Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
L'Equipe's player ratings - I find it odd that Di Maria and Henderson would be rated as having equal games. I thought Gomez and VvD had overall solid games, but two goals from central plays creates an argument.....undermined by giving the two PSG centre-backs a '6'

I thought that actually in many - most - respects we got our tactics spot on and both man-for-man and collectively outplayed PSG. We also (mostly) shackled their danger men. The only negative for me and it was significant leading IMO indirectly to their first goal and directly to their second was our occasional tendency to win the ball defensively only to carelessly give it straight back to them. I know I keep referring to this and apologise for being boring but to me the only thing that kept PSG in the game was us due to that one key failing on our part. In pretty much every other respect I thought we were excellent.

Last edited:
Attention seeking pricks. The media needs to look at where to focus its attention. Mo Salah and Harry Kane both look like shadows of players who terrorised the league last year. The side one of them is part of has won six on the spin, and sit at the top of both their competition tables. The other has lost three on the bounce and his manager looks like he is cracking up. I know where I’d be looking for a ‘crisis narrative’.
I don't know why it's thought there's a crisis with Mo. So he's not been scoring goals like he did last season, but he has the talent to come good -- and he will come good. Your analogy with Kane is so relevant. He's in a poor run of form at the moment, but if anyone writes him off they would be making a big mistake, and the same can be said of Mo. I can't see him doing as well as last season, but the goals will come for him.

RedLar

RedLar

I don't know why it's thought there's a crisis with Mo. So he's not been scoring goals like he did last season, but he has the talent to come good -- and he will come good. Your analogy with Kane is so relevant. He's in a poor run of form at the moment, but if anyone writes him off they would be making a big mistake, and the same can be said of Mo. I can't see him doing as well as last season, but the goals will come for him.
Mo's not putting them in, but he's certainly not playing poorly either. He puts himself about and will be a worry for any team we face, whether he scores or not. Sloppy passes last night and one cost us. Ultimately, never made the difference last night, just as the Allison howler never cost us.

Think it is fair to say that Mo is feeling the pressure to match last season's effort. Who wouldn't? If i had chance to advise Mo, I think I'd be telling him to relax, and it will all fall into place.

Comparisons with Kane are ridiculous IMHO. If Kane is off his game, then he offers absolutely nothing around the park. Absolute passenger. Mo still puts in the work rate presses and passes, scoring or not.

I am not worried about Mo in the least.

YeGra

L'Equipe's player ratings - I find it odd that Di Maria and Henderson would be rated as having equal games. I thought Gomez and VvD had overall solid games, but two goals from central plays creates an argument.....undermined by giving the two PSG centre-backs a '6'

Are they seriously rating Milner as a 6?!

They're mad.

Limiescouse

I myself chose Gino as MOTM. Couple of real long lung busting runs, and really difficult to shrug off the ball. In the midfield 3, I think he gives it the necessary range and pace it needs, perhaps even lacks. Gino also won the pen. I thought Henderson did a right captains job last night. Couple of his challenges went through his own team mates, as well as the ball, and the opponent. Think he might have clipped TAA and Gino in two separate incidents. It was great to see his intent. he shit all over Gomez after one errant pass. And Milner, well, what the fuck is that all about? Chopping down Neymar. Our middle three performed like generals last night, so I really do not care who got MOTM. Apparently the BBc agreed with it being Gino. Not arsed.
There was a span of about 90 seconds in which Hendo cut PSG players in half in 3 separate tackles. On the third he went right through Gomez as well for good measure.

I imagined that Mbappe and Neymar would have reached a point in that game where they make the same realization that Drago makes around round 6 of his fight against Rocky.

RedLar

Too many fannies in that PSG team with not much grit because they don't have to fight for fuck all in the French league,they should count themselves lucky with that scoreline,very flattering.
In retrospect PSG was the best of all the Pot 1 teams to be drawn against in our CL group. Considering we could have been up against either of the Madrid sides, Bayern, Barca or Juve, then drawing PSG was like being given a pass, if I am being fair.

Honestly! Based on that drivel of a PSG side I saw last night, we might as well have drawn the champions of Madagascar.

Eintrachtfan

The convinced one
Can’t really understand the throw the bottle story about Salah.
When I imagine I was Salah and maid the fault that leaded to their equalizer I would be glad and grateful to my teammate who scored and saved my ass.
I don’t think there is any poster here on who thinks the other way around.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
We right them off at our peril. They werent at their best last night but they have immense quality in that line up and looked dangerous in possession or on the counter.

We out played them for sure but they still managed to be 1 min from sharing the points with us. I think the return leg in Paris will be a vastly different kettle of fish.

To be fair, PSG were missing atleast 3 key players - Verratti, Alves and Buffon. Not sure about the other 2 but, missing Verratti and playing Marquinhos costed them the midfield battle and hence the match. We got a bit of luck going on this time. The away match could be a real battle.
Logic aside, I hope we batter them in their own ground like we did against Porto. ;-)

Commando

I spent the second half wondering when our midfield would run out of steam.

Yeah, I'm still waiting. It seems that Milly has started sharing his Ribena with the rest of our midfield.

Mo tracked back and harried the opposition all night and was very unfortunate that it was his errant pass that was punished. Others were able to cede possession without being punished. Mo, as I said was just unfortunate.

Remember, nobody is infullable.

I spent the second half wondering when our midfield would run out of steam.

Yeah, I'm still waiting. It seems that Milly has started sharing his Ribena with the rest of our midfield.

Mo tracked back and harried the opposition all night and was very unfortunate that it was his errant pass that was punished. Others were able to cede possession without being punished. Mo, as I said was just unfortunate.

Remember, nobody is infullable.
I remember Milner stopping briefly yesterday to take a bit of a breather for the first time in two years.,he's magnificent.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think you're right but his form is a little bit of a worry. It looks like he's carrying the world on his shoulders
Not to worried about his form, it's temporary. My main concern is the burden as you put it, and that burden of him able to perform and not let his fans down is what I think pulling him down. The fans, his country and club needs to show more support and reassurance that we are all good if he doesn't score another 40 goals this season. Just play with a smile, and bring his oldself back. That I think the club could do, get some sports psychologist to come sort him out.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned because I haven't read through the thread, but I was getting pissed off with Jonanthan Pearce commentary as he seemed to be midpoint between personally offended and also gleeful that Salah was having a quiet game and hadn't scored a hat trick.
Ah so that's what the prick's name is.... son of a bitch irritates the shit out of me the entire night.

The key is in the first word......

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Neymar is a disgrace. Lost the ball, waved his arms around like a spoilt brat rather than getting back and defending. We score. I wouldn’t want him at Liverpool if he was offered for free.
Yeah he's a right twat. Credit where credit is due though, he didn't roll about like a dick last night every time someone touched him, surprisingly

LFCFFC

Yeah he's a right twat. Credit where credit is due though, he didn't roll about like a dick last night every time someone touched him, surprisingly
He was pretty well behaved by his incredibly low standards, but I'm loathe to pay him any credit just for being slightly less of a fuckwit.

He gets points for the Milner piggyback though.

MRPRFCT

Perhaps this was brought up before, but after Bobby scores the camera goes to Klopp to show his reaction and you can see Salah in the background for a brief moment. In that moment he actually seems disgusted. He throws his water bottle down. I know I am reaching here, but did anyone else notice that?

Limiescouse

Perhaps this was brought up before, but after Bobby scores the camera goes to Klopp to show his reaction and you can see Salah in the background for a brief moment. In that moment he actually seems disgusted. He throws his water bottle down. I know I teaching here, but did anyone else notice that?
Fuck sake