POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United

OhYaBeauty

Pretty disappointed to come away with a draw, but content with the fact we controlled the game, attacked well, created good chances and didn't lose anybody to injury.

Take it away

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Bah, confirmation that this team is nothing more than a mid-table one.

Take it away, lads, but keep it civil.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Unlucky, we deserved 3 points. Hope karma will even it up.
Enrique was poor really poor, apart from that 1 moment .

LFCLV

TIA Youth Team
Thank you Luis for 1 point. Others should learn from him. Gave his everything. Others could not give a [email protected]#k until he scored. Poor performance. We are 1 man team.

OhYaBeauty

I keep hoping that will happen one day but three things unfailingly happen:
1. United get bullshit refereeing decisions go their way.
2. We miss the goal, hit the woodwork, or are denied a penalty.
3. We drop points.

Sigh

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Shelvey needs an eye test, that's what we learnt from this game, he should be disappointed with himself tonight.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
We were the better team.Suarez was fantastic.A hero and our main man.
Allen was poor.No one in the box at times was frustrating against a team defending with a bus and hoping to catch us on the break.

Dr_J

TIA Reserve Team
Incredible goal from Suarez... But again our lack of finishing cost us. Shelvey that has to be in the corner son. Raheem took too long to take a hit when Suarez laid it to him. Should have won this match. Gutted!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
No, we didn't deserve anymore from it. That goal from Suarez is a f*cking miracle. Otherwise, it would have been 0-1. Nothing to celebrate or put false hopes up here. There won't be any karma rescuing us in the future.

That team is mediocre, full stop. I expect us to stay around that 12th position during the whole season.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Same old same old.

Its an extremely depressing yet exciting time to be a LFC supporter. The youth are incredible for their age, but are still just kids and have trouble competing with the big boys. The future looks very bright but the present is very dim.

Cabaye's goal was very well taken. Our attack still lacks teeth, but we all knew that before the season even started. Suarez is just a beast.

We finally got a well deserved red card in our favor for a tackle (attempt) on Suarez.

Gears

TIA Regular
Someone buy Shelvey some glasses. Brutal.
I don't see the purpose of slating him for this. At least he's getting into the ****ing box which is not what stevie or sahin were doing. Sterling became alive in the second half.

Shelvey could be a deployed as a striker if we coach him that way.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Raheem took too long to take a hit when Suarez laid it to him.

yeah but the pass could of been better and quicker as well.. give credit to taylor as well on that one

steve10

TIA New Signing
Uncle Woy had 12 points after 10 games in charge of Liverpool, Rodgers only has 11. Food for Thought

Gerrard was the worst Liverpool player on the pitch today- awful free kicks, stray passing etc.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Enrique had a bad game as did Allen and Sahin. Suarez was his usual great self and Stevie seemed determined to win his 600th game by chasing everything down. What we didn't have was many bodies in the box when attacking, something that i expect to change when we get a striker in the next window. With Suarez and Sterling as wide attacking options we could do really well but need a good striker that doesn't need loads of chances to score a goal.

2 points dropped is how i see this but finally a ref saw a bad tackle on Suarez, perhaps this is the shape of things to come.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
No, we didn't deserve anymore from it. That goal from Suarez is a f*cking miracle. Otherwise, it would have been 0-1. Nothing to celebrate or put false hopes up here. There won't be any karma rescuing us in the future.

That team is mediocre, full stop. I expect us to stay around that 12th position during the whole season.
Bloody hell Hope. you're starting to sound like Rich :tongue:

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Don't think we deserved to win this based upon the first half performance. A point is ok but is only going to reinforce that this is a mid table team and squad.

January is going to be crucial towards deciding whether or not we finish higher than last year.

As things stand right now we have gone backwards ... I'm really not seeing any progress from last year with the exception being that we have brought in a couple of good players (Sahin and Allen). I would say its still to early to say where we are at in terms of the BR revolution, but so far its not that inspiring

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
another game of sheer domination nothing to show for it Sterling was Awsome Saurez also goal just total class.
Enrique great pass but he gives the ball away far to much and doesnt keep it simple and play the easy ball when needed shoud have had 3 points again and as for that knob coming on at the end and i mean Pardew and not Downing what was that all about watch it back you clown defo sending off right back to downing he cant keep getting game time.

T.C.B

Much better in the 2nd half in that we turned posession into chances. Great Suarez goal, our one and only world clasd player. Jonjo could have had a hatrick but at least he gets in there looking for it. Does Allen ever pass it forwards or is it always sideways?
We are a midtable side, 4 top players needed to get back in the mix at the top end.
Im expecting more from Sahin to be honest. On his recent showings I wouldnt be paying top dollar for him either.

scouseheadross

Septical
Negatives first:

- Stewart Downing should never wear the shirt again, even as emergency LB, time for Assaidi to get game time.
- Gerrard also piss poor and should have come off. Sahin is class but reserved. Shelvey adds bottle, pace of play (the opposite of quality!) and guts.

Enrique was a horror defensively but nice to see him back in the shirt. Hope he can build and go forward, since he's been consistently good for three or four years in the PL.

Suarez was unplayable and a goal of the season to rival Bergkamp. He needs support and I'm beginning to think that 4-3-3 won't work. We need someone with him - let him take on three players and slip a ball to someone else to finish. Yes, we need to sign someone in Jan, but for the moment Sterling could destroy defences with his pace.

Disgraceful challenge by Collocini - a class player that was mugged all afternoon by Suarez. Hope Pardew eats his words.

Dr_J

TIA Reserve Team
We finally got a well deserved red card in our favor for a tackle (attempt) on Suarez.
Newcastle will appeal and the FA will decide "it wasn't that bad."

I was happy to see that too, Suarez finally being protected a bit.