• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Liverpool 4 Everton 0

OhYaBeauty

I have to say, I always thought that terms like "fluid front three" were a myth and that "interchange of positions" didn't actually happen outside of Catalonia. I thought that there was no way we could manage in a 1-2 midfield shape with Coutinho as one of the 2 (I've always thought Gerrard might work as the 1, but that's another discussion). I thought we'd have a really rough time with so many players out.
I have never been so wrong in all my life. That was fucking Excellent. The first ten minutes, before the Gerrard goal, were some of the best free-flowing passing football I've seen in ages. The team's understanding of each other's movement and willingness to press in defense and offense was immense.

Further, I'm soooooooo ridiculously happy that we can can it with the whining about Ayre and FSG and the transfer market for just a little while and just focus on that marvelous, beautiful spectacle we all just witnessed. Anyway, here are the goals:

(sorry to the mods if the gifs make the thread load slowly)

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
Fantastic game from all!!

Stevie MOTM for me...after a rough last match (which I criticized) he looked great in his DM role.

Sturridge, Suarez and Skrtel also outstanding. 3 points, clean sheet Fantastic!!

brush85

All my fear and worrying was for nothing...that was the best league game we have had in years, better than spurs.

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
Doggie said:
One of the best results in memory.

Totally professional, totally brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Great win for you lot. you were out of this world tonight. you could have won by 6 or 7. everton were awful but you made them look bad

you sent a message tonight big time it has to be said. can,t wait for game at anfield between two of us in ten days.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Fuck, this feels so great....

The only thing ruined it is our strikers argued over who should score more. But whatever, you guys are fuckign awesome

rab

So who is going to be the first doom monger to try and find something wrong with that. I dare them to raise their head above the parapet with some criticism about that performance.

Simple brilliant.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
That was absolutely superb ... so many positives, Flanno perfect, Kelly really solid when he came on, Sterling had a stormer as did Luis and Daniel.

What a header and leadership shown by Stevie G ... these games mean so much to him. With Arsenal dropping points tonight this sets us up perfectly to take them next game.

So happy.

KraznyIvan

Fantastic performance all round.

4th safe for now.

SAS on the scoresheet. Sturridge only has himself to blame for not getting the 3rd. Coutinho was immense.

Massive praise to Hendo and Gerrard. Didnt put a foot wrong all night and the rest of our defence looked assured as a result.

Also praise for the bench. Kelly looked great, Alberto replaced coutinho ably and even Moses looked energised.

Not getting to sleep easily tonight!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Absolutely excellent game and fully deserved to win this by more. Loved that they only got one or two chances and the clean sheet will hopefully give our defense some confidence. Loads of contenders for Motm but has to be Stevie for me, he seemed to be exactly where needed and played the DM role to perfection while also getting forward occasionally. Hoping for a City/Spurs draw now, will leave us 6 points off the top and 2 points clear of 5th.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Perfect victory. Resounding scoreline, no injuries, cleansheet. What more can we wish for?
Given our lack of midfield options, I don't think we could have done any better tactically.

Edit: Love Sturridges post match reaction. Mans up, blames himself and apologizes.

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
Hold my hands up... Absolutely wrong about the setup today. Didn't get to watch the match but will after work. I feel this may be the most crucial result of our season thus far... Let's hope the momentum continues!

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Made up about the game/result. Dunno what's happened to BR's possession game and if we keep playing like that I don't really give a damn.

Sterling effort all round. Well played reds.

Shame i had to watch it on a stream in a bar while everyone else was watching the Mancs. What a boring sour bunch they were while I'm screaming and leaping up and down at my lappy. Think they enjoyed watching me more than their game. Who cares about them though.

More of the same vs West Brom and Arse please :)

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
The local LFC support pub is having one today. Glad I made the hour drive into the city.

BR should be proud of the lads and give them a proper thanks in the dessing room

mr mustard

TIA Reserve Team
Nice match. Made me remember when Carragher had a talk to Arbeloa. :)

How come Howard wasn't sent off?

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
rab said:
So who is going to be the first doom monger to try and find something wrong with that. I dare them to raise their head above the parapet with some criticism about that performance.

Simple brilliant.
Sturridge is rubbish, he can't even score a penalty!!!! ;)

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Wonderful game, brilliant to watch and vital points. Coutinho was MOTM and Sturridge close secondbut for his penalty. Good to see a clean sheet and fair play to Cissohko for playing fairly well, just don't run up the wing please mate. Flanno needs to start for the next few games because he is looking better and better and it was great to see Kelly back. Special mention to Skrtel for not pulling any shirts tonight, i hope that shows up in the stats. :D

Overall, brilliant but with one request. Please start Alberto because in that 15 mins he was on, his touch and passing was sublime and we need to see more of him please.

FSG, i hope you were watching. This is our best chance in years in getting fourth and believe me i didn't think it was possible to jump from 7th to 4th but i'm starting to believe. Get a DM and winger in asap.

YNWA.

ubermick

He's gone! HE'S GONE!!!!
Admin
Take that, you bitter, sock robbing, coin throwing bastards.

For as brilliant as Sturridge was first half, his selfishness got the better of him in the second. Understand him wanting the hat trick, but seemed to forget that he was part of a team, and not the Daniel Sturridge Show. And Cissokho is so horrific, it's borderline funny.

But other than that… WHEEEE!

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
A most emphatic win against the upstart Blueshites, who were just starting getting a bit arrogant since that 3-3 draw. Promptly put them Bitters in their place - i.e. Below Liverpool.

People accuse us of being a 1-man, 2-man team, but where is this "strong Everton" now that Lukaku is off injured?

Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
rab said:

Simple brilliant.
Rodgers was wrong in waiting so long in bringing on Alberto.......................... :rolleyes:

CanadianRed

well done boys .... for me the great point from tonight is how Coutinho and Sterling got stuck in as you Brits say , nice to see especially with the thin MF we have these days ....weathered the early Everton push then showed our offensive class ....much better from Stevie G in his deep role ... and Srktel was immense tonight .... only down point again was Cissokho , please get fit Martin so Flanno can move to the left ... YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE

redandwhite3

Arsenal Fan Here in Peace
ubermick said:
Take that, you bitter, sock robbing, coin throwing bastards.

For as brilliant as Sturridge was first half, his selfishness got the better of him in the second. Understand him wanting the hat trick, but seemed to forget that he was part of a team, and not the Daniel Sturridge Show. And Cissokho is so horrific, it's borderline funny.

But other than that… WHEEEE!
Got to say sturridge is one signing. Magnificent striker with pace and movement and he destoryed everton tonight.

well done on derby win.