• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

MOTM

• ALISSON Becker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathaniel CLYNE

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Dejan LOVREN

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VIRGIL Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew ROBERTSON

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • FABINHO

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Naby KEITA (Off 70)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sadio MANE - G (Off 84)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Roberto FIRMINO

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mo SALAH

• Xerdan SHAQIRI - 2G (On 70)

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Jordan HENDERSON (On 84)

• Total voters

ptt

2020, head of the table.
You know, I don't really accept the characterization of Shaqiri's deflected goals as lucky. They were both hard shots on target, and the deflections came from attempts to block. Hard to say if they would have been saved but for the deflections, nonetheless they were headed to goal and a defender tried but failed to play them.
Meanwhile in other news, if you don’t shoot, you don’t score.

redaderry

Still buzzing after that :celebrating:. Beating the Mancs is always very enjoyable, silence from a few in work all week will be bliss. All i have to do is smile politely at them as we pass each other :).

We really are coming together as a complete unit now. We have strong options all over the pitch.

Show me the Mane

United are a poor outfit, they have the players but Mourhino has deflated the lot of them
We still had to win the game though and it's another confidence booster, the longer the unbeaten run the harder it will be for us to crack. I hope we can get to the City game still unbeaten and still ahead of them

Robertson's header at the back post with Fellaini bearing down was world class, the ball didn't even go out for a corner.
I've nicknamed him Road Runner as when he sets off, no-one is catching him
Clyne was very good considering his time out
The new signings are all contributing to what was already a very good side. Keita still has more to come and with Klopp pulling the strings he will get there.
Remember pre season someone put up a video of some United bloke gloating that Fred was better than Fabinho...:think:

Alright Now

Just checked into my hotel in London. I’m exhausted, sans voice, and yet so content. @Red_Jedi texted me a little while ago asking if the experience lived up to all the folklores about Anfield.

It did. Easily.

I sat in section 208 of the Kop surrounded by the most passionate fans I have met. I made it to my seat at about 320 pm and flags were making their way through the Kop. I had goosebumps seeing the same flags I always see on tv. The color and pomp of the spectacle is something to behold. And then the voice of the Kop rises in thunderous unison welcoming the team and convincing Manc fans they are full of ****. Suddenly, YNWA reverberates through the stadium. I was caught between closing my eyes and then opening them to not miss the scenes and then closing them and then opening them. I’ll never forget it. It’s seared in my heart now.

I thought we outclassed the Mancs from the beginning, which added to the spirit of The Fields of Anfield Road and Liverpool We Love You. I was particularly happy to hear the Kop sing The Fields of Anfield Road several times as I think it is our most unique song. I had two young Danes sitting next to me who were an absolute delight and knew every song as well. I will admit that I pride myself on knowing Poor Scouser Tommy, but shamefully, I couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Kop’s singing. I’ll work on it.

Between all the singing, there was complete confidence in the Kop. Or at least strong evidence that strength is unity, and I never felt we’d lose. That’s quite different from my normal terrifying lonely viewing from my couch! The Kop erupted after Mane’s goal. It’s briliiant watching the leaping and the hugging between friends, families, and strangers. While the Mancs’ fluky goal then came out of nowhere, the Kop only took a second to recover and roared in song right away. Right there, you know you are in a special place as a fan and player and there will always be this faith to lift you.

The second half was perfect. Of course, I personally enjoyed Bobby’s movement and touches today. Thought he was brilliant. The Kop sang repeatedly in appreciation of Robo, Bobby, and Shaqiri, with Xherdan rapidly ascending to cult hero status. I could not believe how quickly time flew in that second half. I could not see the scoreboard from where I sat, and I could have sworn there were 7 minutes remaining when time ran out.

I wish it hadn’t. I could have sat there forever and smiled and sang. My ears are still ringing. My eyes are still seeing the colors of Anfield dance. I loved my time at the stadium. I loved my time in the city. The people were so welcoming, with everyone willing to talk football and share stories and give advice. I’m so thankful to them. I’m also thankful to TIA for having created this community of Reds fans. @Maria and @Red_Jedi went out of their way to spend time with me and answer questions that I’m sure they found silly. @ILLOK, @Commando, @7th Earl and @theres always tommorrow: thank you for your advice as well. I’m sorry we couldn’t meet, but we will. There’s just no way I’m not returning. I’m hooked.

YNWA

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on Sky Sports: "They are the strong team, but it's hard to concede two goals in the moment we conceded and the way the goals happened.
"Our difficult moment was the first 20 minutes. We couldn't cope with their fantastic intensity and pressing, but then we were quite calm and it was controlled.
"They became really frustrated when their centre-backs came forwards and fired shots into the stands - that was the period when it was more in control.
"There were two easy goals for Shaqiri and because of the deflections there was no chance.
"If you speak about fortunate you speak about their second and third goals."
This guy is such a tool

mmeck_lfc

We are really starting to groove after what I thought was a somewhat messy start to the season in terms of our attack. The boys seem to really be clicking now and I think Fabinho is a great reason why.

Mane was a phenom today. Great run/touch on the first goal and then of course the great move inside the box leading to the second. Picking up Alisson after Alisson picked him up last match. Football is beautiful.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Just checked into my hotel in London. I’m exhausted, sans voice, and yet so content. @Red_Jedi texted me a little while ago asking if the experience lived up to all the folklores about Anfield.

It did. Easily.

I sat in section 208 of the Kop surrounded by the most passionate fans I have met. I made it to my seat at about 320 pm and flags were making their way through the Kop. I had goosebumps seeing the same flags I always see on tv. The color and pomp of the spectacle is something to behold. And then the voice of the Kop rises in thunderous unison welcoming the team and convincing Manc fans they are full of ****. Suddenly, YNWA reverberates through the stadium. I was caught between closing my eyes and then opening them to not miss the scenes and then closing them and then opening them. I’ll never forget it. It’s seared in my heart now.

I thought we outclassed the Mancs from the beginning, which added to the spirit of The Fields of Anfield Road and Liverpool We Love You. I was particularly happy to hear the Kop sing The Fields of Anfield Road several times as I think it is our most unique song. I had two young Danes sitting next to me who were an absolute delight and knew every song as well. I will admit that I pride myself on knowing Poor Scouser Tommy, but shamefully, I couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Kop’s singing. I’ll work on it.

Between all the singing, there was complete confidence in the Kop. Or at least strong evidence that strength is unity, and I never felt we’d lose. That’s quite different from my normal terrifying lonely viewing from my couch! The Kop erupted after Mane’s goal. It’s briliiant watching the leaping and the hugging between friends, families, and strangers. While the Mancs’ fluky goal then came out of nowhere, the Kop only took a second to recover and roared in song right away. Right there, you know you are in a special place as a fan and player and there will always be this faith to lift you.

The second half was perfect. Of course, I personally enjoyed Bobby’s movement and touches today. Thought he was brilliant. The Kop sang repeatedly in appreciation of Robo, Bobby, and Shaqiri, with Xherdan rapidly ascending to cult hero status. I could not believe how quickly time flew in that second half. I could not see the scoreboard from where I sat, and I could have sworn there were 7 minutes remaining when time ran out.

I wish it hadn’t. I could have sat there forever and smiled and sang. My ears are still ringing. My eyes are still seeing the colors of Anfield dance. I loved my time at the stadium. I loved my time in the city. The people were so welcoming, with everyone willing to talk football and share stories and give advice. I’m so thankful to them. I’m also thankful to TIA for having created this community of Reds fans. @Maria and @Red_Jedi went out of their way to spend time with me and answer questions that I’m sure they found silly. @ILLOK, @Commando, @7th Earl and @theres always tommorrow: thank you for your advice as well. I’m sorry we couldn’t meet, but we will. There’s just no way I’m not returning. I’m hooked.

YNWA
Usually the highlight of my Christmas is getting everyone out of the house - opening a double bock and watching the 1938 A Christmas Carol - makes me cry every time with happiness (
In future I'm going to open the double bock, then read this post by @ Alright Now again, then watch the movie
@Alright Now I'm really really happy you had this experience - Anfield, vs Man U - and the win....brilliant
and what makes it the best is meeting all the great TIA community
Warms my heart

FGred

An utter dickhead who claims to be an lfc fan called #jesperrific on Twitter has posted a picture of Shaqiri photoshopped with the wreckage of the Munich plane crash. Not going to dignify it by pasting it here but if like me you think this is completely out of order then feel free to visit his twitter page and tell him that this is not how decent lfc fans behave.
Has it occurred to you that he might be a manure fan trying to discredit our supporters and spoil our joy at todays win

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
You know, I don't really accept the characterization of Shaqiri's deflected goals as lucky. They were both hard shots on target, and the deflections came from attempts to block. Hard to say if they would have been saved but for the deflections, nonetheless they were headed to goal and a defender tried but failed to play them.
The 2nd one would have been saved I'm sure as the deflection took it up and away from the keeper.
First one though is a tough one . it was going low to the bottom corner and might easily have beaten him