• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-3 Swansea (League Cup)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
That was a terrible performance, not just because of the loss, not just because the players lacked fight, but because on top of that, we didn't stick to our guns and play passing football. We went down one, got desperate, and let them finish us off.

Absolutely freaking terrible. Joe Cole needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot.
I think we did play passing football. The only problem was, it was the pass and not move of last season. We were so bloody pedestrian that by the time we got near their goal area their defence was in formation and waiting for us. I've read that the second half was better than the first. Thank Fowler I missed the first then.

Once Lucas is back and Gerrard is playing on the right of the front three where I would put him if I had a Porsche Cayenne, then we'll be much more balanced and will probably see more from Sahin and Allen. There y'are. Problems solved. If only it was that easy in real life.

haakeye

Banned Users
If only you'd told FSG.
you agree or just bein sarcastic ? Aint bein funny just askin Anyway iv had enough of this its depressing im goin bed

swans fan here although i didnt see much of the game (terrible stream) a lot of you have posted that we had our best team out in fact 5 of them are not even close to the 1st team i think 3 of them played there 1st game of the season tonight,brendans football can be very frustrating and his subs at times had many of us pulling our hair out,i think he done a good job for us but to be honest he only had to fine tune martinez layed the foundations years ago,anyway good luck for the season if br gets time i think you have a bright future but be patient.
oh fuck off stnp gloating dick

FreakLFC

Can't believe Downing missed that rebound. For once, he was actually in the fucking box. What a player.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
2 big backward steps after one forward and a few sideways ones. Terrible. Shameful actually.

swans0ne

all jokes aside its tough for you at the moment thin sqaud and all the rest of it,but it will all come together takes time tho,great fans good luck boys,im off now

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
beating liverpool is nothing to gloat about anymore
You are right. United fans don't even slag me when we lose anymore. We are only a big match on tradition now we barely register on their radar the rest of the year. Who would have said that 5 years ago.

haakeye

Banned Users
beating liverpool is nothing to gloat about anymore
ha ha of course ud come back with that you welsh prick and i dont give a shit Because thats alll u came in here for was to gloat bye bye oh you wont win the thing

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I am sort of amazed at how many posters there are who are so perfectly echoing the anger over the last day of the transfer window, yet seemingly believing we actually learned anything new. We pretty much all knew there were going to be one or two nights like this, when the shortcomings of the squad would be horribly exposed. I don't even see the point in getting particularly upset about it.

Next play.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
ha ha of course ud come back with that you welsh prick and i dont give a shit Because thats alll u came in here for was to gloat bye bye oh you wont win the thing
You need to wind it in.

We welcome other fans here if they're respectful and he was nothing but. Just because we got played off the park at home doesn't mean you get to be a shitty loser to someone who was respectful. We're better than that.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
all jokes aside its tough for you at the moment thin sqaud and all the rest of it,but it will all come together takes time tho,great fans good luck boys,im off now
Don't mind the disrespectful posters. You guys played well and deserved the win.

lancashirelad

DID I JUST WATCH THAT???OR WAS IT A NIGHTMARE??
gutted...where was the fire,where was the guts?

And yes I do get that I have to keep the faith and I do get that new ways of playing and management take time..but I'm still not happy with the way things are!
This club IS GREAT..AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT..why are we falling? . don't get me wrong I will live and die LFC..but I just wanna see more fight,more determination,not just from the few who are always great and play their best every game..but from ALL the team...someone must be able to make this so.
Gutted...
YNWA..JFT96 ALWAYS.

haakeye

Banned Users
You need to wind it in.

We welcome other fans here if they're respectful and he was nothing but. Just because we got played off the park at home doesn't mean you get to be a shitty loser to someone who was respectful. We're better than that.
they Wanted trouble he was waiting 4 a response was his replie respectful ? Take a look

alphakilo

TIA Regular
The joke gets unfunnier week by week.. look at what wdd have become From 5years ago

and who are you ? Unless your a mod .oh dont Need dicks coming in here gloating i dont like it
Since you're beginning to lose interest, may I direct you to the Etihad Stadium?

It just gets better week by week...look at what they have become from 5 years ago!

Hurts to admit it and all that.

Sorry mods, couldn't resist. Little passive-aggressive me.

Odin_telamon

Remembering the 96
And to think some thought you were ccs posting on here again,but it soon became apparent that you are some prepubescent kid of from school,who whilst barely being able to control their testosterone levels in engaging with the likes of anfield cat,now can't control themselves when talking to other supporters from other clubs.

He will be posting here long after you will be back in school,the difference is he will be welcome.

My money personally on DS....oh and this is from a welsh prick as well you twat

haakeye

Banned Users
Since you're beginning to lose interest, may I direct you to the Etihad Stadium? It just gets better week by week...look at what they have become from 5 years ago! Hurts to admit it and all that.

Sorry mods, couldn't resist.
il live and die a red just cant belive what we have become

haakeye

Banned Users
And to think some thought you were ccs posting on here again,but it soon became apparent that you are some prepubescent kid of from school,who whilst barely being able to control their testosterone levels in engaging with the likes of anfield cat,now can't control themselves when talking to other supporters from other clubs.

He will be posting here long after you will be back in school,the difference is he will be welcome.

My money personally on DS....oh and this is from a welsh prick as well you twat
take a Chilli pill i was hasty calling him that and i left school years ago im just Pissed off frustrated down etc

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
haakeye you need a rest - physical and virtual

I didn't see anything wrong in what the Swansea fan posted.

It's crap for us and it will not get any better soon.

But what differentiates us from others is that we stick together, club, supporters, players. Like a true family.

If FSG are not in it long term it'll show. BR appears to be legit, just inexperienced.

I really don't like it when folks attack our players whoever they may be. Even Joe and Stu actually.

Try playing 1 out of every 10 matches and see how even the best would perform.

I really didn't expect anything better from Joe. Downing should have done better. But what's missing is a {4-6 player spine" that always delivers. The engine that only needs some additional parts to make the ride possiblle and comfortable.

In other words, I'm not going to just blame / single out players if that spine is not developed and it does not start games. When we reach that point, when we can depend on that "spine" we'll be able to make up to 5-6 changes around it.

Right now we are changing some 7-8 players around each time we go from a PL to a Cup competition. And we have not formed that much needed engine.

So, please everyone reconsider blaming specific players. Like someone else said, a Messi like player (which we actually already have in Luis) might have not delivered more today.

ReRangles

We desperately need investment. We need a squad, January will be the telling month. No good players brought in we'll finish below 5th.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
The worst part is swansea is now a better team than us, after we nicked their coach and their suppose best player!! How is that possible.
This is a specific example of how much this game is a SQUAD and PHILOSOPHY exercise. We may have poached their best player, but the other 10 play a greater role than 1. Right now Laudrup has them working in unison. We have a series of parts that were never meant to fit together.

Look at QPR. A bunch of PL talent, but no symbiosis. a starting XI has to have understanding and agreement. We do not have that outside of 6-7 players. BR needs time to build that.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
and who are you ? Unless your a mod .oh dont Need dicks coming in here gloating i dont like it
Dear oh dear. Time for a couple of days off for you, son.

Colin

TIA First Team
I am sort of amazed at how many posters there are who are so perfectly echoing the anger over the last day of the transfer window, yet seemingly believing we actually learned anything new. We pretty much all knew there were going to be one or two nights like this, when the shortcomings of the squad would be horribly exposed. I don't even see the point in getting particularly upset about it.

Next play.
True mate, but seeing certain players disappoint and play without any clue, is disappointing regardless of it not coming as a surprise.

So, if i say Joe Cole is toss that's one thing. But if i watch him play for LFC and play like a goat, i still get angry despite the lack of actual surprise about it.

Double kicker, really.