POST MATCH: Liverpool 4-1 West Brom

RMP

TIA First Team
Jesus what a performance from Suarez. His first hat trick at Anfield

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
After Stoke, that's another bogey team out of the way. This is perfect revenge for them doing the double over us last season. May it continue when we visit them in the reverse fixture.

Bring on Arsenal in "Battle for Top".

(The "Battle for Fourth" label has now been given to the Chelsea v City match. B) )

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Excellent result and great goals from our Magic Imp, with his first hat trick at Anfield, and Dancing On Grass star Sturridge with a sublime goal too.

Walter Sobchak

Great match, but a bit sloppy again in the second half. Lovely goals! WBAs penalty was cheap, IMO the situation with Suarez is a clearer penalty for me. Next weekend we play for the top position! YNWA

gb1986

What i've realised this season, is any matches i have to miss due to work, we win. So, for the good of us all, i'm not going to watch anymore this season...

...I can't do it, sorry lads. Can't wait to see the highlights of this tonight.

R

RedRiot

Great performance. Outstanding individual performance from Luis, but our midfield shape is what made it possible. Playing the 1-2 with Lucas deep and central behind Gerrard and Henderson is clearly so much better than pairing him with Gerrard deep. He must have won the ball back close to twenty times, his passing was fantastic, and Gerrard and Henderson were allowed to do what they do best. No matter what the broader formation is, the 1-2 in CM should remain, even against Arsenal.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Skrtel is a liability with his antics at corners free kicks, hands all over the opposing player! It will result in a pen conceded sooner or later!

Magic Imp is MOTM.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Best performance of the season so far, against an otherwise excellent team, but who were suffocated and eventually crushed by our fluent game, full of pace and purposefulness.

We managed to deny them too many chances, but still look a bit shaky at the back when under pressure though, with a few not so convincing defensive actions from our back trio/quintet...

Still, this is a clear stepping stone towards a better and more consistent performance-level from the players for future matches, and it comes at the right time, just ahead of our trip to the Emirates.

And these goals... wonderful... :cheers:

RedLaw

JFT96
Wow, what a game.

Suarez was unstoppable, simply world class. Sturridge's goal was absolutely sublime. Can't think of too many better I've seen scored at Anfield. We even hit the crossbar twice and the lads could easily have scored more than four today.

Still have a few defensive issues but going forward we were close to perfect today.

Bring on Arsenal next weekend!

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
The team has to focus......it seems our second half performance always taper off...Henderson's got to improve more like his decision-making and of course shooting.

There's one part that I am pretty worried about. It seems that west brom's strikers are always able to get behind our defenders for a sustained period of time. At the first half, anelka went close....At the second half, we had crosses peppering from all over the place from West brom. We were pretty lucky not to concede more...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Midfield were excellent, Suarez sublime but still not convinced by the defending. Dropping too deep at times and letting players get in good areas out wide too frequently for my liking.

Great game to watch though, we were treated to a masterclass in finishing today.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
charleslee89 said:
The team has to focus......it seems our second half performance always taper off...Henderson's got to improve more like his decision-making and of course shooting.

There's one part that I am pretty worried about. It seems that west brom's strikers are always able to get behind our defenders for a sustained period of time. At the first half, anelka went close....At the second half, we had crosses peppering from all over the place from West brom. We were pretty lucky not to concede more...
prick.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
I love the hat trick, I love the dancing.

I love 4 goals and confidence going into next weekend!

TBFS

Thoroughly enjoyed that! Never knew you could get a decent stream with a weak 3g signal. World class performance from Suarez and a beautiful goal from Sturridge. Honorable mentions for Gerrard and Hendo with a moch improved performance from Lucas. Reasonably solid at the back too. Kelly seemed 2 yards short of pace but I'm sure he'll be better with time after all the injuries.

Best thing for me was that we went at them with energy and enthusiasm for almost 90 minutes. No more great for 45 minutes then dross, that was a full on dedicated performance.

Almost tempted to give MOTM to Ming as he pulled off some excellent saves which sort of get ignored in the face of Suarez's brilliance. All round very good display and seems we're hitting form on the way to play Arsenal.

Best thing? We now have a contender for "stupidest post of the season" ;)

Keep it up Liverpool, I'm starting to dream.......

TheSweetSilverSong

Revenge baby!!! :)

Over the moon with the 4 fantastic goals,

delighted we had a good 2nd half with 2 goals,

relieved we did not come drowsy off the dressing room after HT,

screamed my lungs out for the Suarez hat-trick! :)

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
charleslee89 said:
Was I wrong?
We just beat a decent team, 4-1. Focus on the positives,our goals. glass half full and all that. Talk about our goals. Smile and enjoy the three points.

TBFS

charleslee89 said:

You make Rich sound like Mr Motivator. Did you watch the same game? The one where they only scored one from a dodgey penalty and we scored 4? Against a team we normally have real trouble with?

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
i never thought i would say this.... skrtel missed 2 open chances... really happy with the game...
but yes defence need to still be sorted out...

Good performance all round. The link up play at times was sensational (completely opposite of the Newcastle game) and all the goals very well taken. Will be great to have Coutinho back but I would be tempted to stick with the same line up against Arsenal (unless we go back to a 4-3-3 formation with Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge up front).

R

RedRiot

That was easily our best performance of the season, for potential moaners. We gave up a few minor chances on the counter but nothing substantial, and that definitely wasn't a penalty. We were excellent in midfield and up top, and our CBs mostly handled what came at them. I know there's a a lot of criticism of Cissokho, but I like the width and controlled dribbling ability he brings to the left back position. Suarez made that pass an assist but he's done that for Enrique on more than one occasion. He just seems to more often know what he wants to do on the ball than Jose. I think he's growing into the team well.

Wouldn't think we should make any changes for next week. Everyone playing exactly how and where they were today. If Johnson is out, that might be a concern, but you kind of doubt it. Don't think Coutinho necessarily comes back in despite his quality. If we're lacking goals in the second half perhaps. But Jordan was fantastic pressing high (if only he could shoot!) and our midfield looked balanced for the first time all season.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
SirBillShankly said:
We just beat a decent team, 4-1. Focus on the positives,our goals. glass half full and all that. Talk about our goals. Smile and enjoy the three points.
TBFS said:
You make Rich sound like Mr Motivator. Did you watch the same game? The one where they only scored one from a dodgey penalty and we scored 4? Against a team we normally have real trouble with?
Our goals were no doubt beautiful.All of it were moments of brilliant individual skills. However, we simply can't ignore the existing problems like the 2nd half syndrome and how we actually sat so deep and gave them too much space.

I know we actually won against a bogey team. It's good to celebrate but if we want to be really be in top 4 this season, we need to reduce the occurence of the second half syndrome and the problem of players losing their concentration during the passage of play.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
charleslee89 said:

There's always one, isn't there...