• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Liverpool 4-3 Swansea

OhYaBeauty

Yep. Our defense is shit. But we all knew that and frankly as long as you score four a game you could get by with a defense of Djimi Traores in most matches.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Need to repair my desk after breaking it when we scored the 4th, such was the importance of the goal. We're going to win the league! :)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Unconvincing stuff, but at least we get the three points, which is the only thing which matters at the end of the day.

Reactions: TFC

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
3 points - end of.

Dagger & Skrtel is not good enough to be a future CB pairing.

Suarez needs a goal, whinging when he doesn't get a pass that was never on and taking on chances that aren't chances.

Hendo oozing class, as was Allen - really impressive.

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
Marvelous game. Important win. Not for the first time recently, I don't know if we necessarily deserved the three points, but we got 'em. We're really an annoying team to play against.

Ssneo

TIA Youth Team
yah...we are now the highest scorers in the league....now for the defense

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Hendo was smashing, another 3 points.

Desperately need a new CB come summer though.

Sentimentality isn't going to win us anything, I love Agger and to a lesser degree Skrtel but they're not working.

Bringing Allen on for Sterling was very intelligent, gave Hendo more freedom.

Redbelly

TIA Youth Team
de·fense
[dih-fens or especially for 7, 9, dee-fens] Show IPA
noun 1. resistance against attack; protection:

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
We won, but what the hell was that? :blink: Stop wasting the good efforts of our goal scorers, defence!

Swansea even had less time to rest than we do due to them being in the Europa League.

3 points is 3 points. Learn from these fucking mistakes and be vigilant against Southampton.

zooz

TIA Youth Team
Realty check especially for those dare to say "title race".

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Massive result. Allen sub won the match. Best player on the pitch for his time on it.

Somebody teach these guys how to defend. Having to score 4 at Anfield just to scrape through a win is simply unacceptable. Can't wait to have Sakho back.

lfc.8

Vital win. But the performance was nowhere up to scratch. Lack of composure on the ball. Defence and midfield were worrisome at times. Sturridge also needs to provide more service to Suarez. Suarez needs more service.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Don't people enjoy watching for the thrills? Of course I hate when Liverpool don't win, but tight games are entertaining. As are goal-fests... dire 2-0 games are the worst.

Happy we won! Hopefully we are reinforcing in BR's mind... the need for changes to our defensive personnel.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
liverpool_singh said:
Somebody teach these guys how to defend. Having to score 4 at Anfield just to scrape through a win is simply unacceptable. Can't wait to have Sakho back.
Had Kolo started - we wouldn't have lost that many goals. Fact.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
For the love of God, someone comes to drill our defence please....

Did we leak more goals since the lost of Lucas or something? Or it's just our defense being shit overall?

Heck, this is not good for my heart

jimbo

TIA Regular
Omg what has happend to our defence ?

Total joke

But hopefully Norwich can do us a favour today

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It is as much Brendan Rodgers' fault as it was the defenders. Cissokho found his feet of late, natural left back and fit to play, the manager went on to reshuffle the back line with Johnson playing left back. First goal conceded came from his side and so was the third. Many times he got caught in possession trying to sort his feet out. Often not finding his man with his passes. So why did we do that? I have no clue.

Lucky to get all 3 points. Mr. Brendan Rodgers, please stop playing Johnson out of position and unfit. He was a liability!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
that was shocking defending, and I am not even talking about the back 4.
Midfield didn't press , didn't sit back, I don't know what they were doing.

I feel violated.

but than again, 3 points. I will sleep easy at night.

Walter Sobchak

SoueysTash said:
Had Kolo started - we wouldn't have lost that many goals. Fact.
Regardless of his recent brainfarts, I think you're absolutely right.

Well well, happy but worried.

Hendo MOTM no doubt. Allen was very good when he came on. Suarez needs a goal soon. He's starting to go sour.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Bit of a shambles that really but the overwhelming feeling is one of relief

While fun to watch, Roy Evans and Kevin Keegan did not win too many trophies as managers for a reason. Things to work on. And a few may be fearing for their futures come the summer

Composure, composure,composure...

All the same, glad we won but having to bring on defenders as subs was telling. Dreadful performance by the back 4. Good thing Henderson was sharper than usual on attack really. Can forgive Flanagan as he had no pretentions to being top quality at this point, but the other 3 don't have that excuse and should be looking over their shoulders

Libero

Need a new centre half in the summer to partner sahko

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
lfc.eddie said:
It is as much Brendan Rodgers' fault as it was the defenders. Cissokho found his feet of late, natural left back and fit to play, the manager went on to reshuffle the back line with Johnson playing left back. First goal conceded came from his side and so was the third. Many times he got caught in possession trying to sort his feet out. Often not finding his man with his passes. So why did we do that? I have no clue.

Lucky to get all 3 points. Mr. Brendan Rodgers, please stop playing Johnson out of position and unfit. He was a liability!
Defensive problems are resolved once Sakho comes back - it aint the fullbacks that are the problem.

Kolo/Skrtel would've done far better than Agger/Skrtel

LiVeRp0oL89

Well done everyone bar the defence... pitiful.

Think its finally time for me to admit that one of Agger or Skrtel should go in the summer.. Sure we'll get a bid for one of them from somewhere. We need more steel and that can't just be from Sakho.

Another massive 3 points, and my heart is fucked.. again!

brush85

Who was the dude who said we handed 4th to spurs? Nah mate, we are chasing the top spot!

They can't all be good performances but they can be effective enough to move along.

Claymenza

I know martin Kelly has had injury issues but why not give him a run out at centre back?

Eddie, I wouldn't say Johnson was at fault for the first goal. routledge ran circles around our midfield with excellent ball control, and dyer somehow square the ball to the center of the field that Johnson can't do anything about.

As a full back, you're not supposed to chase a ball that goes towards the middle. So please elaborate how he was at fault for the first goal?

I'm not his biggest fan, I think he's overpaid, but it's not like he gets beat on takeons or gives up the ball in the defensive third. The only real glaring error I'd say is his marking on set pieces. He just can't stick on his man.

In my opinion, being good at defending setpieces should take precedence over attacking ability for a full back. Skrtel had an absolute mare. Not sure how Rodgers will have the confidence to start him next game. Sakho and Toure for me.

rafa won't be able to sign both his favorite center backs.