Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
My two cents is that Salah way killing a rather large spider with his drinks bottle. September is spider season and I would not be surprised if he suffered from arachnophobia.
Christ, if he lived in our house a water bottle wouldn't cut it, he'd need a flamethrower and a gatling gun.

Knocked one to the ground the other night when I made a hash of catching it in a glass. Fucker actually thudded when it landed.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
My two cents is that Salah way killing a rather large spider with his drinks bottle. September is spider season and I would not be surprised if he suffered from arachnophobia.
Or he had just learned that he was picked for drug testing, and then, as precaution, he drunk some bottles of water on the bench. After Bobby scored he threw the last bottle annoyed away, because he would rather have now celebrated with the team and the fans?

When you think Trent is 19.. Fucking bosses Neymar.. Gomez is 21.. Fucking smashed Cavani all over.. These are the elite of the game and some of our youngest players just had them in their back pocket all game.

I honestly feel this season we are going to do some damage.. Minimum 1 trophy.
Totally agree, the 3 front PSG players Neymar, Mbappé Cavani are the elite as noted by the World Cup. These youngest Trent / Gomez nailed them. LFC defence was brilliant. Gomez is getting trained to position correctly by Van Dyke. Gomez moves forward and passes better then VD, hence Gomez may develop into an Andrea Pirlo / Franz Beckenbauer type player. Gomez could become a legend at Anfield.

Trent has an unbelievable skill set in development. He plays defensive right back like Phil Neal, but runs down the wing like Steve Highway! Robbo has the same skill and pace on the left side.

Imagine what these young guys are going to be like in 3 years time, when their body matures and gets stronger.

This LFC squad could be the best to ever play at Anfield.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Well, this was La Marca's headline this morning, so it must be true:

Salah en Anfield pesadilla de arañas! Fuentes informadas cercanas a la superestrella egipcia dicen que está cerca de mudarse al Real Madrid para alejarse de todas las arañas.

Neukolln

This is a great quote from Virgil. Speaks to what I posted earlier in the thread, this is a cohesive unit, all going in the same direction:

"I want to create memories here, I want to win things with this team, and to do that we have to have belief in our ability to beat the best teams."

Christ, if he lived in our house a water bottle wouldn't cut it, he'd need a flamethrower and a gatling gun.

Knocked one to the ground the other night when I made a hash of catching it in a glass. Fucker actually thudded when it landed.
Mmm spider hash, you may have a product there

Nothing wrong with Mo. Get a grip people. He's being marked a lot tighter this year. Naturally that means others are getting more space and goals.

If this was Mo's first 6 games for us we would be content. 2 goals and 2 assists is it?

Mo doesn't need another 45 goal season. 25 will do with a bag full of assists. It's a team game. No need for a single player to take all the pressure.

It's also still early in the season. Wait till we get fully into it.
Yep thats one part, but he is also missing his shots, to be fair, and sometimes wildly.

FGred

Nothing wrong with Mo. Get a grip people. He's being marked a lot tighter this year. Naturally that means others are getting more space and goals.

If this was Mo's first 6 games for us we would be content. 2 goals and 2 assists is it?

Mo doesn't need another 45 goal season. 25 will do with a bag full of assists. It's a team game. No need for a single player to take all the pressure.

It's also still early in the season. Wait till we get fully into it.
Remember Suarez went through the same process, his first season with us was outstanding but the following season he had a difficult start then blew everybody away after that once the other teams realise that marking him out of the game will give more opportunity for the other team members and as someone else said this will also help the team not to rely on his goals.

I imagine Naby and Fabi learned a ton today just watching Milner, Hendo, and Gini.
Great post and very insightful. I totally agree with you.

I suspect Klopp sits players on the bench just so they learn future game play and positioning.
It appears Klopp has decided how he wants each position to play, in Klopps master game play. Also Klopp is getting 2 players to fill each position, exactly to Klopps master game plan.

For example, Keita must have learnt a lot watching Hendo play his position. Also Wini, played. Hendo position at center midfield.

Also Shaq must be learning what is expected by watching Milner at number 7

Klopp is building a very sophisticated team and game play, far more advanced then last year and far more advanced then any manager in the premier league

jredp

as supporters we need to support our team and don't feedback into the negative media stories. Salah is still our player, so just support him, because he probably is on this forum everyday. ( Wishful thinkin) hope the leasing the stadium single his name very very loudly to let him know YNWA.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"