• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

MOTM

• ALISSON Becker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathaniel CLYNE

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Dejan LOVREN

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VIRGIL Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew ROBERTSON

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • FABINHO

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Naby KEITA (Off 70)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sadio MANE - G (Off 84)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Roberto FIRMINO

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mo SALAH

• Xerdan SHAQIRI - 2G (On 70)

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Jordan HENDERSON (On 84)

• Total voters

jaffod

There's a downside to his sacking in that they might just turn things around with a proper manager but I'm just hoping he fucks off now and never darkens our shores again. He's quite simply the most miserable, boring man in football and I don't see how anyone could want him anywhere near their club.
Or maybe he'll take something at a lesser club one day and build it up on a limited budget and show us what a fantastic manager he is but I wont be holding my breath.

jaffod

Is there any way we can pin some of the blame on Henderson and Moreno too?

Just having a laugh at the expense of a couple of others who get the blame for stuff, and while others might have done better to stop the phase of play from developing, that has to go down as Alisson's error.

Usual caveats apply though. He's a suave, handsome fella, and already massively in credit based on his short time so far at Liverpool. There's a strong case to be made for him being the best in the world, and at the worst, he's in the conversation. We're all made up we've got him. But he still mishandled it and brought it down onto his knee, and it popped out to that rat Lingard, who spawned it in.

The best team still won comfortably though.
Allison is now responsible for almost 30% of the goals we've conceded in the PL this season. Not good enough, need to upgrade in January....

Red over the water

Ex pros of a certain vintage can be a bit cruel sometimes, at least to the modern ear. It reminds me of how I grew up, and I’ve no problem with it, but it can come across as a bit harsh.

Lee Dixon was doing the commentary over here on the Liverpool v Man Utd game and after Alison’s mistake the camera panned to Mignolet and Arlo White asked Dixon a question, and he responded, “He’ll have to do about another five of those before they give him a game.”

Last edited:

Red Eyes

Some words of advice from Wiki, for the new incoming manager:

Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means to continue a particular endeavour is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
2015. Chelski lose 3 - 1 to Liverpool

2018 manure lose 3 - 1 to Liverpool

end result the manager gets sacked, guess who ? (sorry no prizes)

Pardew, Fat Sam, Pulis, Neville, Hodgson have sent in their resumes................I really, really hope, and Hodgson gets the job with Fat Sam as his numero 2

Mamadou.sakho

There's a downside to his sacking in that they might just turn things around with a proper manager but I'm just hoping he fucks off now and never darkens our shores again. He's quite simply the most miserable, boring man in football and I don't see how anyone could want him anywhere near their club.
Or maybe he'll take something at a lesser club one day and build it up on a limited budget and show us what a fantastic manager he is but I wont be holding my breath.
They'll fuck up, absolutely
as long as they set their standard like Fergie's era
How many managers they already had? 3 high calibre manager in 5 years
they'll drown for sure

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
It’s a funny old world isn’t it? Every week, the press, TV pundits and Talksport are totally over the top, to the point of gushing, with their praise of City and Guardiola, but yet hyper critical of Liverpool and JK. Tonight, which team is 4 points clear at the top? Not Citeh and Saint Guardiola!