• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

MOTM

• ALISSON Becker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathaniel CLYNE

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Dejan LOVREN

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VIRGIL Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew ROBERTSON

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • FABINHO

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Naby KEITA (Off 70)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sadio MANE - G (Off 84)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Roberto FIRMINO

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mo SALAH

• Xerdan SHAQIRI - 2G (On 70)

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Jordan HENDERSON (On 84)

• Total voters

mikodelniko13

We were miles ahead , relatively speaking manure is the most expensive negative team in the history of the premier league . We controlled the game attacked relentlessly probably we were bit lacking in the final 3rd. I thought clyne had a very good game, fabinhou was fabiulas and mane was on fire today.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Wow!!! Missed the game today, come back and see this. Not only we beat them 3-1, but we give them a spanking in terms of performance. Can't wait to see the highlights of this game!

:celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
I haven’t read a single post of this post game thread yet, wanted to post first before I spend the next 30 minutes studying each and every word written. I was very happy with the lineup and felt it was attacking enough to take the game to them.

I unfortunately had to drive around for 70 of the 90 minutes. It is frustrating to listening to tv commentary as they are not as detailed as radio commentators. I was lucky enough to hear every goal, and then see the replay. Awesome! I was at a traffic light for our second goal, screaming, and not caring who was looking at me.

At the 70 minute mark I was getting concerned, it was looking like one of those games we deserve to win, yet just couldn’t turn our domination into a goal. Boom, Shaqiri, two goals, and for me not quite mom. I was extremely satisfied that the last two goals were deflected, it just feels so much better for us, and more agonizing for them, it was a super, amazing, happy moment, that the second goal deflected off Young, it just feels so much better.

Not sure how the mom voting is going, but for me it has to be Fabinho. He controlled that midfield, and what a game to deliver your best performance of the season.

PS: Had to change my vote, voted for Roberto FABINHO, I assume that should be Firmino. I am sure this has already been mentioned somewhere?

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
An outstanding team performance in and of itself
But you have to I think look at this performance after Wednesday's - to keep the intensity that high and get those back to back results - what a testament to what Klopp and his team have accomplished
I gave MOTM to Fabinho -
Considering all of the worries about our defensive injuries before the match - that performance by the back 4 was tremendous
And special shout out to Clyne - I don't know what the story is with his future status with the club - but to have that uncertainty and then have his first start of the season in this match and to deliver that performance today - god bless him

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
An utter dickhead who claims to be an lfc fan called #jesperrific on Twitter has posted a picture of Shaqiri photoshopped with the wreckage of the Munich plane crash. Not going to dignify it by pasting it here but if like me you think this is completely out of order then feel free to visit his twitter page and tell him that this is not how decent lfc fans behave.

Noo Noo

For £13m you could buy Lukaku’s left buttock, or Pogba’s right leg from the knee down.

Alternatively you could buy Shaquiri and wear a massive smile on your face.

What a bargain!
Not anymore since he's put 2 stone on.

United's position is laughable given that every concern about Mourinho's appointment and Lukaku's signing has come to bear. Quite possible Pogba too. Its also worth reading back their comments on Shaqiri.

I will concede that there were plenty of concerns on here about that one too. Fai play to him for proving everyone wrong.

Massive grin o my face after hearing Mourinho's post match press conference and his comments on Robertson.

RedLar

An utter dickhead who claims to be an lfc fan called #jesperrific on Twitter has posted a picture of Shaqiri photoshopped with the wreckage of the Munich plane crash. Not going to dignify it by pasting it here but if like me you think this is completely out of order then feel free to visit his twitter page and tell him that this is not how decent lfc fans behave.
Perhap better to ignore than to give it time of day.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Delicious performance. Probably the best Anfield crowd I've heard since Ive supported LFC.

For me (no), Bobby was head and shoulders above everyone else today. It really was vintage Firmino. You could swap his performance in with any games from the tail end of last season and it would hold its own. Really happy for him. And not a better team to do it against.

I'm off to watch every post-match interview there is.:well done:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Perhap better to ignore than to give it time of day.
Yeah I see your point but if fellow LFC fans let this sort of thing slide then people like him thinks it’s funny/legitimate. I hate the mancs as much as anyone but some things are beyond the pale and I think we should point this out.

Zico Nealy

So chuffed right now. A statement win. So happy with everyone who played. I was surprised Hendo didn’t start but that was a midfield masterclass from the three. Great to see Clyne tough ing out a game like that. So happy for the Shaq, what a bargain. Looked at the stats from 87 88 and it’s amazing. Same time of season we would be three points clear of that wonderful team...and they would be third!

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Great performance and result but wow how bad are United, was like playing a bottom 3 team. They where never in the game. Probably the worst display from a United team at Anfield I can ever remember.

Great effort from the whole team though, really took it too them from the first minute of the game and they couldn't live with us.

Really a massive result given how much we have struggled to get 3 points against them in recent times but they are miles from our level and the performance and result tell the story. Imagine that would have given everyone in the playing group a massive lift and hopefully we can keep it going against Wolves and put a bit of pressure on City to get their result.

StevieJayUSA

Just home after an amazing day watching us completely dominate from start to finish. So many outstanding performances, Fabs and Shaq easily to mind, as well as Clyne putting in 90+, but must give a shout out to one I’ve not seen mentioned here. Lovren, coming off a knock, was massive. Obvious the scum looked to attack he and Clyne all day, and Degsy had Clynes back all day. Making a statement after taking hell for Lukaku drumming him last time out. Stood up like a champion, and he and Virgil shut EVERYTHING down.

Absolutely buzzing, as my other football team won as well (NFL), and I’ll be absolutely no good to the wife, or anyone else for that matter, rest of the evening. I will go to bed with a stupid grin on my face though!

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
@bazza66

hahahahaha...nice work.

Breaks my heart that Rachel is a stinky Utd fan.
It is possible to sex the Man Utd out of someone, just saying. I didn’t want to use the F word, as someone would translate the Man Utd to mean shit, then I would be warned or banned for inadvertently saying F the shit out of someone, which is not what I am suggesting. I am just saying that with enough special love, anyone can be cured from the affliction of supporting Man Utd, after all, it’s a curable virus.

Flobs

FADA
Ha ha. You joke but somebody on here will be the first to forget about today and say it one day. Somebody maybe someday a few weeks or months from now but it will happen.
Nothing to get up tight about. Klopps position looks secure and the players are responding well most of the time. Easy to say he shouldn't be criticised after a match like that however after our previous match agaist scum I was fuming as we didn't show up. When a team doesn't show up like that time the manager should be questioned.

I was hounded not so long ago by 'idiots' on this Klopp out thing. I hadn't a clue what they were on about but each time I mentionned Klopp I got 'Klopp out!' replies. Now it's my turn. :)

Klopp out!

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
It seems that very player Jose has bought are the ones under performing and central to their demise,the ones that have sometimes rescued a result for him were already there so he's made them no better with all he's spent,i bet you he gets another £100m for some CB in January which will help Lukaku and Pogba start scoring.:)

Flobs

FADA
Hate to say, he was operating more of a LW than a midfielder in that 4-2-3-1. Somewhat tucked similar in position to what Phil used to do but he hasn't got the swing of it yet, how to take up good shooting positions where it drags a defender out to challenge and exploit space behind. If he can figure that bit out, and link up with Salah/Bobby they will rip apart some back lines in the second half of the season.

Similar to how Shaq operated when he came on, Mane got shifted to LW when the change was made?
His defending was very similar to Coutinho's. :J

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
So chuffed right now. A statement win. So happy with everyone who played. I was surprised Hendo didn’t start but that was a midfield masterclass from the three. Great to see Clyne tough ing out a game like that. So happy for the Shaq, what a bargain. Looked at the stats from 87 88 and it’s amazing. Same time of season we would be three points clear of that wonderful team...and they would be third!
Not to be overly critical of our captain, but that's why we had a midfield masterclass.

C

Caradoc

Don’t give a shit about United.

My standout performers today:

- Alisson for not letting one potentially costly mistake affect his overall performance which was excellent

- Robertson for running his bollox off and putting United’s right flank under constant pressure

- Wijnaldum for another astonishing performance after a sublime performance and running himself to a standstill in midweek

- Clyne for answering the last minute call and barely putting a foot wrong for the entire match

- Mane for the brilliant finish for his goal

- Shaqiri for his 2 goals

- Fabinho for his world class performance

- the entire team for making Manchester United look absolutely shit!

Barnestormer

Left wing.
So so many match winning performances today, Virgil had Lukaku in his pocket, Robbo ruled the left-wing, Gini and Fab owned the middle of the park, Firmino was back to his harassing best, Mane broke Manure down twice, but you cannot but notice the stand out performer, the piece we've been missing for years and years, Fabinho. What a show that was today; Jordan has a job on getting his anchor place back now. Well, he cant really, he doesnt have as much as that in his locker. Deft, quick eyed, fast feet, brutal or subtle as required, Klopp brought in some gold in the summer with this lad.

Clyne also did us proud, looks to have shed quite some weight, and has probably surprised a few by that today.

Allison had very little to do but gets mention for the howler? They say mistakes are embryonic of an earlier mistake, having had the benefit of watching this play again, go see Lovren lose Lukaku to allow the cross to be whipped in from behind. Yes Allison should have held it but Lovren was ball watching [yet again].

And Shaq flukes two HA ha, the Gods must be smiling on LFC, I mean we really struggled with this season up until Bournemouth, but we are here now. The turning point was Origi nicking the win against the Bitters. It doesnt half turn on a narrow edge.

@Zinedine Biscan yep I didnt fancy chubby little Shaq either, nor Mane if we must hold our hands up. Goes to show most of what we write on here is nowt but chatter :well done: but sometimes its a great place to be !!!!!

Shout out to @lfc.eddie for a sick post count lol

We go again, dont say it................just fkcing don't alright.

A believer.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
You know, I don't really accept the characterization of Shaqiri's deflected goals as lucky. They were both hard shots on target, and the deflections came from attempts to block. Hard to say if they would have been saved but for the deflections, nonetheless they were headed to goal and a defender tried but failed to play them.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Don’t give a shit about United.

My standout performers today:

- Alisson for not letting one potentially costly mistake affect his overall performance which was excellent

- Robertson for running his bollox off and putting United’s right flank under constant pressure

- Wijnaldum for another astonishing performance after a sublime performance and running himself to a standstill in midweek

- Clyne for answering the last minute call and barely putting a foot wrong for the entire match

- Mane for the brilliant finish for his goal

- Shaqiri for his 2 goals

- Fabinho for his world class performance

- the entire team for making Manchester United look absolutely shit!
cant disagree with what you write,
however, I would add to your list of standout performers...

- the home crowd, I thought they where brilliant today, a wall of noise throughout