• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool 3 Cardiff 1

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
gb1986 said:
Think you're doing a bit of a discredit to Cardiff in the second half too.
I don't think so.

They obviously came out and had a go, and good on them for that. But had we maintained the pace and intensity of the first half we'd have blown them away.

There was definitely an eye on City/Chelsea in the second, and quite a few of the players went to walking pace.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
No point talking about Suarez because whats left to say and again rightly so he took the plaudits yesterday but the assist from Henderson for the first goal was different class and had it been Gerrard or Coutinho we'd be raving about it and the ball to set Suarez away for the second goal was just special again had either of the others hit that ball we'd be talking about it for weeks.

Our second half performance was poor i think we lost something when Flanno went off it just made us take the foot off the gas. However our form since the Hull game allows us an indifferent when 3-0 up. Also thought for 99% of his performance Sakho was fantastic the guy is a tank.

m.degreek

great result with a good chance being top for crimbo only negative for me was skrtels holding from set pieces this must be sorted

Claymenza

Also worth noting, Flanagan is no slouch going forward. I think Rodgers pulled him aside and noticed there is untapped potential offensively.

He hit the post did he not?

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Claymenza said:
Also worth noting, Flanagan is no slouch going forward. I think Rodgers pulled him aside and noticed there is untapped potential offensively.

No he had the ball cleared off the line.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
liverpool_singh said:
Sterling wasn't offside. I was worried about it initially but if you see the replay when Suarez plays the ball Sterling is level with him. But he does need to be more aware of his surroundings though as there was no need for him to sprint along at that pace and risk being offside for such an easy chance. He has done it a couple of times before where he is too careless and gets ahead of everyone to go offside. Hopefully that will come with experience!

Also all the goals here:
http://goal.lfc.vn/s14-w17-goals-liverpool-cardiff/
The key position there isnt Sterling its the linesman. he could never call offside from there.....and if he did he'd be lyunched!

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Claymenza said:

A header just over the bar, and almost linked up the cross from Moses in the final minute. He ran HARD to get to that ball in the 90th minute.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
therealkeano1 said:
No from a sterling cross. Coutunho hit the post earlier on.
No. Flanagans effort also hit the post before it rolled across the line.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Didn't see the game at all but delighted with our form and how the team is playing. Suarez is just unreal and Henderson is playing really well in the last few games. I have been a critic of his this season and especially last but credit where its due he has had 5 great games this season and in the last two in particular. So fair play to him, his graft and heart are helping him go to next level, hopefully.

Long may it continue. YNWA.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Luis Suarez is the best player in the league.That last goal where he curled it in was harder than it looked.

python.failure

Lucas or Allen said:
Luis Suarez is the best player in the league.That last goal where he curled it in was harder than it looked.
He has some spots where he can make the same amazing shots over and over. That strange shot from there is one of those, here you have it in the world cup in south africa, against South Korea:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlJ_CcGZN8

OhYaBeauty

python.failure said:
He has some spots where he can make the same amazing shots over and over. That strange shot from there is one of those, here you have it in the world cup in south africa, against South Korea:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlJ_CcGZN8
Fucking vuvuzelas.

If memory serves he had a similar curler against Stoke in his first season for Liverpool.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
OhYaBeauty said:
Fucking vuvuzelas.

If memory serves he had a similar curler against Stoke in his first season for Liverpool.
Shortly after he 'megged one of their players. Classic Suarez.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Mascot88 said:
Shortly after he 'megged one of their players. Classic Suarez.
You mean this one? yea, it's a goodie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jfnXHa6xbY