Post match: Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City (27/10/18 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Lovren

• Van Dijk

• Moreno

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Lallana [off 61’]

• Salah [GOAL 10’]

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • Firmino [off 71’]

• Mane [GOAL 65’, GOAL 86’]

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Shaqiri [on 61’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Milner [on 71’]

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Moreno, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Salah back to his best, Mane scoring screamers again, all's well.. Good start to what is a run of 7 games where we should take maximum points..

Hopefully a few lessons learnt than we must put teams to the sword, we cannot be complacent.

Shaqiri a huge difference from the bench, he must play from now on as he really does free up our front 3 to do what they do best.

Redsi73

Thought we were class today.

Mo back to his best, we don't crumble under the pressure of conceeding any more, we are a different team from that of a few years ago.

Fabinho was very good again, very good partnership with Gini there in the making.

4 goals, lovely play, Shaq was quality and back to the top of the league.

Happy Saturday :-)

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Odd game. Started well, scored early then failed to make dominance count. Started second half off the pace, scored a good second, conceded and then turned it on properly after that. Scoreline is comfortable but we weren't at our best for long spells.

That table looks good right now though.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Comfortable win even though we conceded our first goal at Anfield since February and 918 minutes of football. Mo is well and truly back with 2 assists and the opening goal. Mane scoring 2 with a broken thumb. Fabinho looking class and assured. Moreno with no mistakes though he still needs to get tighter to his man. 4-1 didn't really tell the story of the match. We had 80% of possession and gave up just the 1 shot which they scored from. We should have had a few more and even then it wouldn't have flattered us.

Red over the water

Hard to know what to say about that. It was easy for us, but in a way that made it dangerous. We went 2-0 up and didn’t break a sweat. I wanted us to really hammer them, but we let them get back in it with a soft goal, a deflection off Van Dijk put them in for 2-1. Moreno could have stopped the cross, I’m not blaming Van Dijk, but generally the goal was symptomatic of it being too easy for us. At that point I was spitting feathers watching it at home (fortunately the players are more composed than I am) and then we kicked on and ran out easy 4-1 winners.

Sometimes in sport you have to feel the opposition get close to you before you kick on and say “see ya!” I don’t know why it happens, because when one team is so much better than the other you would think they could just wipe the floor with them from the start, but that’s how it often pans out. 4-1 was the right result in the end as we were several goals better than them.

The one niggle is not keeping a clean sheet, as that record stretches back to Feb and it was very impressive, and Cardiff, Cardiff!, were the team to score at Anfield in the league. Oh well.

Three points, top of the league, Gomez and Robertson rested, and more minutes for Lallana to try to make his way back. Can’t complain at any of that.

Now for a 1-1 on Monday between Spurs and Man City and we’ll be out on our own in front.

Maria

I don't know who to give MOTM to.

I thought we played brilliantly overall, we could have and should have scored more goals. Shaquiri really injected a huge amount of energy on the pitch and transformed the team. Lallana wasn't his best (maybe he needs more time), hid Cryuff turns and magical flicks didn't produce much at the end. In my humble opinion, I would put Shaquiri ahead of him in the team. Shaquiri is really hungry, he wants that regular spot and I feel he deserves it.

[email protected]

The biggest 3 religion worldwide Christ,Muslim,LFC
Up the REDS!!
i m happy in my dispair we conceeded one cause Moment of this Show us how good we are at the back.
Supercube is my motd.
Fabinho did great one again.
Our front three starting doing what they do best.
All in all a great Performance as a Team.
Lets Keep it up and bring the next one on.YNWA

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
lalala should start looking for orther team ...i do like him but he is no good for us any more and our MF now is getting crowd...

Our midfield is not crowded at the moment with 3 injured, Henderson , Keita and Ox so giving lalala some minutes is the smart move. Had Shaq not started in midweek he probably would have today so Klopp is just rotating and giving minutes to guys that need it, hence lalala and Moreno getting the start.

T.C.B

Shame about the goal against, it was a bit lucky but Moreno and Lovren both very suspect. When it went in people seemed to loose their shit a bit which was a shame given we were still ahead, how lucky the goal was and how dominant we had been in possession. 86% in the first half ffs.
I agree about Lallana looking rusty but if we aren't going to use him in a home banker after a Midweek game and Arsenal to come when do we give him a run out? Klopp got it spot on today in his selection using Lovren and Moreno and resting Gomez and Robertson even if there is an obvious drop in quality. They were at fault for the goal but wont start against better opposition unless we have injuries. It's all about the squad, not the team.
Fab started his first PL game too with Henderson, Nabby both missing (Ox too) lets not forget.
Fab, Mo, Gini, Sadio and Shaq all played well. Mo was MoM for me.
Cardiff and Warnock can piss off into the championship where they belong.

Last edited: