• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Liverpool 4 Everton 0

5euros

TIA Legend
Made them look like the mediocre outfit they are. A pleasure to watch. Time to focus on the next game.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Canuck33 said:
Not a preacher, me. Choir boy you could be, but not suggesting it. Amigo? Das kommt mir spanisch vor.
Sorry. Spent too much time drinking in Mexico last few years. Guten nacht

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I love the fact we made them look absolutely shit. Make no mistake, Liverpool are a level or 2 above these shithouses.

Claymenza

I always knew gerrard was potent in the air. We've never seen him on the end of it since he's always sending the set pieces. good variation though.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
What would we do without Sturridge and Suarez? Their quality shine throughout the game, and chances fell to them most like be ending up in the net. A couple of things strike me is the way we played as counter attacking team instead of that "death by football" stuff the manager used to preach. He is playing adapting style and using our strength to the fullest while exploiting their weakness of not having Distinct and Coleman. Then Lady Luck smile at us, as Lukaku fell awkwardly and got his ankle done by his own team mate, another loaner who lost his marker in our first goal. Cousin to the man who put us in front. Football at its best.

Once Lukaku went off we just let them pressed us while we stay compact. Their attack was toothless and ours were lethal. One mistake and you are punished. Make a world of difference playing Coutinho in the middle.

Oh special mention to Dane. He said it, each time he went to Anfield and watch he game against the bitters we won. And his streak continue, and may it continue for long, long time....

Reactions: ptt

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Made it home at 11 PM to watch the game
Only to find the schedule change meant that my DVR started recording right AFTER we scored the 4th.
I couldn't process the disappointment at not being able to watch the game with the joy of seeing that scoreline
Brilliant

Semmy

Ad-free Member
BostonMick said:
Made it home at 11 PM to watch the game
Only to find the schedule change meant that my DVR started recording right AFTER we scored the 4th
I couldn't process the disappointment at not being able to watch the game with the joy of seeing that scoreline
Brilliant
try fm.lfc.vn the guy is awesome

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Massive result, like I said no need to panic as half of the people on here we're doing leading up the game. Watching it again now, what a game. I am so pleased to see Flanno back more than anything, he is just pure no nonsense heart and soul red, gives his all and is the polar opposite of what tripe Johnson has served up this season with his dithering on the ball, why fuck about watch and learn glen, flaninhio will show ya how it's done. Favorite part of the game? Skrtel stomping forward on a break leaving the defence behind, desperate to get in on the act. The blueshite were battered, how sweet. Now let's do the same to those gooners.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
MrRinsin said:
Massive result, like I said no need to panic as half of the people on here we're doing leading up the game. Watching it again now, what a game. I am so pleased to see Flanno back more than anything, he is just pure no nonsense heart and soul red, gives his all and is the polar opposite of what tripe Johnson has served up this season with his dithering on the ball, why fuck about watch and learn glen, flaninhio will show ya how it's done. Favorite part of the game? Skrtel stomping forward on a break leaving the defence behind, desperate to get in on the act. The blueshite were battered, how sweet. Now let's do the same to those gooners.
get in Skrts! Probably 3-4 times today I yelled that!

kopite1982

Superb result. Just what we needed. HUGE statement. Sterling looks amazing at the minute. One thing i do want to mention is cissokho. Yet again he was poor & i dont know how long we can carry him in this team. I really hope if we only get one player in its a LB. Go bang £20m on luke shaw. (Dreaming)

Well done redmen.over the moon with this result.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
The only thing that is keeping me from watching that game again is episode 2 of season 4 of Shameless in hopes of seeing Fiona's tits again.

Bonnar-Of-The-Kop

Keeping It Simple
My, My, who saw that coming?!

If you want to know how to play counter-attack at home and still win comfortably, this is the match to watch. Great performance from every man in Red last night. Even Cissoko had a good game! The Back 5 was very good but special mention to Flanno here, that boy is bad for derbies. Whenever the ball even looked like coming down our right he was switched on and chasing the ball down like a terrier with paprika shoved up it's arse. But this game was won by our midfield/forwards. I've never seen pressing like it. Vs Spurs we dominated the game via possession, moving the ball forward before slicing them apart. Today, we used a different approach resulting in the same result. Knowing Everton kill teams by building from the back and pulling teams all over the place, BR had us sit back and press out when they got within 35 yards, thus allowing their back line to settle on the half-way mark, exposing them to our biggest asset: Terrifying, unstoppable speed. When Coutinho, Studge, Luis and Sterling all charge forward snapping the ball forward like lightning there aren't many teams around who can live with us.

All in all, our game plan worked a treat, and every player can be proud of that performance.

Special mention for the Cap. SG has had a lot of flak thrown at him this season (sadly, much of it on this site) but he show'd everyone that not only is he still hungry for success, but he has the quality not not just play a new position, but excel in it. Hat off to him, My MOTM.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
kopite1982 said:
Superb result. Just what we needed. HUGE statement. Sterling looks amazing at the minute. One thing i do want to mention is cissokho. Yet again he was poor & i dont know how long we can carry him in this team. I really hope if we only get one player in its a LB. Go bang £20m on luke shaw. (Dreaming)

Well done redmen.over the moon with this result.
Cissokho was absolutely fine.

Compare his performance to the one by Wisdom vs Miralles in Rodgers first season for example and it's night and day. Cissokho is pretty awful on the ball but he was very solid in defence and he really doesn't deserve to be singled out for criticism tonight. Nobody does.

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Great win over the Smurfs. Only way to make it better would be Sturridge scoring his third and a Smurf getting sent off...

They actually played some really good football. I know you true Scousers hate them but to give credit where its due, they played very well in spots.

Which actually made the victory THAT MUCH BETTER...

Why do you guys call them 'Bitters'? Sorry, I'm from New Zealand and just don't get these hateful local rivalries...

grooveshark

Banned Users
Thought Everton were favorites, but credit to the team, everyone showed up.

Best game by Coutinho this season, and it was a wonderful show of counter attacking football.

Only thing that concerns me going forward is Sterling, he is growing as a player but he has to learn to stay on his feet because it wont be too long before he gets a reputation of a diver or a player that goes down too easy.

Add one or two to this group and a CL place is there for the taking.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
Posted Yesterday, 07:57 AM
I've got a 100% win rate watching the mongrels, don't see that changing tonight.

We will do them.
Normal service resumed.
These lot just collapse when they come to Anfield, regardless of whether it's Gollum or the "Thin Spanish waiter" in charge

Awesome performance from Gerrard, special mentions to Coutinho and Sterling, in fact everyone played a part there, even Cissohko.

Amazing atmosphere from the Kop too.

Just warming up for midweek games next season?

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Didn't see the match but followed it till 3:30 at night on the mobile with text commentary.Feeling sleepy in the office right now, but worth it.
Didn't see that coming to be honest, with all our problems.Was scared by the central midfield but kudos to Stevie and Hendo for overshadowing Barry and McCarthy who have been having a wonderful season for Everton.Shows that our attacking players are unplayable on their days.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Dane said:
Normal service resumed.
These lot just collapse when they come to Anfield, regardless of whether it's Gollum or the "Thin Spanish waiter" in charge

Awesome performance from Gerrard, special mentions to Coutinho and Sterling, in fact everyone played a part there, even Cissohko.

Amazing atmosphere from the Kop too.

Just warming up for midweek games next season?
Just keep going mate :)

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Awesome game from what i saw....3 goals up in first half, total humiliation for the smurfs...sturridge should probably learn how to take penalties better the next time and focus more on team performance. other than that, it was a majestic performance. However, there was something really strange in this liverpool team that played last night. They looked really fired-up to the point..I wonder was it due to anger towards the owners and Ian ayre for leaving this team short of quality?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Miss Ryan used to write in my school book in red pen and she HATED me, junior 3 was a horrible experience. ISMF, I'm half tempted to block you for my long term mental health!