• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool 3-2 PSG (UCL 18/9/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Milner [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Salah [off 86’]

• Sturridge [GOAL 30’, off 71’]

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Mane [off 90+2’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Firmino [on 71’, GOAL 90+1’]

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 86’]

• Fabinho [on 90+2]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glory2Anfield

LFC won , but I am not impressed. LFC played with no strategy or tactical play. It appears each player has to play like Milner. Each player seems to be on an individual growth curve of getting better and better, and each player has to bust his gut, as if he is on a performance review.

Note wini is trying to score goals, surrige plays to no one, ( but he is a poacher so that may be acceptable) but all strikers are the same. Van dyke was playing as an attacking midfielder late in th e game, no one is passing to Salah to set up play, so Salah is running and passing cold, it’s Everyman for himself based on his Olympian performance review. This is not a win silver strategy. LFC strategy is play to exhaustion and hope to run the other team into the ground.

But in finals and semi finals, top class teams show up, like Real Madrid. These teams play with skill and strategy. Playing to exhaustion, is not a winning stratergy. You have to play football to beat Barcelona on a big night. Hence psg got 2 goals back and bobby was lucky to score so late.

Also this above LFC strategy is easy to deal with by the top 6 teams, at season end, when you play for silver,

LFC has one big super advantage in that, LFC has a brilliant defence. That even spurs could not pass through.

Brilliant high quality players will beat LFC to silver. No one remembers second place teams.

LFC was playing better last season, even thou the squad is better this year,

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I was just listening to the Radio, one Liverpool fan was not happy at all with Salah since this season and saying throwing the water bottle was out of order and something is not right in the head.

I think throwing the water bottle incident is Salah being frustrated with himself and not scoring and wanting to stay for full 90 minutes.

Last edited:

7th Earl

LFC won , but I am not impressed. LFC played with no strategy or tactical play. It appears each player has to play like Milner. Each player seems to be on an individual growth curve of getting better and better, and each player has to bust his gut, as if he is on a performance review.

Note wini is trying to score goals, surrige plays to no one, ( but he is a poacher so that may be acceptable) but all strikers are the same. Van dyke was playing as an attacking midfielder late in th e game, no one is passing to Salah to set up play, so Salah is running and passing cold, it’s Everyman for himself based on his Olympian performance review. This is not a win silver strategy. LFC strategy is play to exhaustion and hope to run the other team into the ground.

But in finals and semi finals, top class teams show up, like Real Madrid. These teams play with skill and strategy. Playing to exhaustion, is not a winning stratergy. You have to play football to beat Barcelona on a big night. Hence psg got 2 goals back and bobby was lucky to score so late.

Also this above LFC strategy is easy to deal with by the top 6 teams, at season end, when you play for silver,

LFC has one big super advantage in that, LFC has a brilliant defence. That even spurs could not pass through.

Brilliant high quality players will beat LFC to silver. No one remembers second place teams.

Can someone else deal with this. I am exhausted after that game.

Barnestormer

Left wing.

Anyone would think they were running around holding a bong all game

Glory2Anfield

Wow! ...........Jimmy Milner and Gini were immense, poor Mo it's just not going for him (maybe over thinking things at the minute) but 3 points at home is what you want and to be fair anything other than a win for us would have been an injustice, Hats off to the Paris fans made all the noise tonight ...Oh and Daniels' Dance :celebrating:
Salah needs to be fed to score . Likewise for a goal keeper to keep a clean sheet, he needs a good defence. If no one feeds Salah, he may leave LFC.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member

Fucking Wini and Surrige!!!!!

They're shit!!!

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I was just listening to the Radio, one Liverpool fan was not happy at all with Salah since this season and saying throwing the water bottle was out of order and something is not right in the head.

I think throwing the water bottle incident is Salah being frustrated with himself not scoring and wanting to stay for full 90 minutes.
that's what I thought too
also, I know that I've thrown a water bottle on the touchline when coaching my kids team when either (a) the team scored or (b) won - and its because it just seems like a great way to show relief -

RodM

Voted for Milner as I thought he provided the pivot for the entire team but, in truth, there were so many good performances I could have picked out most of the team. Trent and Robbo were lethal down the wings. VVD and Clyne were solid at the back.

I suppose the mystery is how it ended up being as close on the scoreline. PSG do have some very talented players even if they are incoherent as a team.

Still 3 points in the bag and one big result in hand.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Voted for Milner as I thought he provided the pivot for the entire team but, in truth, there were so many good performances I could have picked out most of the team. Trent and Robbo were lethal down the wings. VVD and Clyne were solid at the back.

I suppose the mystery is how it ended up being as close on the scoreline. PSG do have some very talented players even if they are incoherent as a team.

Still 3 points in the bag and one big result in hand.
Great description!

Incoherent.

Only sense it makes, I guess, is when Deloitte releases their annual squad value report.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Trent, Robertson, Wijnaldum and Milner were absolutely colossal. They just won everything, worked much harder than their counterparts and were just too aggressive for them to deal with.

An excellent team performance, and for the fourth time in a row (Brighton excepted, maybe) a 1 goal victory flatters our opponents massively.

Napoli drawing in Belgrade means a win away at Naples pretty much secures our qualification already. Wouldn't that be nice?