Post match: Liverpool 4-0 Red Star (UCL 24/10/2018 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander Arnold

• Gomez

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 46 32.4%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Shaqiri [off 68’]

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • Salah [GOAL 44’, 51’(p), off 72’]

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’]

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 79’]

• Lallana [on 68’]

• Sturridge [on 72’]

• Moreno [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Coulda shoulda been a cricket score. Excellent performance up and down - loved Shaqiri in the midfield role. Front three seemed to start clicking, roll on Cardiff.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
What a lovely lovely performance.. Started sluggish with a lot of long ball nonesense.. Remembered what pass and move is and bish bash bosh what a fucking stonker of a goal, perfect team goal..

Two mentions as the entire team was fucking boss tonight.

Shaqiri stepped up to take the Oxlade role which has been sorely lacking, have created so much space for our front and kept putting it on a plate for them.

Fabinho.. Worth the fucking wait..9 tackles and one interception, 3 aerials won, two key passes and 89.4% passing accuracy.He is going to be a fucking monster, what a player.

Let’s kick on, coz when we shifted through the gears we fucking flew. Some beautiful football.

[email protected]

The biggest 3 religion worldwide Christ,Muslim,LFC
WELL DONE REDMEN!!!
Fabinho my motd couse he grow up his game once he got that Feeling playing in front of the KOP!
Can we please make a request every premier league game to call it a Champions league one cause when it matters we are there as we know us at best.
UP the REDS.
p.s. i m wishing a Champions league finale with Borussia Dortmund against us and us get the better of them at the end:wave:

kwala

TIA Regular
Started poorly, but grew and grew and grew as the game went on. Shaqiri MOM by miles. He was the reason we were 2 up and in a position to find a little of what we are capable of.

Fabinho was very impressive too, as were Gini, Gomez, Robertson and Firmino.

Still not playing with that fluidity, or swagger we had last season, but today is the first time I've seen shoots of that popping up again.

Last edited:

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Job done ......... normal service resumed ........ they simply couldn’t live with us from around 20 minutes in ........

What a team ...... what a squad ........ Fabinho .......... Shaqiri .......... even Studge ........

Get Keita firing and Ox back and we’re really in business .......

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
Now THAT was a proper Liverpool performance.

MOTM candidates: Shaq, Fabinho, and Robertson for me. Give it to Shaq, though probably not one for every game, we’ve clearly found a leading candidate to be the creative link between midfield and attack.

Credit to Red Star, at least early in the game, they came to play, and didn’t resort to kicking lumps out of us until late in the game, out of frustration.

Both penalty calls were a bit dubious, but doesn’t matter as one was saved and we won easily from the goals in open play.

Great result for us in the Napoli-PSG game, as well.

Crucial match for the group stage is now going to be our reverse fixture. Win in Belgrade, and we’re in cruise control. But expect a very hostile environment there.

Fabinho was really really good, barring 1 or 2 loose passes. Really liked he and Gini together, they make a good pairing, and especially liked how each drove forward with the ball when it was on, putting Red Star under pressure. Not as much of the horizontal passing, thank god.

Robertson is a treasure.

Sturridge is our super sub of the season, quite useful every time he comes on, always a threat, and his passing was outstanding.

red star were poor,but i think thats the best football we have played this season,thought they all played well,but robertson is a machine,never stops running,gini i thought was very good,fabhinio will be a star i thought he ran out of steam a bit,shaquiri mom for me,sturridge was good when he came on, and the front 3 were so much better,firmino never stopped all night,mane was a bit wasteful but i think hes always like that,we need to carry it on now against cardiff to keep the ball rolling,if we can improve on this for the rest of the season i think we have a strong chance in the premiership and the champions league.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Man of the match is between the referee, Shaqiri or Robertson. Since the ref is not in the list I have it to Shaqiri. We had a pretty cold start with like ya of nervy and hopeful long ball. As soon as Firmino put us in front, things changed. We were more commanding and assertive.

Fabinho started slow and picks up as the game wears on. I think he won the most tackles and nothing seemed to get past him, add those searching passes from deep. He’s going to fit right in that fella. Shaqiri was all action today, both first half goals were his doing. The through ball to Robertson and chip to Salah. He had a very good game.

The rest of the pack gets up to speed it seems and passing gets slickier as well. I hope this is the start of our goals galore.

The two towers of Gomez and Van Dijk allowed Alisson to take his siesta in the entire second half. Well rested. Wijnaldum was impressive with his runs and closing players down.

Mane needs to clear his head. He goes down quite often and too easily. Best he concentrate on his shots and passes, than his play acting and diving. Salah is still not 100% and Firmino gets into the game more as the game went on.

Great result and good practice ahead of Cardiff match. This is a lighter version of Warnock, but dirty as hell nonetheless.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Decent performance and result. Took us a bit of time to settle but once we did we picked them apart.

Great game from Shaq, some superb touches especially the first two goals. He's looking a great signing, probably been the best of any of our new signings bar maybe Allison. Did think Fabinho played well tonight too. Certainly his best outing for us.

Good results elsewhere for us too so we go top of the group now, need to keep it rolling at Cardiff on the weekend, get a few more goals for the front 3 and build some confidence and fluidity. Hopefully Spurs can do a job against City.

Redopium

Look back to our best tonight could have scored more, after the first 15 mins we completely took over and bossed it, once we settled down shaqiri and Fabinho looked impressive and played some brilliant stuff along with gini in midfield al front three looked lively and all scored, our defence is just solid and poor Alisson must have been bored. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

T.C.B

Fabinho was very impressive I though. Alisson, VVD and Fabinho are proper men mountains on the pitch too which is the first real spine we have had in years. Gomez has the potential to go to the very very top of the game too. Its not much of an exaggeration to say that a newcomer to football would be hard pressed to say who was the 75M player from Joe and Virgil. Shaq was sublime at times too it has to be said, Gini not far behind either. Bobby started to look more and more like the main man as the game wore on.
I keep saying it but I want to see Fab, Nab, Gini combination in the middle.