• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool 2 Sunderland 1

Poor Scouser Tommy

Sweet as a nut.
anglian_red said:
Well Arsenal's current form to date sees them on course for 77 points. Usually high 60s-low 70s has been enough for 4th spot in the last decade or so.
That's not true.

In their last 6 games, Arsenal have harvested only 8 of the 18 available points- or 44.44%. If one bases their final tally on their current form, they would end the season with 72 points.

Poor Scouser Tommy

Sweet as a nut.
BrennansRed said:
They'd both be on 30 odd each in the league if they had each others backs a bit more. So many times they've had the option of the other in a better position but didn't give it. Got away with it so far but its a little bit frustrating at times. Not nitpicking just want to see the both of them fully realise their potential's and help each other out. It's a tiny chink in the armour of the pair of them but it is one nonetheless.
I get the impression that you're a "glass is half-full" type of person?

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Poor Scouser Tommy said:
This is starting to look like it's all about me.

I'll get my coat... I know where the door is.
:lol: just phoned you a delta lad just got ring back then so it's ready for you.

Bobbinho

Just looking at the table & thinking what an unbelievable season its been so far, still can't quite get over the fact that we are just 1 point off the leaders with a better GD....

That result against Sunderland was far more important than the performance, the main frustration was that we could have done better....but when all's said & done it will be our points tally this season that will count most, we've proven how well we can play when on song, we don't have a big squad, our options are limited yet we're still right there in the mix with the big guns, this run in will be a huge test of certain players resolve & character & quite possibly one or two of them will be playing for their career's....

I just hope that they all play their part, re pay the fans by standing up when it counts & make us proud. If we get undone because we come up against opponents who simply outplay us & we've put our all into the game then fair enough, but if we are let down by a few players playing below form then i'll be hugely disappointed, we've come a long way this season, in many way's we are moving in the right direction now as a club, our support is more unified, the pre game build up to Sunderland was immense....it's been a long time since we've seen such scenes & such great football & great results...

& long may it continue.

BrennansRed

Poor Scouser Tommy said:
I get the impression that you're a "glass is half-full" type of person?
Usually :) dont like seeing wasted opportunities or potential is all. Were good but not on the cusp of greatness yet hope Rodgers talk of the collective seeps in.

Poor Scouser Tommy

Sweet as a nut.
BrennansRed said:
Usually :) dont like seeing wasted opportunities or potential is all. Were good but not on the cusp of greatness yet hope Rodgers talk of the collective seeps in.
Your contagion is almost infectious. ;)

If the talk seeps in were gonna be over the cusp for sure.