I was at that game man, the first half was brutal. 4-1 flattered us big time. West Ham had a very decent chances in that first half then they stank the place out in the 2nd half.lovepool said:12 tom on LFCTV.
The worst this season was MOTD showing the West Ham game. We could have easily got double figues in that game yet they made the first half look like West Ham had the better of it!!!
Pretty accurate summary really.LeoT said:Just got back home (in London) after the match, ...long old train journey.
My biggest thoughts on the match were.
1. I'm amazed at Aspas' lack of physicality, however he scored a very well taken goal, and was unlucky to head onto the post.
he seems to be more of a 6-yd box poacher rather than a beat-your-man type striker. I still have some hope for him.
2. I was surprised that Alberto got taken off, he was doing OK.
3. Moses; poor movement, dribbles endlessly without end result, couldn't work out if he is half blind or very stupid, possibly sent by Chelsea to drag us down when ever possible. Very, very, very poor!!!
4. If we do sign another winger, its Moses that should fall out of the squad, deffo not Sterling.
This is absolutely disgusting.Lucas said:Hope the fella who got stabbed five times after the game recovers well, not something we want to see following a match anywhere.
After watching it, I don't think Alberto did that badly to get subbed out. He was very lively, stringing passes around the final 3rd, and a few good through balls over to Moses who squandered them. Had a couple of shots too, one went off a bit wide and the other was saved by the keeper. Aspas was mighty anonymous in the first half. Moses waste so much chances presented to him.Zoran said:
Totally agree, as some have said previously - his lack of pace when occupying forward positions really slows down our moves. If we were playing tappy-taka he'd be a perfect fit, as he's not he needs to be played deeper and I'm not sure he has the physique for it. A loan to a PL club would be good for him, Villa would be a good location for him.lfc.eddie said:After watching it, I don't think Alberto did that badly to get subbed out. He was very lively, stringing passes around the final 3rd, and a few good through balls over to Moses who squandered them. Had a couple of shots too, one went off a bit wide and the other was saved by the keeper. Aspas was mighty anonymous in the first half. Moses waste so much chances presented to him.
Seems the man stabbed may have something to hide.cw37 said:Not good. Probably nothing to do with football. Probably a random attack by a nutcase.
Sorry Henderson lacks a through ball. Did u watch the match he play some lovely through balls.No Men in the Box Redux said:Watched the extended highlights on LFC.tv and just a few things I noticed:
- Aspas and Sterling were responsible for both goals. For the second goal, Aspas showed good fitness to close down the opposition fullback high up in their half late in to the game before squaring the ball centrally for Sterling's shot.
- Henderson once again played well from a deeper position. He found players with precise through balls at least twice coming from his deeper position. Also found Kelly with a perfectly lofted pass that almost resulted in a Moses goal in the first half. I am very much of the belief that he is a far better player when he is played deep but is only being forced to play as an AM to compensate for our midfield's current imbalance.
- Cissokho got forward thrice in the first half to quite decent effect. Seems like he is playing with a bit more confidence now.
- Coutinho and Sterling's shooting both need a lot of work still. Sterling was lucky to have gotten that goal deflected in. And Coutinho blasted a gilt-edged chance INSIDE the box all the way to the stands.
- Alberto looked very good on the ball in those highlights. A very composed and silky footballer it seems. Would like to see him get more minutes in the future if possible. He has the incisive quality and composure for the CAM role that Henderson lacks.
I know. Get in. ITV as well. So i can watch it upstairs without having to declare to the rest of the household, The tv is booked for the Reds match.brightonpete said:Next round is the early game live on t.v so no need for internet crying and stamping of feet.