POST MATCH: Liverpool 4-0 Fulham

Lucas

Great performance but it was Fulham we were playing, let's not get carried away

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Most important result of this game was a full 90 minutes of hard work. Didn't give up any bad chances that I saw (was partly watching at work) but had the commentary on

Yes, we played a deflated side but Berbatov is always dangerous for a cheap goal.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Walk in the park...not really competitive.

Difficult to say whether our individuals stepped up a level after Arsenal because the away team were so very poor.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
MarkMcC said:
That's it I'm starting up a fund for Gasband to get a season ticket. 1st match and 4 nil. Keep that lad in Liverpool
So happy for that fella. He must be having the time of his life right now. And Skrtel scored too!

RMP

TIA First Team
Great result especially with Chelsea dropping two points

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
I projected points to be lost against Arsenal before the season even started, so I saw this match as being more important as it would be an indicator if we could bounce back.

Bounce back we did, and in style as well.

Now that England has already qualified, let's hope Gerrard and co. don't injure themselves in meaningless England friendlies. (Touch wood)

Though for Suarez, his country might still need him for the playoff against Jordan, and they might see him at coming into form at just the right moment.

As long as Suarez no longer decides he wants to take a bite out of someone's arm, the 2013/14 Premier League top scorer is his to lose.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Man of the Match falls on 2 players... Gerrard or Henderson. I give it to Henderson because he was all over the pitch forcing errors out of everyone. Gerrard and Henderson combination take a lot of sting out of their attack, and leaving our defence having not much to do in the game. That also allowed our fullbacks overlapping and that is very significant in our attacking game because Johnson terrorised their left back at every single turn he had.

The pressing from Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho not allowing them to leave their own half is a wonderful sight. That won us the game. Gerrard's passing dictated the tempo of the game as well.

Our keeper was so free, I believe I saw Mignolet having a cup of tea and a scone all by himself. :D

We are now second, 2 points away from Arsenal. :Let's hope everyone below us finishing with only 1 point this weekend, for us to open up a small gap before our derby match.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
RMP said:
Great result especially with Chelsea dropping two points
yeah but they should of lost.. fucking stupid call saved them....

any ways total domination today by us... Hendo was setting up everyone today.. everyone was good really but Hendo seemed like MOM for me

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Semmy said:
Most important result of this game was a full 90 minutes of hard work. Didn't give up any bad chances that I saw (was partly watching at work) but had the commentary on

Yes, we played a deflated side but Berbatov is always dangerous for a cheap goal.
This.

Excellent performance and we kept going right to the end and didn't allow them an inch.

Another very good show from Hendo, but MOTM has to be Suarez.

abcd

3rd routine home win in a row and crucially the first clean sheet since the end of August. Reeling off routine wins against the sides Liverpool should be beating will be key to keeping pace with the top sides. Pity not to add another couple of goals but can't complain. Fulham are a poor and ageing side especially on the road and with morale low once the breakthrough was made quickly followed by the 2nd the game was over. Pity to see Chelsea get a dubious late leveller against WBA but it shows that was a good result as they have now gone to Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea and picked up results.

Roll on the derby game after the international break.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
Things looked very fluid up front...clearly the opponent helped, but we cannot discount the Coutinho effect and the link up he provides with the midfield.

Also nice to see two solid halves....we need to continue that consistency.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
How shit are Fulham. Berbatov is a disgrace, absolute zero workrate - the anti-Suarez. We won't have many easier games than this.

Still needed beating though and we go second again, with Chelsea dropping two points against a team we smashed. Luis clear MOTM, but Lucas, Skrtel, Agger and Henderson all very good.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
It was easy but we, unsurprisingly, we eased off a bit too much in the second half. Yes, I know we had plenty of chances in the 2nd but we did'nt press withe same intensity that we did in the first. That probably sounds churlish, but the goal has to be to win the league, either this season or next, and developing a killer instinct like that is what separates league winners from runners up.

Having said that, it was an impressive performance against unimpressive opposition. The real test is the next game.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
3pts. 4 goals. clean sheet.

Really easy 90 mins.
Very poor Fulham side.

gb1986

So once again i miss the match due to work and once again we win. I think that confirms it then, i won't be watching any live games for the rest of the season.

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
Would have been quite a perfect day had the fucking Chavs not got out of jail scott free with a penalty in Fergie time, earning them a point.

Edit: WTF was I typing? The Palace v Everton only just started. I looked at the league table and assumed they had played.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Nice to see us smashing the teams we're supposed to be smashing. That's always good. Now if we can just grab some points in the hard games, this could be a good season.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Mascot88 said:
How shit are Fulham. Berbatov is a disgrace, absolute zero workrate - the anti-Suarez. We won't have many easier games than this.

Still needed beating though and we go second again, with Chelsea dropping two points against a team we smashed. Luis clear MOTM, but Lucas, Skrtel, Agger and Henderson all very good.
How often did Agger and Lucas touch the ball? Them two, Cissokho and Mignolet could have been at afternoon tea and we'd still have cruised this.

Archer

TIA First Team
Main positive today was Coutinho back and looking sharp. Crucial to how we play.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
This is the performance I'm talking about. A good 90 minutes...I also liked how the team pressed hard.Gerrard today looked immense especially his set-pieces and his runs. This should be how we're playing. it seems that the henderson-lucas- Allen midfield looked really energetic..Johnson showed simply that replacing him would be a tall order....henderson did pretty well with his assist, I think he's due a Ramsey season soon..

Two points we need to address. One is cissokho. He still can't show any much ability forward. Enrique in his second-half cameo showed far much more. Next, the strikers' mental fortitude. Someone gotta tell them to calm down in the penalty box.It's only a matter of time they score. I worry for sturridge if he doesn't score in a game. He tends to take it badly and becomes a wee bit selfish. I hope sturridge can learn from suarez today as suarez showed that patience is the key to scoring.

DCJ

TIA Youth Team
Today was a good day at the office. Spot on in every department. Thank you one and all.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
As one sided as they come. That was the perfect tonic ahead of the Bitters. Man of the match goes to Henderson not only for his endless running but also because he produced an end product, which is not always the case with him. Anyway there was no one to falter with many playing exceptionally well.

We should be guarded though because Fulham is the worse team we've come across. We need to start producing these kind of performances against stronger opposition as well.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
SirBillShankly said:
As was Johnson, how we have missed them both.
I'd love to see his average field position - there are likely right forwards in a 4-3-3 who have averaged a deeper spot on the field.

Earlier in the season, I though Fulham was better than their results, but they were hapless today. Palace were overmatched but I thought they showed some fight. I don't know what has happened at Fulham to leave them so weak at the back, but if it was Jol's doing, I cannot see him turning them around. There is something amusing about watching Berbatov playing in a team like that cannot get the ball.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Don't think we learnt much there apart from Fulham will be needing a new manager next week. I think that's our best formation when playing against Premier League (Division Two) teams like Fulham and that's probably (with Enrique in for Cissokho) our best line-up.

I've not felt more confident going into a game all season. They are terrible and the only disappointment was that it should have been a lot more. Would have been nice to have seen Coutinho or one or two of the midfielders chip in with a goal rather than relying on Suarez again. Still it was good to see Skrtel get a trademark header and 'Own Goal' find his shooting boots at long last this season.