Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeoT

Great performance from Milner, Gini and Hendo, we had Fabinho & Keita on the bench, and Lallana soon to return.

...Ox be thinking "how am I supposed to get a game when my knee's fixed???"

Yeah he's a right twat. Credit where credit is due though, he didn't roll about like a dick last night every time someone touched him, surprisingly
I didn't like Cavani gesturing to the ref to give Hendo a card early on in the match - it wasn't even a tackle but an obstruction. Cavani should have been carded for it.

Noo Noo

I didn't like Cavani gesturing to the ref to give Hendo a card early on in the match - it wasn't even a tackle but an obstruction. Cavani should have been carded for it.
I thought the ref looked a little ropey early on to be honest. He seemed to get better though. There were one or two questionable stoppages here and there for me. Linesmen were more than a little off to as well I thought. There was more than one questionable offside or missed call over the course of the game.

I thought the ref looked a little ropey early on to be honest. He seemed to get better though. There were one or two questionable stoppages here and there for me. Linesmen were more than a little off to as well I thought. There was more than one questionable offside or missed call over the course of the game.
Yeah, the assistant behind the goal line for Mo's disallowed goal didn't even raise his stick. And what did the ref do to stop all the pushing of our lads in the box - just a few words and then allowed it to carry on. As you say, Noo Noo, the ref and his assistants didn't have a particularly good game.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Perhaps this was brought up before, but after Bobby scores the camera goes to Klopp to show his reaction and you can see Salah in the background for a brief moment. In that moment he actually seems disgusted. He throws his water bottle down. I know I am reaching here, but did anyone else notice that?

Already mentioned and done to death. Nothing to see here ....... please move along ........ ! ;-)

:-)

Noo Noo

Yeah, the assistant behind the goal line for Mo's disallowed goal didn't even raise his stick. And what did the ref do to stop all the pushing of our lads in the box - just a few words and then allowed it to carry on. As you say, Noo Noo, the ref and his assistants didn't have a particularly good game.
It was the offsides that bugged me more than anything I think, although it did work in our favour on occasion.

I thought Neymar was wrongly given offside once as was Mane at the other end. Cavani was clearly offside for their goal too.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
The aftermath and how PSG top stars reacted to suggestions about Ligue Un is inferior to the Premier League.

PSG star issues challenge to Prem clubs in passionate defence of Ligue 1
“The best teams in Europe play in the Champions League and when you face them, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose,” Cavani told reporters.

“I would like to see Premier League teams play in Ligue 1 so we could see how good they are.

“I wouldn’t disparage the French league, as France are the current world champions and many of their players play in Ligue 1.
Hey man, just face it Cavani.... Ligue Un is inferior to the Premier League.

RedLar

Perhaps this was brought up before, but after Bobby scores the camera goes to Klopp to show his reaction and you can see Salah in the background for a brief moment. In that moment he actually seems disgusted. He throws his water bottle down. I know I am reaching here, but did anyone else notice that?
Really? No way!

I assumed that was, if anything, frustration at his own performance, rather than anger at Firmino scoring. The front three have always seemed to get on very well with one another.

RedLar

To be fair, PSG were missing atleast 3 key players - Verratti, Alves and Buffon. Not sure about the other 2 but, missing Verratti and playing Marquinhos costed them the midfield battle and hence the match. We got a bit of luck going on this time. The away match could be a real battle.
Logic aside, I hope we batter them in their own ground like we did against Porto. ;-)
Ha! Alves must've been at diving practice last night. Was it not Buffon lost the plot in a match last season? Juve? Some sort of come back? Can't readily recall.

koptician

We'll go again!
Was out watching The Aristocrats rip it up at Islington Town Hall in London...It struck me that The Aristocrats are composed of Guthrie (An Englishman, LFC English club/players), Marco (A German, like our beloved Gaffer), and Brian (An American, like our owners). There was a firm request not to use phones to video or take photos during the match but of course I couldn't help but have cheeky looks between songs.

koptician

We'll go again!

redaderry

Was out watching The Aristocrats rip it up at Islington Town Hall in London...It struck me that The Aristocrats are composed of Guthrie (An Englishman, LFC English club/players), Marco (A German, like our beloved Gaffer), and Brian (An American, like our owners). There was a firm request not to use phones to video or take photos during the match but of course I couldn't help but have cheeky looks between songs.
Lucky you. Saw them a couple of years ago in Dublin and saw Guthrie at a masterclass in Derry one night up close. Fuckin sensational. Sorry mods for the thread derail

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
All for cutting some slack from PSG cause of Veratti missing the match. That led them to play Marquinhos in the midfield. But if you factor in the case that they spent unbelievable amounts of money on Neymar and to a lesser extent Mbappe, They've only got themselves to blame.

FGred

Yes i posted about that stra
Yes i posted about it straight after the game nasty little cheat

Limiescouse

All for cutting some slack from PSG cause of Veratti missing the match. That led them to play Marquinhos in the midfield. But if you factor in the case that they spent unbelievable amounts of money on Neymar and to a lesser extent Mbappe, They've only got themselves to blame.
They started the season with only 14 fit senior players. Unless your side has come down a case of the Spanish Flu, it's a case of total mismanagement to get yourself into a position like that. As you say, a big part of that was that they are now so hand cuffed with FFP after the purchases of Mbappe and Neymar that they were forced to let the rest of the side go unattended. They chose to go into the season with only 6 midfielders - 2 of whom are injury liabilities (Motta and Veratti), one who has barely played in years (Diarra), and two who are really forwards (Di Maria and Draxler). You don't get to build your squad like that and then use it as an excuse when you find yourself short in that area.

Last edited:

SBYM

I'm just living the dream
They started the season with only 14 fit senior players. Unless your side has come down a case of the Spanish Flu, it's a case of total mismanagement to get yourself into a position like that. As you say, a big part of that was that they are now so hand cuffed with FFP after the purchases of Mbappe and Neymar that they were forced to let the rest of the side go unattended.
My heart breaks for the poor dears...

SBYM

I'm just living the dream
Great performance from Milner, Gini and Hendo, we had Fabinho & Keita on the bench, and Lallana soon to return.

...Ox be thinking "how am I supposed to get a game when my knee's fixed???"
Continuing to deliver those rockets from 30yds would help...

Seems to be about the only thing our mids can't do.

Maria

Now, tell me which Brazilian you want in our attack. Phil, Neymar or Bobby. The lad is class and Liverpool through.
Definitely Bobby:J. I cannot explain it very well, but he is just so different from the rest of the high profile Brazilians who play in Europe. In his style of play he seems such an unorthodox Brazilian, he is not be showman in the mould of Neymar, Bobby is so far-sighted, intelligent and avant-garde, you know what I mean. Bobby is the engine of the team. To be honest I cannot categorise him because he is so unique.

Regarding Salah still not hit his standard, my opinion is he miss oxlade chamberlain. I think Salah and Chamberlain have a good chemistry between them. This is not the major factor but i want admit it is part of it.

RedLar

Definitely Bobby:J. I cannot explain it very well, but he is just so different from the rest of the high profile Brazilians who play in Europe. In his style of play he seems such an unorthodox Brazilian, he is not be showman in the mould of Neymar, Bobby is so far-sighted, intelligent and avant-garde, you know what I mean. Bobby is the engine of the team. To be honest I cannot categorise him because he is so unique.
He's fucking magnificent. How's that?

The none Brazilian bit is him chasing down lost causes for 90 minutes.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The aftermath and how PSG top stars reacted to suggestions about Ligue Un is inferior to the Premier League.

PSG star issues challenge to Prem clubs in passionate defence of Ligue 1

Hey man, just face it Cavani.... Ligue Un is inferior to the Premier League.
The funny thing about that is:

WC FInal France XI: Lloris(PL), Pavard(BL), Varane(La Liga), Umtiti(La Liga), Hernandez(La Liga), Pogba(PL), Kante(PL), Matuidi(Serie A), Griezmann(La Liga), Giroud(PL), Mbappe(Ligue Un).

The only starter who plays in Ligue Un is his own damn teammate....who is generally expected to be a major transfer target out next June

Arminius

FSG PR plant
He is angry at his water bottle. When Firmino scores, he lefts his arms in celebration while holding his water bottle in his right arm. As it is open, it then pours on him, making him wet and therefore angry. In a fit of pique, he punishes the water bottle.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
When you think Trent is 19.. Fucking bosses Neymar.. Gomez is 21.. Fucking smashed Cavani all over.. These are the elite of the game and some of our youngest players just had them in their back pocket all game.

I honestly feel this season we are going to do some damage.. Minimum 1 trophy.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
He is angry at his water bottle. When Firmino scores, he lefts his arms in celebration while holding his water bottle in his right arm. As it is open, it then pours on him, making him wet and therefore angry. In a fit of pique, he punishes the water bottle.
God Pique gets everywhere the ex-manc twat.