• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

Before the game " this is going to be Liverpool's toughest test yet".
Beat C Palace, Leicester, Tottenham away.
After " Palace, Leicester, Tottenham were poor"

Before tonight "PSG are favourites to win CL. Liverpool's biggest test yet"
After "PSG were poor"!

Away from the hype, this is just 1 game, it means nothing in terms of will we win the trophy, it just puts those knockers in their place who said LFC haven't played any decent European team. The fun bit is when we win in Paris

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I still haven't come down! There is so much I want to say about the match but I will keep this one short.

Two words: Commitment and Belief. Every man in the side tonight was committed to the game plan and believed in each other. From the opening kick, Liverpool were always a step ahead of PSG. The boys executed their plan almost to perfection. That is a wonderful testament to Jürgen Klopp and it's a testament to how these boys are wired mentally. That is how a team looks. Team football. That doesn't happen if everyone isn't buying in to a vision.

So many performances to highlight - Robbo and Trent were absolutely brilliant. Absolutely brilliant going forward as well as defending. Joe and Big Virg also brilliant and active.

Bobby = LEGEND.

Our midfield was the difference in the game. I don't have the proper superlatives to describe their effort, work rate, and execution. They were next level and the best players on the field. We all looked at the starting XI before the match and wondered how that combination would fare against PSG but in my humble opinion our midfield was the difference in the match. Major, major respect to Hendo, Gini and the ageless wonder Milner. Tireless work rate, focus and execution from all 3.

LFCFFC

Right...I've just woken up, seen the score, scared the dog with my insane yelling and now my neighbors think I'm in love with a guy called Bobby (which is true tbf).

Get the fuck in! This team...I have no words <3

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
I'm finally able to post, and it's almost 11pm here....
You know that feeling, when you know that the hard work of the past 3 years is beginning to pay off?

It's here.

We're never gonna stop.

Great job by the French away fans, with their drums and crap........ I really enjoyed how Danny and Millie shut them up in the first half.
But the best depressant med was in the 91st minute. I keep watching it over and over and I love how quiet they got when 1-eyed Bobby struck.

Take that, and see you in Paris.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Post match reactions from our players...
Sturridge pays Robertson compliments on his cross, and Robertson replied "Yeah you couldn't miss it".

Milner praised Firmino for his contribution after suffering that eye injury. The one thing I don't understand is, what kind of question is "how important is that goal for you by Firmino"? The goal that won Liverpool 3 points against a team that tipped to top the group. The goal that came minutes after they've equalised and a minute before the final whistle. Yeah that goal. How important? Gary Lineker was a fucking pro footballer and he asked that stupid question..... of course it is important.

And the boss... seems fucking happy
A lot of good words going towards Sturridge, and loving the idea that he could rest Firmino and bring him on at the 70th minute to cause problems for the opposing team. To those who keep calling this man tactically inept or this team not tactically tuned - listen to the last bit of the interview and tell me what you hear. Klopp sets up the team to play with width because he saw them closing the midsection. Both our goals conceded we lost the ball in the middle of the pitch.

It's been a very good month! Let's hope this continues.....

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Great performance by the lads yesterday. Cavani was clearly offside for Meuniers goal - if the ref sees it we would have trashed them 5-0.

Sturridge with an intensity i've seen and expected from him.

I was very critical of Salah vs. Spurs but yesterday he worked his socks off. Lack of concentration or maybe he was just exhausted in his last 5-10 minutes on the pitch. We shouldn't be too harsh with him now.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Great performance by the lads yesterday. Cavani was clearly offside for Meuniers goal - if the ref sees it we would have trashed them 5-0.

Sturridge with an intensity i've seen and expected from him.

I was very critical of Salah vs. Spurs but yesterday he worked his socks off. Lack of concentration or maybe he was just exhausted in his last 5-10 minutes on the pitch. We shouldn't be too harsh with him now.
agree you can't knock Salah's effort at all he is giving everything but it just ain't clicking yet!!!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Before the game " this is going to be Liverpool's toughest test yet".
Beat C Palace, Leicester, Tottenham away.
After " Palace, Leicester, Tottenham were poor"

Before tonight "PSG are favourites to win CL. Liverpool's biggest test yet"
After "PSG were poor"!

Away from the hype, this is just 1 game, it means nothing in terms of will we win the trophy, it just puts those knockers in their place who said LFC haven't played any decent European team. The fun bit is when we win in Paris
We had that on the way to the final as well. It’s only Maribor...Spartak...Porto...Man City...Roma

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
bwahahahahaaaa....

The discussion of Mo and WaterBottleGate on the Caf is a sight to behold.

My particular fave is the Salah=Neymar petulance equivalency...

fmd...and thank feck some are calling people out on their bullshit...

Last edited:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
only just jumped on to this thread, but i'll tell you what, salah was non too happy with bobby's goal! .................... he slammed his water bottle down on the floor in front of him when the telly was showing kloppo's reaction ............. anybody else notice?
I think that was more to do with celebrations became I've seen a longer clip where in raises his hands up first and then smashes the the water bottle

YeGra

Probably already been said before but with Napoli drawing in the group to the supposed whipping boys, it makes qualification from this group an easier task and takes the pressure off this insane run of fixtures.

We knew this month would be a test but an away win at Spurs and this win shows we're coping quite beautifully so far.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
He got the big one first before the connection to the pair
The reality is the goal should have stood but truth is that 95% of the time if you challenge the keeper for a 50/50 ball and win the ref will call a foul. Generally a keeper will scream in pain to get a foul and often take the attacker out and still get the foul but to be fair this tit did get kidney stones from it. I'd say the fans behind the goal didn't know where to look when they were putting them balls back in place

Commando

Ad-free Member
It'll be interesting to watch the whole game later. I want to look for exactly what Neymar did all match. Aside from one mazy run early doors where he went past three of our players, I don't remember him doing much. I'm not giving him an assist for Mbappe's goal. That was more down to a deflection of Virgil (?) than a direct pass.

Commando

Ad-free Member
The reality is the goal should have stood but truth is that 95% of the time if you challenge the keeper for a 50/50 ball and win the ref will call a foul. Generally a keeper will scream in pain to get a foul and often take the attacker out and still get the foul but to be fair this tit did get kidney stones from it. I'd say the fans behind the goal didn't know where to look when they were putting them balls back in place
As per my above post.
I'll watch the incident again later. I'd like to know who gave the foul. From where I sit in the MS, it looked like the Ref had given the goal and his assistant on the far side was making his way to the half way line for a restart. There was a pause before the ref started waving his arms and went across to where our lads were celebrating.