• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Man of the Match

• Total voters

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
What's your definition of better then, if they can't do what he does?
I think you know what I meant, but I will better define my statement.
Your ordinary, typical No. 9 is the focal point of the offense, and his first priority is to score goals, as many as possible. Harry Kane ( overrated ) and Aguero are 2 good examples, or if you'd like from our own club history :Torres and Fowler.
I would even argue that out of our front three, Firmino is probably the worse finisher ( I am not saying he is bad, only that I think Mane and Salah are probably a bit better in that aspect ). This is as far as defining the typical No. 9 role.
The thing with Bobby is, he gives you so much more. I can't think of another striker or forward who naturally drops back to help overflow the midfield, press the ball, and releases it to the 2 onrushing wingers ( which quickly drift inwards instead of continuing to hug the line ). Playing in a different system ( 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 diamond etc ), or even with different players playing on the wings, Firmino would have been so effective.

For me, Firmino is the reason we have the best front 3 in the world today, although individualy there are better players for each of these positions.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
just watched the highlights again and was able to enjoy the magical performance, 53 minutes of, Bobby F again! simply out of this universe! Mane wasn't bad either, but Bobby F delivered the MOTM performance. Shame we couldn't have scored a few more because the performance certainly merited it.

For a 12:30 kick off I thought the crowd were great!!!

Incognito

The Normal One
just watched the highlights again and was able to enjoy the magical performance, 53 minutes of, Bobby F again! simply out of this universe! Mane wasn't bad either, but Bobby F delivered the MOTM performance. Shame we couldn't have scored a few more because the performance certainly merited it.

For a 12:30 kick off I thought the crowd were great!!!
That's three posts now without an update on your pipe. Where's the dislike button when you need it :p