• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool 2 Oldham 0

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Seems like an OK performance, clearly they were going to defend well. Credit to Oldham, didn't collapse after going a goal down.

Shame Alberto didn't stay on, by the sounds of things it was more a tactical change him being subbed off rather than one because the lad wasn't any good like Moses.

Happy to get through, would've preferred another home tie in the next round though.

Herb

Semmy said:
Dammit. Highlights blocked in NA. Anyone have a valid zipcode for it?
Download the Hola extension for your browser. Allows you to use a VPN from other countries to view restricted content on websites like BBC, ITV, Youtube and Netflix.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Schadenfreude i/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is a loanword from German. The literal English translation is 'Harm-Joy'. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages.

Now off to Redcafe to laugh my ass off :)

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Pleased with the result, pleased for Aspas too, but not yet sure of him, needs more time,I think.

As fo Moses, gives a great impersonation of not wanting to be here, so why the fuck is he? seems he ought to be paying us to give him a start, the squad is thin but he's only keeping a kid out who at least will want to impress, send him back FFS.

Doesn't seem that Oldham made it easy, credit to them!

Can't get the highlights, bugger!!!

Maulkin

LittleFinger
Herb said:
Download the Hola extension for your browser. Allows you to use a VPN from other countries to view restricted content on websites like BBC, ITV, Youtube and Netflix.
Just tried, doesn't work with HOLA, because they ask to use the geolocation of the browser, andbecause they can't determine, they ask for a nearby postal code, and I don't have any idea of what to put.

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
SoueysTash said:
Seems like an OK performance, clearly they were going to defend well. Credit to Oldham, didn't collapse after going a goal down.

Shame Alberto didn't stay on, by the sounds of things it was more a tactical change him being subbed off rather than one because the lad wasn't any good like Moses.

Happy to get through, would've preferred another home tie in the next round though.
You won that all that matter. got decent draw vs bournmouth away. just got to avoid same repeat of oldham away last season

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
hugo the horrible said:
Pleased with the result, pleased for Aspas too, but not yet sure of him, needs more time,I think.

As fo Moses, gives a great impersonation of not wanting to be here, so why the fuck is he? seems he ought to be paying us to give him a start, the squad is thin but he's only keeping a kid out who at least will want to impress, send him back FFS.

Doesn't seem that Oldham made it easy, credit to them!

Can't get the highlights, bugger!!!
Thing with Aspas is he seems to want to succeed much like Borini for that I would give him a year, Moses I don't think cares and I would shuffle him out if possible.

Walter Sobchak

ptt said:
Schadenfreude i/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is a loanword from German. The literal English translation is 'Harm-Joy'. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages.

Now off to Redcafe to laugh my ass off :)
My favorite word! "Skadefryd" in Norwegian. After being at the receiving end of that the last (what?) 20 something years I'm happy to say that it now has established itself as a major component of my pub vocabulary.

Todays noun is "Bony" btw :)

redandwhite3

mattyhurst said:
Thing with Aspas is he seems to want to succeed much like Borini for that I would give him a year, Moses I don't think cares and I would shuffle him out if possible.
Moses deserve the rest of the season to see if he can improve but he not been great loaning for you lot. Aspas is talented but need to work on his first touch. good player though

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
redandwhite3 said:
Moses deserve the rest of the season to see if he can improve but he not been great loaning for you lot. Aspas is talented but need to work on his first touch. good player though
If all Moses is good for is a few ten minutes sub appearances when he's put on with nobody really expecting, or even hoping, that he'll produce anything decent then I'd rather he was sent packing.

If we're not going to get a good attacking player in January then I'd prefer a younger player who we own to get those few minutes at the end of games.

I think by now most of us have realised that if we see Moses's name in the starting line up we're likely to be left feeling short changed by the time he's inevitably subbed.

lovepool

redandwhite3 said:
Moses deserves nothing if he will not at least work hard. Arsenal kept players like Diaby Fabianski Bendtner and before Almunua Senderos and Gervinho even when they contribute nothing. This is why you win no trophies. Rodgers will not make similar mistakes

At least the fans are happy with some nice football you play and Champions League football. Maybe the Gooners are right winning isn't everything

LeoT

Just got back home (in London) after the match, ...long old train journey.

My biggest thoughts on the match were.
1. I'm amazed at Aspas' lack of physicality, however he scored a very well taken goal, and was unlucky to head onto the post.
he seems to be more of a 6-yd box poacher rather than a beat-your-man type striker. I still have some hope for him.

2. I was surprised that Alberto got taken off, he was doing OK.

3. Moses; poor movement, dribbles endlessly without end result, couldn't work out if he is half blind or very stupid, possibly sent by Chelsea to drag us down when ever possible. Very, very, very poor!!!

4. If we do sign another winger, its Moses that should fall out of the squad, deffo not Sterling.

redandwhite3

lovepool said:
Moses deserves nothing if he will not at least work hard. Arsenal kept players like Diaby Fabianski Bendtner and before Almunua Senderos and Gervinho even when they contribute nothing. This is why you win no trophies. Rodgers will not make similar mistakes

At least the fans are happy with some nice football you play and Champions League football. Maybe the Gooners are right winning isn't everything
Fair enough and if does not improve then he should be sold I think diaby, fabiansky and bentner not perfect but still deent players. Admit gervinho, almunia and senderos not great players but you can,t always get it right. We not won trophies but as a team with most point then any last year and top of league think the no trophly thing we change soon enough.

Anyway about liverpool. good win, great football and very talented young manager. fair play to you and decent peformance today. now got a week before trip to stoke away

Redragbull

LeoT said:
Just got back home (in London) after the match, ...long old train journey.

My biggest thoughts on the match were.
1. I'm amazed at Aspas' lack of physicality, however he scored a very well taken goal, and was unlucky to head onto the post.
he seems to be more of a 6-yd box poacher rather than a beat-your-man type striker. I still have some hope for him.

2. I was surprised that Alberto got taken off, he was doing OK.

3. Moses; poor movement, dribbles endlessly without end result, couldn't work out if he is half blind or very stupid, possibly sent by Chelsea to drag us down when ever possible. Very, very, very poor!!!

4. If we do sign another winger, its Moses that should fall out of the squad, deffo not Sterling.
Alberto took a heavy rap on the knee early on. He played well though, a class act, always looked to play people in, but unfortunately no one up top seemed to make any runs and were not on his superior wavelength. Moses still hasn't a clue. Thought we were toothless up until the goal. Thought their No8 was the best player on the pitch.

Hatch Lover

kopite1982 said:
Fair to say its the end of moses. Poor, lazy, lethargic & wotever else you want to say about him. Aspas was ok in the end i supose.still not for me.Alberto did ok aswell, but these type of players i just dont get. BR really needs to get these 1 or 2 january signings 100% spot on. We cant afford to buy any more "squad" players or ones for the "future"
Yes, we can't rely in young players anymore, they are unpredictable, I think we need 2 or 3 top experienced players if we want to play Champions League. IMO the most important signing should be a creative midfielder, a good one.

Canuck33

Banned Users
shankly96 said:
glad aspas fianlly scored, first of many hopefully, but not sure why moses was loaned, looks like being the same as sahin, had a couple of good games then became relatively useless
Sahin plays for one of the premier clubs in Europe as a regular starter. He didn't work out at LFC, because he never really got a chance. And you are comparing him to Moses? Madness all over. Face palm!

lovepool

Highlights were just on ITV. If you missed them them go to ITV+1 just after12

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
lovepool said:
Highlights were just on ITV. If you missed them them go to ITV+1 just after12
I wouldn't bother, they hardly showed anything from the first half which (from the highlights on their website) was mostly Sterling terrorising them. Fucking waste of time ITV

lovepool

SoueysTash said:
I wouldn't bother, they hardly showed anything from the first half which (from the highlights on their website) was mostly Sterling terrorising them. Fucking waste of time ITV
12 tom on LFCTV.

The worst this season was MOTD showing the West Ham game. We could have easily got double figues in that game yet they made the first half look like West Ham had the better of it!!!

OhYaBeauty

LeoT said:
3. Moses; poor movement, dribbles endlessly without end result, couldn't work out if he is half blind or very stupid, possibly sent by Chelsea to drag us down when ever possible. Very, very, very poor.
Thats the new loan system for you. You dont loan players so that they'll develop; you loan them so they'll take points off your rivals. Take us, we've pulled points off Newcastle (Borini and Assaidi) and Chelsea (Assaidi). Chelsea are really talented at that sort of loans. They've taken points off of us, Newcastle and Arsenal by sending that monster to Everton and they've probably taken a few points off of us by sending us Moses (in that if he didn't come to us we'd likely have gotten some other winger that would actually have picked us up some points late in games).

slufsar

lfc.eddie said:
Didn't Sterling assisted Aspas with a cross? Wouldn't that consider as creating something?
Touche, I guess. MY comment was merely a response to the general reaction that we dont have squad depth and cant create anything without Coutinho or Suarez.
May I also add that Coutinho had been subbed on right before the 1st goal

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Don't get any comparison between Moses and Sahin except they were both loans.

Moses is a total waste of space and should be sent back to Chelsea yesterday, clearly doesn't want to be here whereas Sahin was never given a real chance, being played out of position and for settling into the EPL,none of that applies to Moses.

Not sure of Alberto being dragged, he has to be given time and the lad shows a bit, unlike the other one who went off then.

fcukManU

still a dani pacheco stan
Thats the new loan system for you. You dont loan players so that they'll develop; you loan them so they'll take points off your rivals. Take us, we've pulled points off Newcastle (Borini and Assaidi) and Chelsea (Assaidi). Chelsea are really talented at that sort of loans. They've taken points off of us, Newcastle and Arsenal by sending that monster to Everton and they've probably taken a few points off of us by sending us Moses (in that if he didn't come to us we'd likely have gotten some other winger that would actually have picked us up some points late in games).
Let's not forget the shit their reserve players are doing in the Dutch league too. Damn you Chelsea.

OhYaBeauty

fcukManU said:
Let's not forget the shit their reserve players are doing in the Dutch league too. Damn you Chelsea.
I can see a Dutch fan being pissed at what Vitesse has done, if that's your meaning. The amount of points Piazon, van Aanholt, Atsu, and Kakuta have brought them this season is staggering.

Edit: if you take away the points the Chelsea lad's scored, you more or less cut Vitesse's points total in half and take them from tied for first to fourteenth (just outside the relegation zone in Holland), which doesn't completely make sense (since they'd have played other potential goalscorers) but it's still a massive showing.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Good win in a potential banana skin cup tie. These ties are never straight forward and the away tie in the next round will be more of the same. Just disappointed young Alberto didn't get the full 90 and a chance to impress. He needs a loan deal next year big time but the writings on the wall for another 7m odd pissed away. Hopefully not, I have a slight hope for him.

Oldham did well to contain a strong enough second string. Good to see Kelly get 90 mins and Aspas get a goal. He needs to chip in with goals from the bench when hes called upon so hopefully that will give him the confidence to do so.

Defensive worries for next game with Agger injured. Toure / Sktrel will do fine I reckon.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
POBox said:
Moses is in cloaking mode.
Moses played in that game? You're joking, I thought he was running the line.