Post Match: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton (EPL 22/9/2018 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander Arnold

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Matip [GOAL 20’]

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Van Dijk [off 55’]

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 70’]

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Henderson

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Shaqiri [off 45’]

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

Votes: 18 11.9%
  • Firmino

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Mane

• Milner [on 45’]

• Gomez [on 55’]

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Keita [on 70’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Excellent day. A comfortable 3-0 win for us and the bastards at the Toilet only got a draw against Wolves. That puts us 8 points ahead of them already. 2pts ahead of City and top of the table until Chelsea play and they have to score more than 2 to jump to the top.

Red Ted

Job done, just had to turn up really, it does annoy a little bit when we coast large parts/all of the 2nd half when we've got it in the bag, goal difference could be a thing come the end of the season and it's just nice to smash teams.

Can't complain though, actually us not being 3/4 points clear after winning 6 from 6 is a bit shit.

YeGra

More important than Salahs goal, was his smile. You could tell he was enjoying his football. That's what matters.

Easy win. Routine. Killed it off by half time. We took it easy second half which is good as it allows us to reserve our energy for the tough games to come.

Watched the last 20 of that match. Well deserved point. Man Utd had Fellaini on the wing putting in crosses lol

As for us, as comfortable as it gets. Matip and Shaqiri coming in a continuing good team cohesion is pleasing. Salah scoring to get the papers off his back and a clean sheet

Now for a Brighton win to cap off a decent day

Werder4life

Walk in the park. The second was a bit flat I thought , looked like a fuel economy plan by Kloppo to get Shaq off , hopefully not due to injury.
A bit of a worry when Virgil got subbed , but Joe had it covered.
The missed opportunitys for Mo were like a running gag today. Fortunately he took it with a smile. He's going to be allright.

I give my Motm to Shaq today - loved his energy (and the freekick)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Job done, just had to turn up really, it does annoy a little bit when we coast large parts/all of the 2nd half when we've got it in the bag, goal difference could be a thing come the end of the season and it's just nice to smash teams.

Can't complain though, actually us not being 3/4 points clear after winning 6 from 6 is a bit shit.
Half agree from an entertainment point of view, but equally it's nice to see game management and seeing it out fully.

Klopptinho

Banned Users
Cruise control from the 10th minute..

Better from Salah, thought Shaqiri was excellent and desperately unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

Virgil injured. Damn. Let's hope he's back soon.

Gomez my MOTM. He's magic.

3 more points, we're an unstoppable force these days. Well done Redmen!
think Virgil suffered a bit of bruising perhaps . nothing too serious and he won't play in the league cup anyway - think that will be gomez and matip again . should be fine for chelsea next weekend .

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Brilliant first half from our lads. They opened up Southampton at will. Having four fast and technical players to watch was too much for that defence.

The second half was all about not wasting too much energy, keeping the game in check and making sure that nothing stupid arrived. Still not sure why Shaqiri was subbed off so early, as he was excellent and seemed to enjoy himself in that position. Hopefully not an injury, fingers crossed! VVD's withdrawal was probably more about not risking anything with him.

All in all a walk in the park for us, like I've not seen in decades seemingly. Long may that level of consistency continue. Yeah!!! :celebrating:

hoosierred

Better day for Salah. A few loose passes still, but he looks to be attacking with his head up and having fun with Bobby and Mane instead of pressing only to score.

Could have had a couple, but in the end he got a goal he didn’t really earn instead of the ones he deserved. Such is life and he will be glad to be on the score sheet.

SBYM

I'm just living the dream
Watched the last 20 of that match. Well deserved point. Man Utd had Fellaini on the wing putting in crosses lol

As for us, as comfortable as it gets. Matip and Shaqiri coming in a continuing good team cohesion is pleasing. Salah scoring to get the papers off his back and a clean sheet

Now for a Brighton win to cap off a decent day
With a Murray hat-trick please...

I forgot to do my fantasy team and am now in all sorts...

RodM

For once I haven't just defaulted to Milner for MOTM. In truth it should be my son for fixing up a stream on the telly but I'll go for Shaqiri for that first half showing.

I've heard of a game of two halves but that was a game of one half, really. 3 points in the bag and minimal effort expended after that. The only minus point was VVD going off injured. Hopefully it was nothing too serious.