• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Man of the Match

• Total voters

Alright Now

Please remind me again guys and gals. I have thinking and brain lapses now and again.

If we find it difficult to win when Bobby is not in the team, how come we won 4-0 when Bobby (and Mo) were not in the team against a Barcelona team with Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Pique etc in it ?

Or is it when we are in Champions League competition, our team trains differently and have a different way approaching European teams?
Because Gini gets upset

Redsi73

Please remind me again guys and gals. I have thinking and brain lapses now and again.

If we find it difficult to win when Bobby is not in the team, how come we won 4-0 when Bobby (and Mo) were not in the team against a Barcelona team with Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Pique etc in it ?

Or is it when we are in Champions League competition, our team trains differently and have a different way approaching European teams?
Because we are LIVERPOOL (y)

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Jonjo Shelvey looked like he isn’t enjoying Football under Steve Bruce. Never saw him like that.

Alright Now

:eek: :LOL: :LOL: Where did you find these songs? Are they from the 1960s films? I quite like them. They are abit avante garde and quite different to the music in the usual bollywood songs.

It is definitely growing on me:). I will be playing in all week now!!:oops::D

@Alright Now, @Red_Jedi and @indianscouser , you gotta listen to this. Its quite funky!!
They were great. I will play these at @indianscouser ’s wedding if anyone ever agrees to marry him.

-The Analyst-

Anyone at the game see the banner being flown across - “Jurgen beermunch” I think?

What’s that about?
Im not certain, but i would think it refers to the recent interview Klopp did where he spoke about - among other things - a "hangover-esque tale of the morning after his night of celebrations for winning the Bundesliga"

Cant handle alcohol! Hence the "Jurgen beermuch"

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
"It was a record-breaking day for Mane as became the first player in Premier League history to play 50 games at home without losing a single match"

That's some record Sadio.....
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it's not true.

Edit: Drogba had 80 games played with no losses at home between August 2004 and February 2010.

Last edited:

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it's not true.

Edit: Drogba had 80 games played with no losses at home between August 2004 and February 2010.
I think it is reference to league games. My understanding is that Mane was on 49 LFC and 1 SOT so today broke the record for a single club.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If thats not clear and obvious, then there will be no VAR reruns and penalties given!
Yeah that is utter nonsense in my view. I have to say I've generally been fine with it so far in the PL but that is wrestling move in the box.

Peter Walton might be clear in his mind but it isn't obvious to anyone.

Anyhow now I've seen it we looked pretty decent and follows on from 2 good performances.

We've matched what we did last year in the first 5 yet if I'm totally honest our performances have been better so far. I think this is a reaction to the CL's win, long may it continue.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Yeah that is utter nonsense in my view. I have to say I've generally been fine with it so far in the PL but that is wrestling move in the box.

Peter Walton might be clear in his mind but it isn't obvious to anyone.

Anyhow now I've seen it we looked pretty decent and follows on from 2 good performances.

We've matched what we did last year in the first 5 yet if I'm totally honest our performances have been better so far. I think this is a reaction to the CL's win, long may it continue.
Definite Pen. I appreciate jostling in the box and trying to put players off, but that has completely affected Matips ability to head the ball where he wanted. Anywhere else on the pitch its a foul

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
A bit rusty at the start and took a while to get to our A game but that only really kicked in after Bobby came on. What a difference he made. Mane looked on fire and it would not have surprised me if he had ripped the net off the top Kop stanchion with that equaliser! Thought we bossed large chunks of the game but still a tad slack at the back like when Virg came to the rescue at one point when it was only 2-1. Just a joy to watch though and some of the one-touch passing was obscenely supreme - like when Bobby put Robbo in and I am still shaking my head how their keeper made a save - even Gini was getting in on the act, trying to carry on where he left off with Holland as he nearly scored with that flicked lob which shaved the bar.... This is making an old man very happy :) !

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
excellent result,

5 outa 5....

on we go.....

as for Bobby, stop with the flicks and tricks,
your making to too easy for us!!!!!!

I bow to your skills....

as for Mane.....

I said it before so i will say it again.....

This is your year...
the world is gonna be your oyster,
go and grab it......

make it yours...

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Another great win..started slowly,conceded the Robbo set the tone then Origi off(hope the lad is OK)and then Bobby came on and the game changed completely.
We looked excellent from that point on,Chuffed with Mane's efforts.
5 from 5,5 clear of citeh,loving it!

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
15/15 . Nothing. Else. Matters!

1. Bobby
2. Fabinho
3. Robbo

Perfect!
I watched the game much later in the day. (Also enjoyed watching Manc blue stumbled. Agree with Incognito, I voted the same 3 and the same order.

On top of that, Adrian's distributions improved significantly from the past few games.

As Klopp said at the post match interview on Bobby getting the MOTM: "Very well deserved, my friend."

melbournered

We are indeed the mentality monsters. The calmness after that early setback was pleasing to see.
No panic, just back to business.

It helps of course to have the best number 9 in the world come on as a sub,haha.

I won't add to what we already know about our front 3 or the sublime interplay between our players, but would like to focus on our pressing.

Our pressing is at an elite level, no better example was the closing down of Almiron by no less than 3 of our players in the second half.
Jurgen would have been pleased with that. Showed hunger, desire and discipline.

They tried to change up their tactics after the half time break,but that didn't last long as we chased ,hassled and closed them down,forcing easy turnovers. They literally couldn't breath as we choked the life out of them.

I understand the nervousness of some about our high press and possibly being vulnerable to a counter or a long ball but it's working well and i'm becoming more comfortable with it as each week goes by.

I voted for Bobby as MOTM ahead of Fabhino (who i thought was outstanding also). Next was Sadio and Robbo.

Sadio being the world class player that he is and playing at a consistently high level, i find myself marking him harder. Ridiculous i know.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Its reassuring to know there is no reason to panic when we go a goal down! Bobby was superhuman today, defo MOTM. Mane and Salah were ok too! Fabs was fab again! Robbo is the Flying Scotsman! Shame his effort never went in. Don't remember Adrian having a save to make. although his distribution was good. We have a decent back up keeper in Adrian.

All in all a good performance after a slow start. These 12:30 kick offs are unnatural!

Onwards and upwards!!!

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
what a thrill and more watching our lads play football. Naturally disappointed with the goal against, but keep every game with this scoreline and we will never stop smiling. All the lads played very well, (hope Origi is alright), can only credit them for making us feel really, really good and proud to support them. 5155

[email protected]