• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

MOTM

• ALISSON Becker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathaniel CLYNE

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Dejan LOVREN

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VIRGIL Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew ROBERTSON

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • FABINHO

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Naby KEITA (Off 70)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sadio MANE - G (Off 84)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Roberto FIRMINO

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mo SALAH

• Xerdan SHAQIRI - 2G (On 70)

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Jordan HENDERSON (On 84)

• Total voters

koptician

We'll go again!
Speechless. Perfect. Just perfect. I was at home. More later when I have my voice back.

I love this place. I love its people.
I had no doubts you’d love it.

Every time I’m at Anfield and especially in the Kop I can’t finish singing YNWA without choking up and tears welling up. I can’t describe what an integral part of me Liverpool is.

The win and the manner of it was nothing more than we deserved. My local LFC whatsapp group we’re losing their rag over their equaliser. I said listen, Allison is human, it happens to DeGea, Oblak, Kepa, Neuer the lot of them. He bailed out his teammates against Napoli, now it’s his teammates turn to bail him out. That’s what a team is about. That’s what family is about. Our song is YNWA for goodness sake!

And sure as heck they did. And how!

Now the team has confidence that 99.9% of the time Allison has their back.

And Allison knows that that 0.1% things don’t go his way the team has his back and that will help him relax more and help him be a better player overall.

I’ve been banging on about shaqiri for years. YEARS! on our who would you buy thread. I knew this dude was special. As many of you have mentioned, he’s got that x-factor about him. Strong as an ox but with feet of a ballerina and a howitzer of a left foot. He is a huge difference maker this season and I feel he will only grow in influence. Like JK said, a no-brainer

C

Caradoc

I personally couldn't care less about this.

It's pretty clear now that this particular implosion is going to be Maureen's magnum opus and entertaining as feck.

Let's just fly under the Manchester radar (red and blue) for as long as possible.

Did I say I cared? :think:

LaurazRed

What a match, can't choose a motm, because I'd give it to at least 7 or 8 players. For me the midfield were dominant and I thought Fabinho had his best game in a red shirt. VVD made Lukaku look anonymous, Robbo, brilliant. Clyne looked as though he'd been playing all season. Mané what a goal.
Shaqiri what an impact he made, what a substitution made by Jürgen!

Lets keep riding this red wave folks.

Last edited:

FGred

Just wondering, was any of the ex players attending the match like Alan Hansen, Sir Kenny, Rushie etc?
I saw Sir Kenny on Telly sitting gloved up with his wife but if Alan or Rushie were there they usually sit next to him?

Last edited:

Wilkored08

LOL @ this

Very
Just got in from the game. Quick shower and change and off to the airport hotel. We're off on our hols at 06.30 in the morning. Sorry but I haven't got time to read all the preceding posts. I'm sure that they're all worth more than the one like that I can give them. No MOTM poll up so I'll go for every blooming one of them and also the crowd. @Alright Now, hope you had a fantastic day. What memories to take home with you. I'll hopefully log on whilst I'm away and catch up with the great site and posters that are TIA.

COYR YNWA

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Well, the match left me at a loss for words. Completely devoid. Nothing to say.
Just overwhelming happiness and joyful excitement,
ecstatic,
euphoric,
delirious,
elated,
fervent,
joyful,
joyous,
rapturous,
rhapsodic,
thrilled,
upbeat,
enraptured,
pleased as punch,
flying high,
on cloud nine,
in seventh heaven!

As I said, completely speechless. :rolleyes:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
What a morning! Top of the league, everyone clicking, Bayern in the CL, Shitcoat already spending his pay off, Red Cafe in meltdown and Duncan Castles making an absolute show of himself on twitter. Merry Christmas everyone!

FGred

And to think we did all that with very little input from one of the most prolific goal-scorers of the past 18 months.

Dearie me...
I watched the game again and Salah was marked by 2 players then 3 and sometimes 4 but he worked his socks off to pull them away and leave huge gaps for Mane and Bobby and he finished the game with a big smile on his face.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
What a morning! Top of the league, everyone clicking, Bayern in the CL, Shitcoat already spending his pay off, Red Cafe in meltdown and Duncan Castles making an absolute show of himself on twitter. Merry Christmas everyone!
I've all of a sudden rediscovered the Christmas Spirit!!!

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Last night it was 3 Brooklyn Lager cans and 1/3 of a bottle of 5 quid Spanish red.

Just the right amount for a nice dribbly sleep.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I'm wondering why Klopp named Camacho instead of Masterson on the bench. Probably because he was more concerned about Clynes fitness than the CB back up position.

C

Caradoc

To be honest once our front 3 fully click - I still don’t think they quite have yet - and Keita fully finds his form and consistency things are going to get better again - much better! Add in a hopefully fully fit and in form Ox and quite frankly it gets frightening (for the opposition that is!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
so so so very very very extremely happy ecstatic about the win yesterday. all our lads played very well. Allison tried hard to hold onto a wet ball on z greasy pitch...........shit happens. no blame on Allison at all.
played football, ran for each other, quick touch football (sometimes too quick maybe), didn't let the manager and the supporters down and many many more positives to say, but still a wee bit intoxicated after that, and it's been a good few hours since the game finished. the last statement was my take on every player from the game. so difficult to decide on MOTM, but went for Fab, although feel very guilty of not giving it to the other players.
made my week and it's still only Monday!
Total blame on Allison for their goal. The pitch had nothing to do with it as the ball was in the air not across the ground and truth is neither did a wet ball as Allison knocked the ball out with his knee I think.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I'm wondering why Klopp named Camacho instead of Masterson on the bench. Probably because he was more concerned about Clynes fitness than the CB back up position.
Why ask the question if you are answering it yourself?

C

Caradoc

No blame on Alisson for their goal. It was very unfortunate and one of those things that has happened to pretty much every goalkeeper at some point in their career. It doesn’t warrant blame, especially for a player who has so much credit in his goalkeeping bank account. It was an error that has nothing to do with his goalkeeping ability. The guy is a world class keeper. We move on!

LFCFFC

Just had the pleasure of watching the replay, it's a fantastic way to cure Monday-itis.

We're a damn good football side, in case no one has noticed.

Medjool

I was proud of the lads after the Napoli game but now ....... Top of the league, unbeaten and humiliated an arch enemy, well done red men.

Flobs

FADA
No blame on Alisson for their goal. It was very unfortunate and one of those things that has happened to pretty much every goalkeeper at some point in their career. It doesn’t warrant blame, especially for a player who has so much credit in his goalkeeping bank account. It was an error that has nothing to do with his goalkeeping ability. The guy is a world class keeper. We move on!
I blame it on lovren's knee thatBecker had glued to his leg for a laugh two seconds before the action. lol

RedForever2014

Superb performance yesterday - the initial half hour, holding steady after the set back of their goal and then going again in the second half.

Alisson made a mistake that happens, slippery ball. He's done way more good than his one or two mistakes, and his mistakes have not cost us results.

A truly top class keeper, a huge improvement on what we had, a player I love already.

Lovren's performance shows we've top quality depth in that position, the only issue is their injury prone nature.

Robertson the marauding left back we all love. The best we've had since Alan Kennedy.

Delighted for Clyne, if he can sustain that he's a viable rotation option with TAA, could cover left back and would make a half decent emergency right sided centre back.

Fabinho really settling now, another player of the type we've missed the past five years or more. Gini a Rolls Royce when he turns it on (though still goes missing away from home sometime). Milner and Hendo superb rotation options for those positions too.

Great to see Bobby, Mo and Mane all getting there, with Keita and Shaqiri between them now contributing nearer to the Oxlade/Coutinho level.

For me we really just need to clear out the forwards who aren't much use that often (Sturridge, Solanke and Origi), plus Lallana as he offers nothing really in comparison to Keita and Shaqiri.

Replace them with the returning Oxlade, a youngster (Wilson) and a couple of quality signings to add City level depth.

C

Caradoc

I don't think Alisson was unfortunate, it was a genuine mistake. If he brings an easy ball down onto his knee that's his own fault.

Still easily one of the best keepers around mind.