• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

Tetteh_Dalglish

Paul the Octopus
The good, the bad, and the ugly.
We saw the full Suarez today.
And he scored with probably his last touch of the season.

Absolutely no chance of getting player of the season now. And he'll be suspended for a lot of games.

Genius and madness all in one.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
We deserved a draw, we were probably just better than them today but too bad mistakes..
Still need to improve more...

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Good, the bad and the fucking awful that

Pretty lucky to get a point, we were pretty bad in certain areas but was at least a more entertaining game than the last 2

Sturridge sub made us more competitive though

Suarez, he's a great player and rescued a draw but I hope the excuses afterwards aren't as embarrassing as I suspect they might be if he is found to have done what it looked like he did. Again...it's a flaw. But in a way it's why he's here and not at a club with more ambition and talent in their squad than we have. Rough with the smooth, but the rough can be as rough as arseholes and he has form

ReRangles

I really enjoyed that game, first half dogshite but some incidents were hilarious (hungry?) and the ending was sublime.

t34m43

With a pound flesh in his mouth Suarez equalises at Anfield. Think this will be the last we see of him this season. Fantastic player, with some baggage.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
A draw is a good result.Pity it will be all about the bite.
We will not see Luis again this season.He will be banned.
We had some players playing crap in the game Downing and Henderson have been poor.
Wonder what Brendan will say about Luis what words of wisdom.I suggest the sports psycologist start earning his cash and help Luis.He needs help.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
I certainly don't have a great feeling right now. We might not see Suarez in Red again.

And I don't feel like sitting through a week of LFC bashing. We just did not need this negative press right now.....or ever!

Sorry, disappointing.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Huh... Don't know what to make of all that. 2 dog shit goals conceded. Our defending of corners was abysmal. Played well to get our goals. Sturridge was very good (I hope he keeps it up cos he's been patchy lately), Shelvey played with a lot of purpose when he came on, Suarez did well for the goals. About the 2 talking points regarding Suarez though... FORFUCKSSAKE.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
This is one game where I believe BR doesn't deserve the usual BS. Great sub at HT and we played so much better in the second.

The media will be chomping at the bit to get into Suarez now and deservedly so. I love him so much but hate him so much too. I really hope that he didn't actually sink his teeth into Ivanovic. I've read that Defoe got away with a similar incident a while back. FIngers crossed.

Regardless, I really hope Suarez apologises ASAP. He did it, it's on tape, he fucked up. If he wants the continued support of the Fans this stupidity needs to stop.

BR will be livid with Suarez

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Could be his last game for the club, we know what happened on his last biting incident, 10 games was it, this looks pretty clear cut.

Certainly be lucky to not see at least 10 games here again.

Just get this season over with

alphakilo

TIA Regular
One person on this forum will be disappointed at that equalizer. Any guesses who?

Answers on a postcard please. Winners get a Brendan Rodgers "We'll Get Relegated" poster.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
suarez is an idiot... he is the best player in the league but a total idiot... I'm tired of all his controversy... he will continue to make us look bad. he will be sold in the summer i'm guessing now for sure after this

ps. shelvey blows

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
RichLFC said:
Good, the bad and the fucking awful that

Pretty lucky to get a point, we were pretty bad in certain areas but was at least a more entertaining game than the last 2

Sturridge sub made us more competitive though

Suarez, he's a great player and rescued a draw but I hope the excuses afterwards aren't as embarrassing as I suspect they might be if he is found to have done what it looked like he did. Again...it's a flaw. But in a way it's why he's here and not at a club with more ambition and talent in their squad than we have. Rough with the smooth, but the rough can be as rough as arseholes and he has form
To be fair its a custom in Uruguay to nibble on an arm as a sign of respect lol

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Was that Suarez's last game for Liverpool? I wonder what the club will do about his Walking Dead impersonation, after the FA have had their (pardon the pun) pound of flesh? :eek:

Now I guess we'll find out how average this team is in the remaining games we have left.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
to many times the club and supporters have defended him enough is enough club need react quick to this hit him hard

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Isn't Suarez already due to miss a couple games due to his 10th yellow card anyway? Maybe now we'll see just how good the rest of the players are. Maybe we give Sinclair a few games now or Suso or god forbid Shelvey.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Good second half performance ruined by 2 moments of stupidity.
And I can accept the first, where he handballed.But the second is unacceptable.
I hope the manager has a very-very strong word with him.Or maybe the club appoints a personal shrink to get his head sorted out.

He is making himself look bad but more importantly is making the club look bad.Cause nobody frm the outside is going to talk or appreciate his unimaginable talent.Shame.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
i_still_miss_fowler said:
To be fair its a custom in Uruguay to nibble on an arm as a sign of respect lol
I just hope Rodgers doesn't do a Houllier in the post match interview. Eat the grass and all that shite. Going to need all his diplomacy skills here

I suspect this is also going to be the next banned Rawk discussion topic...just a hunch...Stalinism doesn't really do accountability ;-)

Almost certain he won't play again this season