• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

MOTM

• ALISSON Becker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathaniel CLYNE

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Dejan LOVREN

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VIRGIL Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew ROBERTSON

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • FABINHO

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Naby KEITA (Off 70)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sadio MANE - G (Off 84)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Roberto FIRMINO

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mo SALAH

• Xerdan SHAQIRI - 2G (On 70)

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Jordan HENDERSON (On 84)

• Total voters

sms1986

Liverpool's biggest Premier League win over United - the stats
  • Liverpool are now 19 points ahead of United - their biggest ever lead over them after the first 17 games of an English top-flight season (based on relevant points for a win rules).
  • Liverpool have recorded their biggest Premier League victory over Manchester United at Anfield since also winning 3-1 in March 2011.
  • Manchester United have now conceded 29 goals in the Premier League this season, one more than they did in the entirety of the 2017-18 campaign and the most goals they've conceded at this stage of a top-flight campaign since 1962-63.
  • Liverpool recorded 36 shots against Manchester United - the most the Red Devils have faced in a Premier League match since Opta started recording shot data in 2003-04.
  • Manchester United have picked up 26 points after their first 17 Premier League games, their worst points haul in the top-flight at this stage since 1990-91 (also 26 points).
  • Xherdan Shaqiri has become just the second Liverpool player to score at least two goals in their first ever match against Manchester United for the Reds, and the first since Nigel Clough did so back in January 1994.
  • Liverpool's Alisson has made as many errors leading to goals in the Premier League this season as Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius combined in 2017-18 (2).

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Stonking result today after a pulsating performance by our magnificent reds. Bossed the game from start to finish, bar their flukey goal, and came away with the spoils. Man U came to defend and they couldn't even do that effectively. Their attack was limp at best. I love Shaqiri; what a bargain! Could turn out to be our player of the season. A real pocket dynamo with awesome skills. Mane's goal was pure quality - pinpoint cross, lovely cushion with the chest and bang into the net. Nice balance to the team today and the pressing game put Utd under pressure. It'll be lonely this Xmas, but at Old Trafford and not Anfield.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I'm surprised people are surprised by Clynes performance. Other that maybe lacking match fitness he played as he always did before injury took him out and TAA developed. He's a very solid fullback, better defensively that in the attacking third maybe but still a fantastic option to have in reserve.
We would have no problem getting a good fee for him if we decided to sell and with Trent and Gomez injured that would be madness IMO.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Ok so we have humilitated United, we are top of the league and playing best football I have seen in forty years of being a supporter. Can we please now all agree that a Klopp knows what is doing, the team are brilliant and just enjoy the season.
There will be times when the wheels come off, we lose to stupid mistakes and we will all get frustrated but when that defeat finally happens the first person who says “I’ve lost faith in Jurgen” should be made to watch today’s game on a 24 hour loop until they recant.

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Ok so we have humilitated United, we are top of the league and playing best football I have seen in forty years of being a supporter. Can we please now all agree that a Klopp knows what is doing, the team are brilliant and just enjoy the season.
There will be times when the wheels come off, we lose to stupid mistakes and we will all get frustrated but when that defeat finally happens the first person who says “I’ve lost faith in Jurgen” should be made to watch today’s game on a 24 hour loop until they recant.
I was the spine wot done it.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Cheeks are hurting from smiling - even though my in laws are staying with us, and spent the entire match asking me ridiculous questions like "what does that yellow card mean?"

Only tiny bit of criticism I have is for Keita, who seemingly tried to force a performance from himself a bit too much at times in the first half. Other than that? Fucking brilliant. Yeah, Alisson with a bobble - it happens. Admittedly had Migs or Karius done that, the knives would be out, but heroics in midweek against Napoli buys him goodwill.

Fabinho was tremendous, and getting better every match. MOTM for me.

Massive shout to Clyne, who was back in the side from out of nowhere, and played excellently.

Made my day, this did. Off to take the little one to see Santa now. Ooh wait, before I do...

the ManU fanbase appears to have had enough. Live lookins on RedCafe welcome.
I'll be your huckleberry...

I think this is my lowest ebb as a United fan, we are absolutely fecking gash
The embarrassment is not the performance. The embarrassment is not even the scoreline. The embarrassment is that the board will not sack him
When you can get into those kind of positions with regularity and attack the ball with skill and confidence those kind of things go for you. We can bemoan their luck all we want but they've played us off the fecking park and the scoreline flatters us.
If you defend Mou after this game you are Arsenal Tv levels of delusional
The gulf in quality is staggering. We've ridden our luck all match and even with luck we're getting battered
Mourinho out. Feck the feck off you coward fecker. This is it for me.
Leaving Pogba on the bench for the whole match with Matic and Fellaini as a 2? He’s just taking the piss
Pathetic turned it off....there was a game to be won today and If we had a competent manager at all we would have won
Remember when everyone on here said no to signing Shaqiri for £14m? Absolutely no risk, no brainier signing but of course we would pass it up.
The useless Portugese twat shouldn't even make it back to the dressing room as United manager.
of all the players we have been linked with and not secured.. mane is the one I wanted most
I honestly don’t think I can watch this team until Mourinho is sacked, we’re as bad if not worse than Van Gaal’s low point. There’s nothing to enjoy
Liverpool spent £13m on Shaqiri. We spent £52m on Fred. Let that sink in.
Watch Mourinho talk about how lucky their 2nd & 3rd goals were. Completely ignore how HIS team has been completely outplayed, again. Is there seriously anyone on here that doesn't want this clown out?
Liverpool have had more shots this game than United have points in the league.

The whole forum is going down in flames, like their club. It's fucking delicious.

Flobs

FADA
Klopp out! :J

Edin

As alwyas I die a little every weekend. Being a Liverpool supporter takes a toll.

Fabinho aboslut great today. So nice to see our new players coming in and being a part of the 18/19 champions.

And I would not change Mr. Becker for any other keeper. He is just great! One mistake, but all the rest was just enormous!