• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United

FreakLFC

Screw you TFC. I have fucking ambitions of being on the top. Not like our fucking team. I am totally disappointed tbh. 10 games. Wins 2. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Go suck your own dick if that makes u happy. idiot.

rab

Goes to show when we play with intensity and purpose we look twice the team when we just knock it about. I know the possession concept is aimed at pulling the opposition shape about and tiring them by having them chase the ball but without the intensity and drive going forward it's easy to just sit deep and we get hit on the counter.

Starting games as we did this and maintaining control throughout is important but we showed what we could do in an attacking sense by creating plenty of goal scoring chances and really rattling them for every minute after we scored our goal.

More of that and teams really will start to fear coming to Anfield again. Disapointed to only get one point, with an out and out central striker on the end of those Shelvey chances we'd be looking at three points instead of one.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
The problem with Jose Enrique is that almost everything he does is with a bit of panic...he also tends to expect a bit too much from teammates or put them into tough situations. I enjoy watching him on the ball but he's best just shuttling the ball and releasing it...he just tends not to release it quick enough at times, or hell , too early in others.

I think Pepe Reina would have saved that goal 1st half. That type of reaction save is his bread and butter, not really the forte of Jones. Not slighting Jones, just they have different strengths as keepers. But it wasn't great from Brad...

Absolutely appaling miss from Shelvey, who was acting like a chump throughout that play. I feel Allen is just being asked to do far too much...and we look soooo vulnerable on counters, gaping holes to attack where we requires last ditch Carra tackles or the hope that they fuck up (as they did after spreading it wide to Cisse toward the end)

Impotence in attack is no surprise, but the way we tend to get lazy after the first 20-25 mins of some of our games is troubling

a0001matt

TIA Squad Member
I suppose in the past few years it would have stayed at 1-0 or finished 2-1 to them. Encouraged to see us dig or way back, but frustrated by the chances missed.

I love the heart of our younger guys; I'm just waiting for some coolness at the big moment. (i.e. Shelvey

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
What i notice is players like suso, sterling, jonjo still have to learn a lot. They are good, but apart from sterling, i dont see the others a starting 11 player as of now. We could have easily won this, some of the decision making by sterling were poor, and jonjo, o boy, you really cant miss those mate. Hard luck, but chin up, move on, and next time youll score!

haakeye

Banned Users
just typical results went our way and we couldnt make the most of it grrrr jesus christ i could smash my computor up very eaisly

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Screw you TFC. I have fucking ambitions of being on the top. Not like our fucking team. I am totally disappointed tbh. 10 games. Wins 2. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Go suck your own dick if that makes u happy. idiot.
My money's on Hope.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
Yeah TFC, stop being a jerk.

I want to win too.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
We have a mid week game vs anzi right? boy thats a lot of travelling!
play cole in that game!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
No, we didn't deserve anymore from it. That goal from Suarez is a f*cking miracle. Otherwise, it would have been 0-1
So what your saying you think if we hadn't scored we'd have lost?

Sorry, but I'm not having a moment of brilliance from our team somehow 'not count' towards our performance, but a moment of brilliance from Cabaye means Newcastle were great.

For me, this afternoon was a drubbing in everything but the score. We should have won - Shelvey could have scored three on his own.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
And you guys are LFC supporters? Really.

Everyone says how the kids did good, but young Shelvey continues to show the team around him the bottle that is needed to be a Liverpool player and work to get in scoring positions, but gets grief.

Sahin was reserved despite showing glimpses of quality. He got in some great positions but failed to score, but is he getting grief? Gerrard was horrible hitting the first man with every corner he took - does he get grief? Seems simplistic focussing on a substitute.

Feel sorry for Sterling playing on with what looked like a dead leg - that young kid showed the right stuff today but he'll be next for the whingers. Doubt he'll play TBH, he looked fucked.
It was a light hearted joke.

Read my posts. I support young players and will give them all the time they need. Take a breath. I'm frustrated too.

I don't see why my allegiance should be in question after that.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Point taken, mate, but then again, it's not as if we could be satisfied with a goal-less draw... I'm dissatisfied with this result, they were there for the taking, and we let two valuable points on the pitch because of our horrendous ineffectivity in front of goal. Every single team in this league will look forward to playing us, due to us not being able to score goals.

I've had enough of this shit to be honest, and not willing to give any lee-way to the players for it.
Your completely right, couldn't be satisfied with anything but a win today. I thought we fielded a strong team that could pull off the win. I think the inexperience of our youth really showed in spades at points today, and it showed how we can't rely on too many youth players for too many matches if we expect to do well. Unfortunately nothing can be done about that until January.

We can't give the players leeway, but one thing I liked was that at least we're getting full effort from everyone. At this point in their development most just aren't as good as they need to be in order to be a starting 11 on a PL team with our aspirations. This is mainly seen in our LF and RF but it does extend to the rest of the pitch as well. It makes the future look incredibly bright but our current plight is bleak to say the least. On the plus side we are only a few players away from having a proper starting 11 and some incredible youngsters to provide depth, and hopefully we get the right pieces in January.

It just sounds more depressing when you say it should have been 0-1 lol I'd rather think that it should have either been 1-1 or 0-0 because both goals were really great goals.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
So what your saying you think if we hadn't scored we'd have lost?

Sorry, but I'm not having a moment of brilliance from our team somehow 'not count' towards our performance, but a moment of brilliance from Cabaye means Newcastle were great.

For me, this afternoon was a drubbing in everything but the score. We should have won - Shelvey could have scored three on his own.
Good point, i get pissed when pundits say o, it was suarez miracle, else lfc would have lost.
Yeah we pay him 100k for that miracle!

rippedshorts

TIA Regular
Newcastle will appeal and the FA will decide "it wasn't that bad."

I was happy to see that too, Suarez finally being protected a bit.
To be fair, the intent wasn't really bad. I've seen hundred worse offenses, and I'm sure should our Luis do that, we'd be appealing against a ban. Luis sticking his boot against Everton was pretty bad as well.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Time to take a day off. And from now on, you'll be under scrutiny. Don't let yourself ever go again in that kind of insults, or you'll be off for good.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Very poor first half. Much improved second. But I honestly can not see what is different now to what we saw last season, apart from the fact we are now even more reliant on Luis Suarez. We need a striker but we've needed one for the best part of a year now. Instead of just buying one we sacked the manager, demolished the entire squad, rebuilt from scratch and (guess what?) still forgot to buy a bloody striker.

Oh well, even more reason to celebrate New Year's Eve this year, I suppose.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Was it a moment of brilliance from Cabaye ?

It was a good shot dont get me wrong, but to me it looked like Jones was badly out of position
Mate, but still i think most of the keepers would have struggled to keep that one out. that was well placed.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Only saw the second half and I thought we were good.We controlled the game and created chances.
Sure Suarez was the main reason behind those chances, but still the others did good.

I am finding it hard to have a go at the players or the manager.
If Shelvey had taken any of those 3 chances or Sterling with his two(one was blocked & another was saved) things could have been so different.

We need a finisher.And we need Gerrard to play on right, simply because he can be more involved in the final third.

I feel bad for Suarez.He hardly has any support.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
If you have ambitions of being on top perhaps you should get offline and go find a woman. With your maturity level that clearly seems like it would be a problem though.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Good response after going behind, but we still struggle in the final third. Too many players who can't keep their cool and suffer from 'head down syndrome'.

Shelvey should have won it for us of course.

Oh, and Luis' goal is probably goal of the season. Work of art. Pity it wasn't the winning goal. January can't come soon enough; he can't keep up this one man attack for ever. Reinforcements are badly needed.

Ultimately, a good performance, but a very disappointing result. This was a massive game for us; a win would have put us in a good position, despite our relatively poor start.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Nah you are continuing to decline the obvious.

We are a mid-table team which happens to have one of the best players in the world, a-la Atletico when we bought Fernando from them.

Today proves again why big clubs are the super power clubs who are seriously in this to dominate. They do this by not just having players who are world-class, but by having a no-nonsence attitude towards playing to win. It starts with the owners, the management and the players.

Judging from the performance and the attitude, I'm not saying we have no chance in competing for 4th in a couple of years. But only for 4th as the top 3 are set in stone for good now.
Do you honestly think that we weren't playing to win? Perhaps we started the first half like a freight train but failed to capitalize simply because we don't like scoring and winning games. Perhaps we dominated all of the second half and piled on the pressure because we simply wanted to draw. Come on. Where do you get off with that schpeel? You think we DON'T want to win? You think our owners, our managers came here to lose or be happy in midtable? You have let your disappointments and emotions get to your head.

Your bolded sentence already tells us everything we need to know. The top teams have world-class players. Plural. We have one in Suarez but no one else even comes close. We don't have the resources to simply splash the cash on any player. We have to be smart about it and that is a fact and a reality we have to deal with. We aren't owned by a sugar-daddy. If you're still struggling to deal with that fact, I hope you do soon. Simply because we don't have oil money to spend doesn't equate the whole club to having no desire at all to win. To say that of the club is pretty insulting in my opinion. You have no idea the effort being put in by those who are part of the club. Simply because you can't handle another draw and another week in a midtable position doesn't mean you have the right to assume those associated with the club aren't trying their darndest. Easy to be an armchair critic; hard to be a supporter.