• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Milly, Hendo & Gini take a bow you deserve it.
Brilliant win. 6/6! Ridiculous amount of whining in the match thread. People criticising setup when we dominated the match. Bitching about our subs then a sub scores!

We won’t always be perfect but let’s just enjoy these glory days!
Not much bitching about the subs, just the timing of them

Red over the water

For a second the story was going to be about wastefulness and not finishing them off, not helped by a dodgy pass from Mo. But no, the story is now all about BOBBY FIRMINO!

Absolutely superb finish.

I could go through it all in more detail, but not right now, not while the adrenaline is pumping and the euphoria high. Awesome you red men, just awesome. Starts off the CL campaign a treat.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
What a game! And it sets us up perfectly in this group.

Bobby, the one-eyed celebration! lol :celebrating:

A contest between Gini and Milner for MoM. Hendo was great too. No stuttering from them this time, they were perfect all three of them!

Credit also to Kloppo for doing everything right here.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
A win against one of Europe’s heavyweights without coming out of second gear.

Salah looks like he still hasn’t recovered after being rushed back for the World Cup- looks like he definitely needs a rest.

PSG actually looked scared of us- they just didn’t commit, as they knew we’d pick them off on the break.

Solid performances all around- Robertson just gets my MotM vote.

Oh, and Areola’s a bit of a tit.
He was mighty!!!

What a fucking player!!!

LS12Red

Wow! ...........Jimmy Milner and Gini were immense, poor Mo it's just not going for him (maybe over thinking things at the minute) but 3 points at home is what you want and to be fair anything other than a win for us would have been an injustice, Hats off to the Paris fans made all the noise tonight ...Oh and Daniels' Dance :celebrating:

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I thought the coolness of VVD to pass to Gomez and Gomez to pass to Bobby for the goal was tremendous - very very calm and collected
I thought we looked great apart from some uncharacteristic midfield givaways
Also hats off to Andy roberstson

And a first for me
Watched the match in my moms hospital room with her and my dad - a family affair!

Barnestormer

Left wing.
What a game! And it sets us up perfectly in this group.

Bobby, the one-eyed celebration! lol:celebrating:

A contest between Gini and Milner for MoM. Hendo was great too. No stuttering from them this time, they were perfect all three of them!

Credit also to Kloppo for doing everything right here.
In time at least, that was a late sub of Salah that most of us here called 10 mins earlier!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
It would have been a travesty had we not won. We were absolutely dominant, and there was nothing wrong with Salah’s goal.

I’ll need to be reminded of the rules, but I’m sure that as soon as Cavani tries to overhead the ball that should be offside. It was for us at the weekend.

Neymar is a disgrace. Lost the ball, waved his arms around like a spoilt brat rather than getting back and defending. We score. I wouldn’t want him at Liverpool if he was offered for free.

Last edited:

mikodelniko13

we are a great team . energy and class but we are sloppy again we should have been 3 -4 up and boom 2-2 . just bloody control the game and dont give teams chances to counter attack . credit to shaqiri he was on fire we he came on and bobby always delivers .
mom between milner and gini both worked their socks off . henderson moped well and sat recycled many balls .
overall great result after all PSG IS AN AMAZING TEAM ON PAPER .

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
This was a GLORY NIGHT in the LIVERPOOL WAY!
No matter the referee, no matter everything - the magic is there!
We were amazing trough the whole game!!! EVERYONE deserve only good words! PSG were looking like scared kids... I'm still in euphoric mood...
What a night!

Redsi73

As I said in the pre match thread.

We don't give a fuck who you are we fear no team anymore.

PSG were shite and deserved nothing. Their goals came from a fluke and a bad pass from us. Neymar mbappe cavan blah blah blah, they did fuck all.

James Milner is a god of a player.

Bit worried about Mo though

C

Caradoc

Their second goal .... okay Salah made the mistake but he was the one whose mistake was punished. That failure to transition from defence to attack by making a loose pass happened on several occasions involving a number of our players. With players like Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar you simply can’t afford to keep doing that without getting punished at some point. In that sense Mo was unlucky.