• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool 2 Oldham 0

RedSeven

On the one road
norwegian wood said:
Job done, goal for Aspas. Good stuff.

Pity about Agger, but shit happens. No reason not to play him today considering how little he has played recently.
Didn't see the game but found a quote on the offal;

Rodgers on Daniel Agger's injury: "It's too early yet. It looked as though his calf cramped up."

Hopefully nothing serious then

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Thanks for the photo Zoran. Means the world to us dads (and sons).

I also just saw the Iago post match interview on LFC TV. Felt really bad for the lad. He was so nervous. He needs our support and everyone else's and he'll do better. Even if he does not work out, let's support him throughout his 1st season at this massive, massive club.

Walter Sobchak

Haha, Bony just sent the scum out of the cup. Was actually hoping for a rematch before those simpletons got sent out, but hey, you can't have it all.

Urban Achiever

We have to hang on to Aspas I think. He's not an impact-sub but there IS something about him.
He was played out of position a couple of times and got injured, but lets not forget that he scored 5 (as far as I remember) in preseason.

He's no Suarez or Sturridge, but he is better than what he's been labelled as lately.

Who knows maybe with support and back up he'll blossom...?

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I shouldnt take so much enjoyment out of Utd losing but for some reason i do

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Everyone in the States, put it Fox Sports 1 they will show our goals in 60 seconds! It's called Fox FA Cup Goals or something...still not done showing yesterday's goals...ours should be coming up

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Job done. Would rather not to have played Lucas, Suarez or Coutinho but we just dont have the quality in reserve even for a game against a team from the lower leagues.

Nice to see Aspas get a goal and contribute a bit more in the second half.......he needs to kick on from that if he has to justify a future at this club. I would have played Agger because he needs football......hope his injury isn't serious. Mancs just gone out at home which makes the day even sweeter. :lol:

cw37

Did what we needed to in the 2nd half by the sounds of it. Listened to it on City with Aldo he did not sound too overjoyed with the first half. Good subs possibly did it. And Sterling coming out as though he got a rocket off BR. Chuffed Aspas scored. Saw him on the Club channel doing a interview. Doing his best with the language. Good in the end. As getting through is what it is all about.

Claymenza

Well taken goal and a top assist by sterling. He needs to be unleashed again in the next game.

abcd

I wouldn't be as quick as some to write off Bournemouth / Burton in the next round but hopefully its a tie which can be negotiated in one go. Apparently Alberto didn't advance his claims today but glad to see Aspas get off the mark with a decent finish. With Sturridge almost ready to return maybe Aspas can start alongside one or the other in the next cup game. Let's hope Agger's injury won't keep him out for long.

slufsar

Really suprised that an attack of Moses, Alberto, Sterling and Aspas couldnt create anything against Oldham at home.
It should be enough to create something against a poor PL side atleast. We need to get our squad players to perform better

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
slufsar said:
Really suprised that an attack of Moses, Alberto, Sterling and Aspas couldnt create anything against Oldham at home.
It should be enough to create something against a poor PL side atleast. We need to get our squad players to perform better
Didn't Sterling assisted Aspas with a cross? Wouldn't that consider as creating something?

Doggie

Resident Optimist
I thought it was the half time sacrifice of Moses that clinched this.

I can just imagine him being held down and Coutinho above him with an obsidian knife, grimacing at the thought of another wasted through ball.

But seriously, I think Moses has had his chance and I don't ever want to see another loan player in an LFC shirt.

I do hope to see more of Aspas however, I got a positive vibe for him, he needs a run of games.

gb1986

lfc.eddie said:
Didn't Sterling assisted Aspas with a cross? Wouldn't that consider as creating something?
Agreed, ran out of bloody likes but it was good work by Sterling to make the space to put that ball in.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Finally I saw both goals
Not only did Aspas take his goal well
He created the 2nd

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
indianscouser said:
good game. got the job done. another easy game in the next round.
Aspas is the real deal!!!! :D
Good peformance and very prorfessional for you lot. only annoying thing is agger injury

got good chance in cup with united and spurs gone. decent draw and both us and you should go through. Although can,t be silly as we both got knocked out by lower teams.

cup between us, you, city and chelsea and maybe everton this year.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Not wanting to shit on his parade, but I reckon that's not going in vs a premier league keeper.

A bit too easy.

Main thing is he's off the mark though, good luck lad.

kopite1982

Fair to say its the end of moses. Poor, lazy, lethargic & wotever else you want to say about him. Aspas was ok in the end i supose.still not for me.Alberto did ok aswell, but these type of players i just dont get. BR really needs to get these 1 or 2 january signings 100% spot on. We cant afford to buy any more "squad" players or ones for the "future"

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
redbj said:
Not wanting to shit on his parade, but I reckon that's not going in vs a premier league keeper.

A bit too easy.

Main thing is he's off the mark though, good luck lad.
Depends which Premier League goalie we are facing.

bes

mattyhurst said:
Depends which Premier League goalie we are facing.
Reminds me next week we have Begovic.......... uhhhh

Bobbinho

kopite1982 said:
Fair to say its the end of moses. Poor, lazy, lethargic & wotever else you want to say about him. Aspas was ok in the end i supose.still not for me.Alberto did ok aswell, but these type of players i just dont get. BR really needs to get these 1 or 2 january signings 100% spot on. We cant afford to buy any more "squad" players or ones for the "future"
He has been disappointing of late esp, was expecting more impact from him tbh, doesn't seem to have the right mentality, probably needs to feel as if he's a regular, getting played week in week out, lack of confidence perhaps, but still....at this level you have to make the most of your chances.

To be fair to Brendan, i don't think Moses was on his radar, seemed like a lastminute.com to me due to his initial targets not getting sanctioned, as a loanee though its not such a problem for us, but we do need our owners to step up now.....if we want quality additions we are going to have to pay for them....

Arminius

FSG PR plant
bes said:
Reminds me next week we have Begovic.......... uhhhh
Nope - he broke his finger training on Christmas Day, Sorensen is their keeper for now, maybe Butland depending on form.

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
kopite1982 said:
Moses deserves a chance but no doubt he poor loan signing for you so far.

t34m43

kopite1982 said:
About Aspas I just want to say in my opinion he was the definition of a moneyball signing. He played well from a wide forward and striking position for poor team in a good league last season, scoring 12 goals. When you think about the price we paid for him then he could have been a real bargin if he had made the step up, very much in the mold of Coutinho and Sturridge. That being said, I agree more with your outlook, I would have preferred the Aspas, Alberto and Moses (loan fee) money to have gone on a player would have brought real quality to the squad (although I am not sure that was available to be honest).

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Dammit. Highlights blocked in NA. Anyone have a valid zipcode for it?