• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool 2 Hull City 0

Binomial

Visionary Tactician
mignolet 7 - not much to do in terms of shotstopping, in fact nothing but distribution and handling was very good
johnno 6 - perhaps his best performance of the season since his injury v mancs, got forward well but i'd like to see him cross in low more often
skrtel 8 - him and agger should be our CB partnership
agger 8.5 - well taken goal, hope he adds more over the next 18 games.
cissokho 6.5 - solid performance but did hardly anything going forward, i see him making a lot of forward runs but cou never seems to want to pass to him.
lucas 8 - another fantastic game from boss, protected back 4 well and his highlight was when aspas gave it away and hull were on the break he intercepted fantastically.
hendo 7 - missed a sitter and needs to practice shooting once in a while. his highlight was the over the top ball for cou at end of first half
coutinho 6.5 - should be banned from shooting but the last min play was exquisit (spelling) but shame he couldn't finish.
aspas 3 - dreadful nothing more to be said :ph34r:
sterling 4 - not much better tbh :rolleyes:
suarez 7 - not his best performance but i guess we can't rely on 1 man so much so often but still has the audacity to come up with that free kick. out of the world

moses 4 - meh
gerrard 5 - seems to get the ball stuck between his feet a lot, few heavy touches i saw as well. welcome back captain fantastic, please stay fit and get lucas off corner taking!!!

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
Binomial said:
mignolet 7 - not much to do in terms of shotstopping, in fact nothing but distribution and handling was very good
johnno 6 - perhaps his best performance of the season since his injury v mancs, got forward well but i'd like to see him cross in low more often
skrtel 8 - him and agger should be our CB partnership
agger 8.5 - well taken goal, hope he adds more over the next 18 games.
cissokho 6.5 - solid performance but did hardly anything going forward, i see him making a lot of forward runs but cou never seems to want to pass to him.
lucas 8 - another fantastic game from boss, protected back 4 well and his highlight was when aspas gave it away and hull were on the break he intercepted fantastically.
hendo 7 - missed a sitter and needs to practice shooting once in a while. his highlight was the over the top ball for cou at end of first half
coutinho 6.5 - should be banned from shooting but the last min play was exquisit (spelling) but shame he couldn't finish.
aspas 3 - dreadful nothing more to be said :ph34r:
sterling 4 - not much better tbh :rolleyes:
suarez 7 - not his best performance but i guess we can't rely on 1 man so much so often but still has the audacity to come up with that free kick. out of the world

moses 4 - meh
gerrard 5 - seems to get the ball stuck between his feet a lot, few heavy touches i saw as well. welcome back captain fantastic, please stay fit and get lucas off corner taking!!!

Binomial

Visionary Tactician
redandwhite3 said:
Think henderson has improved the most for you. First two seasons he was not that amazing but think he really grown up this season. still very young but way he playing got a chance of going to the world cup.
KK didn't do him any favors constantly playing him out wide on the right, never a wide player.

redandwhite3

Binomial said:
KK didn't do him any favors constantly playing him out wide on the right, never a wide player.
agree but he was to passive a player and gave the ball away during that time. I think maybe kenny was not talking to him enough due to the age gap. Rodgers a young manager and maybe more in tune at getting the best out of his young players

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
redandwhite3 said:
agree with that. couthino is you best set piece maker.
not sure he's the best at corner's. I notice they are often too short.

redandwhite3

Quagmire81 said:
not sure he's the best at corner's. I notice they are often too short.
True but sometimes their very good. Gerrad probally your best when i think about it

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
redandwhite3 said:
agree but he was to passive a player and gave the ball away during that time. I think maybe kenny was not talking to him enough due to the age gap. Rodgers a young manager and maybe more in tune at getting the best out of his young players
Or maybe it was his first season playing for a big club, coming in with a huge price tag with extremely high expectations burdened him? And now he's been here 3 seasons, integrated with the team and fought hard to get to where he is today? He was about to be sold to Fulham as part exchange. Dalglish if anything speaks to players a whole lot as I recall.

Anyway, he has grown but there are a lot more he needs to improve and fast. He is about to play in the most important position in the team. Missing that shot is a bad one, he will need to work on more of those runs and finishing his chances more frequently.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
lfc.eddie said:
Or maybe it was his first season playing for a big club, coming in with a huge price tag with extremely high expectations burdened him? And now he's been here 3 seasons, integrated with the team and fought hard to get to where he is today? He was about to be sold to Fulham as part exchange. Dalglish if anything speaks to players a whole lot as I recall.

Anyway, he has grown but there are a lot more he needs to improve and fast. He is about to play in the most important position in the team. Missing that shot is a bad one, he will need to work on more of those runs and finishing his chances more frequently.
When you look at how Hazard finished that ball against us on Dec29th, compare to Hendo's sitter...it shows how far he has to go still and why we need an established, journeyman midfield who can play with Gerrard (AM) and Henderson (DM) to provide a goal threat in middle of pitch.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
cw37 said:
It is about time something was done about teams being cloggers with Suarez. Some teams will double up on him. And yes play borderline stuff. But yesterday was assault AGAIN. Other fans moan about him talking to refs, Limping about. Yeah no wonder. Protection for class players please.
The problem is with referees and their constant failure to apply the laws of the game regardless of the context the game is played in. We see time and time again....

- letting red and yellow card tackles go early in games
- refereeing big televised games differently, especially if it's a showpiece (See Webb, Howard - World Cup Final 2010)
- allowing 'name players' more leniency
- applying different standards in the box to outside the box
- allowing the score and implications of a decision to affect decision making

It isn't good enough and it needs sorting out before anyone moans about diving or being theatrical.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Semmy said:
When you look at how Hazard finished that ball against us on Dec29th, compare to Hendo's sitter...it shows how far he has to go still and why we need an established, journeyman midfield who can play with Gerrard (AM) and Henderson (DM) to provide a goal threat in middle of pitch.
Hazard is no journeyman. I do agree that Henderson has a lot of ground to make to improve but we don't need a journeyman midfielder. To me a journeyman is like Jovanovic not Hazard type..

Semmy

Ad-free Member
lfc.eddie said:
Hazard is no journeyman. I do agree that Henderson has a lot of ground to make to improve but we don't need a journeyman midfielder. To me a journeyman is like Jovanovic not Hazard type..
A journeyman is someone who has completed an apprenticeship and is fully educated in a trade or craft, but not yet a master.

I did not call Hazard a journeyman, he's world-class.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
That's not typically how it's used in the context of a footballing discussion.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
ILLOK said:
That's not typically how it's used in the context of a footballing discussion.
Let's ignore it then, call it a difference in demographic slang and carry on. Right-o

Canuck33

Banned Users
Actually, I like it. Just like in the trades, there's apprentices, crafts or journeymen, and of course the esteemed masters. I don't think that football is a whole lot different, if any at all. Pretty much like anything in life.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Just read on TTT that this was the first 2-0 win under Rodgers. Surely that can't be true?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
SirBillShankly said:
Just read on TTT that this was the first 2-0 win under Rodgers. Surely that can't be true?
Yes...we haven't won 2-0 for years, absolutely years. Neil from TAW always bangs on about it...

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
LiVeRp0oL89 said:
Kop: ''what the fucking hell was that!?'' Love it :D
Thanks for sharing this. It was awesome. Even Rodgers had a bit of a laugh after hearing that from the crowd.