POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Only 2 goals have been scored this season, that were not scored or assisted by Saurez
goes to show how we are totally dependent on him. I hate to say this, he is probably our best signing[ahead of torres], and we need to make sure he gets good support, else we will have the same road ahead.

kwala

TIA Regular
Nothing new. Deserved to win. SERIOUSLY lacking in the final third.

Bringing Stewart Doowning on was like being reduced to 10 men ourselves.

What a goal from Suarez, just amazing.

Archer

TIA First Team
He needs time, and ideally some players for the squad, but most of all he needs to teach the ones we have how to defend...hoping he knows how. And jonjo...ffs.

Anyway, that wasn't relegation fodder we just played at Anfield. Also we can stop saying Suarez doesn't score enough. Guys on fire! Sahin is disappointing me at the moment though. Gerrard can be very quiet, and Allen looks knackered.

ps - who gives a fuck about the hodgson stat - like the squad condition; fixtures or any other circumstance makes that remotely relevant. Fucking statistics always being used to talk bollocks. Just like they were used to buy complete and utter shite footballers.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
and NO @ shelvey as striker for me.. we need real strikers

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
3 players caused us the game....shelvey, wisdom and enrique.....wisdom was literally ripped apart by cisse in the 2nd half.....enrique for hesitating on a tackle on ben arfa, and shelvey for literally being blind to where the net is....

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Very disappointing today. The result I can live with in isolation, but I'm very worried with our performance. So far we've shown very little improvement over the first 10 games this season. Everything today happened through Suarez and there were very little chances created by team play. So far Rodger's tactics are just not working. What he does now will define his time here as a manager.

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
People are acting like Newcastle are some Villa or Sunderland. They're not. They're a better team that us, far better chemistry and been playing together longer for the most part.

Shelvey has to take the blame for this loss, poor miss.

Good result because Perch and Coloccini are out for a while,, which can hurt them indirectly.

Also, for all the possession we only had something like 1 shot on target in the first half.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Newcastle will appeal and the FA will decide "it wasn't that bad."

I was happy to see that too, Suarez finally being protected a bit.
Intent can count in cards right? Because although the contact wasn't there that was a brutal attempt to injure Suarez. It was just a nasty nasty attempt.

haakeye

Banned Users
good comeback ok but shelvy wtf how many chances do you need ? do not rate him highly im sorry and two more points dropped feel so flat ............ again

lfc.8

Not good enough. Very disappointing. Hopefully in January we can buy some proven talent.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I just wonder, will yesil do a better job? may be in the final 10-20 mins, the lad has a phenomenal nack of scorning goals at youth level, worth a try?

Dr_J

TIA Reserve Team
Gerrard was absolutely horrendous today... What in the world was he doing. Set pieces were absolutely shocking and he didn't want to move...

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Negatives first:

- Stewart Downing should never wear the shirt again, even as emergency LB, time for Assaidi to get game time.
- Gerrard also piss poor and should have come off. Sahin is class but reserved. Shelvey adds bottle, pace of play (the opposite of quality!) and guts.

Enrique was a horror defensively but nice to see him back in the shirt. Hope he can build and go forward, since he's been consistently good for three or four years in the PL.

Suarez was unplayable and a goal of the season to rival Bergkamp. He needs support and I'm beginning to think that 4-3-3 won't work. We need someone with him - let him take on three players and slip a ball to someone else to finish. Yes, we need to sign someone in Jan, but for the moment Sterling could destroy defences with his pace.

Disgraceful challenge by Collocini - a class player that was mugged all afternoon by Suarez. Hope Pardew eats his words.
Didn't he march on the field at the end like a prick? Don't think he will be eating his words!

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Confirmation of nothing more that we didn't know: we need attacking options. Taking anything more from this is unfair on the team and the manager.
Nah you are continuing to decline the obvious.

We are a mid-table team which happens to have one of the best players in the world, a-la Atletico when we bought Fernando from them.

Today proves again why big clubs are the super power clubs who are seriously in this to dominate. They do this by not just having players who are world-class, but by having a no-nonsence attitude towards playing to win. It starts with the owners, the management and the players.

Judging from the performance and the attitude, I'm not saying we have no chance in competing for 4th in a couple of years. But only for 4th as the top 3 are set in stone for good now.

JackleCube

I'm genuinely worried; not of relegation or anything stupid like that, but that we may even end up further behind the league winners this year than the year before. We are horribly wasteful, we know there's a lack of attacking options, but we're still playing 11 highly paid good players, it shouldn't be that difficult to actually stick the ball in the net; if we upped our conversion rate by as little as about 10% (Given the amount of chances we create) then we'd probably have double our points tally, but as it stands we're in an amongst Wigan and Norwich; I'm getting sick of getting ripped by everyone. The media, my mates, everyone on certain social networking sites.

I wonder how Luis feels, without him we'd be nearer QPR, he's pretty much carry this team along with his individual brilliance, starting to feel really sorry or the guy bout how gutless some of his counterparts are; racist? diver? who gives a fuck, at least he's not a complete waste of space like Downing, grrrrrrrrr.

Anthony

Sorry boys and girls but I saw things so differently;
Oustanding effort
Suarez and Enrique superb
Allen and Sterling tireless effort and glad to see them play for us
Wisdom, solid in defense.......needs work going forward
Agger and Skrtel decent performance
Gerrard worked but lacks that clinical touch we are so used to seeing
Jones, okay.........we need Pepe back
Sahin and Suso need to bring more commitment and work harder

Game: we simply outplayed them, there only goal threat turned into a goal...unlucky for us. We are playing with the most inexperienced team in the PL and dominating
After the Chelsea game we will climb the table quickly

ricardito

Noone going to comment on Sterling's immaturity in the game?

Very lucky not to get the yellow vs. Cissé and then kicked out at that guys bollocks a bit later on and was generally frustrated and aggressive all game?

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Very disappointed with the draw but heartened by the second half display. Disappointed once again with the midfield not gelling and the whole team not pressing as a whole until the second half. Once again, I felt Gerrard had a very average if not subpar game — I really think Rodgers needs to start thinking seriously about either benching the captain or putting him in a new position. Allen is simply doing his job but he has been limited and looking far less sharp than he did earlier in the season. We got to see a bit of Sahin but he too didn't shine. I wonder which of the midfield three were guilty of letting Cabaye get open for his goal? Begs the question what Henderson and Shelvey have to do to get a start.

Finally, thought the wings again showed their inexperience in terms of taking chances and scoring goals. Still, I thought Sterling and Suso performed well.

As for Luis...words cannot describe how invaluable Suarez is to us. He keeps going and going and going and he gets his reward. That was one of the best goals I've ever seen. Shame that he had so little help from the rest of his teammates the whole game.

haakeye

Banned Users
fucking sick of us having all the play all the chances and fuck all at the end of it

blndcat

TIA Youth Team
First half we were poor after the first 10-15mins. Same problem as usual, no cutting edge, lack of ideas, lack of energy. Poor in the 2nd half until Shelvey came on and then Luis' goal (how good was that?). Shelvey couldn't finish for [insert your favourite expletive] but he did inject energy and provided an outlet for the ball. We do need finishers, really hope that the owners realise their mistake of false economy and take it to heart.

Why Downing? I think he's only getting chances because Rodgers knows he can't shift him come January.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
First half there were urgency in the first 8 minutes. Soon as Suarez could not score, the entire team gets nervy and nearly everyone was ball watching. They pass the ball to him, and stood outside the box looking at him doing his trick. All of them. Sahin, Suso, Sterling and Gerrard, all the same.

Allen clearly off his game. Misplaced passes and caught out of position a few times. Some may blame the team mates for not moving about, but to me, he always need someone close to him to feed off and move up. Much like Lucas, with lesser defensive ability.

If I wasn't a fan of this game and football club, I would think L in LFC stands for Luis Suarez. Without him today, we would be walking back into the tunnel with our tails tucked between our legs. In the first half, he terrorised their defenders, he dragged at times, their two center backs, a fullback and midfield towards him, but nobody got into space for him to feed. Nobody is attacking with him.

Luis Suarez goal is immense. Superb skill. A ball up top, over the defenders from Enrique. He shouldered the ball, round the keeper and tap the ball in. All done between Colocini and Krull about 3 yards space between them. Talk about skills and close control. We are lucky to have him still in our ranks.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Can't call our goal a miracle without calling theirs one as well. That was an incredibly tough shot to make.

You have to either give it up to skill for both goals (which I do) or if you feel like throwing luck into the equation theres was as 'lucky' as ours.
Point taken, mate, but then again, it's not as if we could be satisfied with a goal-less draw... I'm dissatisfied with this result, they were there for the taking, and we let two valuable points on the pitch because of our horrendous ineffectivity in front of goal. Every single team in this league will look forward to playing us, due to us not being able to score goals.

I've had enough of this shit to be honest, and not willing to give any lee-way to the players for it.