• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-3 Swansea (League Cup)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Right I'm annoyed by a poor performance, I'm gutted at a loss, I'm frustrated by the half arsed performances of some of our more experienced players who should of been setting examples an staking claims, I'm angry that we are out of a competition that gave me my first trophy win at Wembley and I'm disappointed with the tone of some of the comments by some of supposedly the best fans on the planet due to their reactions to a loss in the league cup so I'm going to bed!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Wow some serious kneejerking going on here. Wonder if Spurs are having similar conversations after being put out by a lower prem table Norwich? Yeah we lost, yeah we are out, yeah it was a bad performance but come on dont make more of it than it is!
i think we are making it less than it is. it's not like that we've been winning matchs left and right. we aren't even performing very well and not winning. this is not an isolated event.

it is easy to say we need a CF, no shit. even BR is hiding behind that excuse " we need to take our chances...". we defend poorly. we don't create enough chances, we can't move the ball efficiantly, and we play with no heart.
we could have had Messi himself leading the line and it wouldn't make much of a differance.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
(...)

I know none of this was what your point was getting at, but Swansea field a strong side in the Cup because they're not in Europe (less games) and they don't really have a shot at qualifying for it. They're safely mid-table, so its not as if focusing on the league will get them much. Ergo, they can put more emphasis on something like the League cup
We were rubbish on the night, but from their perspective, Swansea coped well as they had a game at City the other day, mainly waiting behind the ball and not losing much energy which also tactically suited them perfectly coming into this game as Laudrup had the opportunity to keep his strongest possible side on the pitch but also the players knew how to perform defensively as they just had to repeat the same from the Etihad (but of course try to get a result).

(...)
They've only played in 2 or 3 League cup games haven't they? One more than us? We have played the European games and both teams are on same league games we have actually played fair bit more than them.
Yup, it's true that there is a gulf in the number of games. Point taken from you guys.

Still, Swansea are a club with a small fraction of LFC's budget and overall size, and to see them coming to Anfield and dominating procedures like that, and then having people saying that this was to be expected is a bit hard to take... sorry guys...

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
For those who would prefer to hammer the gaffer and the team, bear in mind Swansea started with their first 11 and we had an 18 year old making his debut up front and had no less than 5 youngsters out on the pitch today. It was 10 v 11 for the first half and only in the second did we have some sense of urgency once Gerrard and Suarez were sent on.

Have a little faith in the side. It was never going to be an easy season as we transition with new young inexperinced players who are kids.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yup, it's true that there is a gulf in the number of games. Point taken from you guys.

Still, Swansea are a club with a small fraction of LFC's budget and overall size, and to see them coming to Anfield and dominating procedures like that, and then having people saying that this was to be expected is a bit hard to take... sorry guys...
You didn't say anything wrong mate... we're all frustrated but that's what's been happening for a number of years now, which is sad of course. Clubs have lost the fear of coming to Anfield + now we also have a really thin squad going into a brand new direction, Swansea haven't changed much and had a simple game plan tonight (they did very well last season against us at Anfield as well), they weren't brilliant but considering how we played it was enough.

haakeye

Banned Users
Right I'm annoyed by a poor performance, I'm gutted at a loss, I'm frustrated by the half arsed performances of some of our more experienced players who should of been setting examples an staking claims, I'm angry that we are out of a competition that gave me my first trophy win at Wembley and I'm disappointed with the tone of some of the comments by some of supposedly the best fans on the planet due to their reactions to a loss in the league cup so I'm going to bed!
Fuckin inconsitant Wankers

haakeye

Banned Users
Suarez and sterling etc are going to get sick of whats going on here at this club and id not blame them if they had enough and Pissed off

FreakLFC

I am so disappointed. This means we have one more realistic competition that can help us get into Europe.
What I don't understand is why the likes of Downing, Cole & Henderson don't perform when really needed. We can't play the first team players week in week out and these 3 players know that this cup is a good option to get their game time. They killed it for themselves.
I am happy for the fact that I won't see J. Cole and S. Downing play more games.
I don't think anybody would mind taking the loss on these guys. These guys need to go ASAP.

LFC7NH

So I hate to ask, but I lost my stream at the end and didn't see how we conceded the third, what happened?

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Another thing which lefts me fuming: Cole was rightly taken off at half-time (should never have started in the first place, first error from the gaffer), but Yesil, who was completely isolated due to Cole's unwillingness to put an effor in, gets subbed as well. What the f...?

I can only imagine how terrible this must be for the young man's confidence. It wasn't his fault after all if he was selected by BR to play that game in the first place, then gets no service at all. Then he gets subbed off (or rather, sacrificed) in a desperate (and with hindsight, useless) attempt from the gaffer to correct his errors by putting the big stars in.
You bring up some solid points but I can't agree with you at all about Yesil. If the kid's confidence gets crushed by being subbed off at half at that age then he would have never made it this far to begin with.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
J. Cole and S. Downing
These guys need to go ASAP.
We will get a foreign club for Cole and work something out (perhaps paying from our part for him to leave as well), but question is... who will want to get Downing, I think we'd be lucky to get £5-7m for him.

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
How accurate is this comment in the light of this encounter?
It's as inaccurate and as ill-informed as it was when originally posted. Swansea have picked up only four points in their last seven league matches. There's obviously some sort of discord within the club (and there has been since day one - as is standard with Laudrup, who's managed, what, five clubs in the last five seasons?), whilst the support are increasingly disenchanted with the style of football. I'd be surprised if he doesn't pack it in before the season is out.

I didn't much care when we won the trophy last season. I don't much care that we've been knocked out this season.

We have the right man.

haakeye

Banned Users
It's as inaccurate and as ill-informed as it was when originally posted. Swansea have picked up only four points in their last seven league matches. There's obviously some sort of discord within the club (and there has been since day one - as is standard with Laudrup, who's managed, what, five clubs in the last five seasons?), whilst the support are increasingly disenchanted with the style of football. I'd be surprised if he doesn't pack it in before the season is out.

I didn't much care when we won the trophy last season. I don't much care that we've been knocked out this season.

We have the right man.
i hope you are right Because im not confident that much with him

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
You would think that this was the first time EVER we have been knocked out off a cup competition and the world had ended.

Some people need to calm down and go out for a walk.

Jeeez people.............

lfc.8

You would think that this was the first time EVER we have been knocked out off a cup competition and the world had ended.

Some people need to calm down and go out for a walk.

Jeeez people.............
We lost. We're annoyed. We're angry. All very normal.

We also did ourselves no favours with the team selected. Truly pathetic in more ways than one.

FreakLFC

DEVGRU Some of us take all the matches seriously. I am sure Rodgers does as well. Don't you think when he gets sacked one day he will have to get a new job? What will he show in his CV? He will have to be lucky to get naive and stupid owners like us?
Anyway my question is - Who's going first? AVB or RODGERS?

tellingithowitis

Quite simply, FSG and Rodgers ain't got a clue. He's rhetoric without players and/or tactics and they're clueless corporate types who think that they can win a bunch o stuff/appease fans by talking about history and stories etc.

It's a mess. You can say I'm over reacting to a carling cup defeat but I'm sick of our club being a laughing stock.

If you want more examples just ask.

shambles. and I'm sick of it.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Only two things to say......

Cole!! Begone you fraud!!!

Lucas!! Get well soon please!!!

haakeye

Banned Users
DEVGRU Some of us take all the matches seriously. I am sure Rodgers does as well. Don't you think when he gets sacked one day he will have to get a new job? What will he show in his CV? He will have to be lucky to get naive and stupid owners like us?
Anyway my question is - Who's going first? AVB or RODGERS?
brendan for me if that Really was the case and then its back to square one :'(

Quite simply, FSG and Rodgers ain't got a clue. He's rhetoric without players and/or tactics and they're clueless corporate types who think that they can win a bunch o stuff/appease fans by talking about history and stories etc.

It's a mess. You can say I'm over reacting to a carling cup defeat but I'm sick of our club being a laughing stock.

totally agree beginning to lose intrest hurts to admit it

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot

Is that you CCS? or am i paranoid???

swans0ne

swans fan here although i didnt see much of the game (terrible stream) a lot of you have posted that we had our best team out in fact 5 of them are not even close to the 1st team i think 3 of them played there 1st game of the season tonight,brendans football can be very frustrating and his subs at times had many of us pulling our hair out,i think he done a good job for us but to be honest he only had to fine tune martinez layed the foundations years ago,anyway good luck for the season if br gets time i think you have a bright future but be patient.