• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Liverpool 4 Everton 0

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I'm getting a little sick of this lamenting of the fact they are missing their backline, our entire first choice backline is out injured even if you choose not to play Agger and Sakho together that still leaves us missing 3 of the 4 while they were missing two of 4 if I'm right as Jagelikia and Baines are first choice.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
There was a request a while back to stop posting pointless pictures. I've just deleted a load more. Please stop.

WrongIslander

Mascot88 said:
There was a request a while back to stop posting pointless pictures. I've just deleted a load more. Please stop.
Really? No humour for a thread like this.

For shame.

I'll stop ya proper miserys.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
this is the type of match I will watch a dozen of times... usually when I"m feeling down.. I will re watch great matches like this. :) I could tell in the first 5 - 10 minutes of this match that were were going to kill them... we just looked way better at the start like we had a lot more energy and hunger and a lot more talent.

any ways, did you catch the blue shit fan after Suarez goal????????????? LMAO I was drunk and happy enjoying this one

http://youtu.be/LYBF38PudVc

koptician

We'll go again!
Every time I see a replay of Danny's second goal I cringe a little thinking "oh that's just gonna miss!!"....what. a. finish!

redgingerbread

Honorary Scouser
Sturridge and sterling basically saved us the trouble of coming up with a new song so thank you guys for no more goals!

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
So enjoyable, I had to wake up this morning and fire up the DVR with my cup of coffee to watch it again!

What I noticed on second viewing: there wasn't quite as much interchange in position between Suarez and Sturridge as I had thought. Suarez started both halves up top, but especially in the first half spent about 80% of it on the left wing, with Daniel up top.

Great pressing and defensive work by both Coutinho and Sterling. With Sterling's recent form, I really can't be bothered on missing out on Salah.

Coutinho so much better in the central position.

In possesion, we played a 1-2 midfield with Gerrard deep, but with Everton in possession it was a 2-1 with Hendo dropping along side Gerrard in front of the back line. This seemed to work really well. Just glad Hendo took those blood transfusions from Dirk Kuyt before he left to keep up that stamina!

I still want a fullback in this transfer window. Flanno is doing a great job, but can't be relied on to be great every game. Cisshoko improving but still makes me cringe about 10 times a game.

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
mattyhurst said:
I'm getting a little sick of this lamenting of the fact they are missing their backline, our entire first choice backline is out injured even if you choose not to play Agger and Sakho together that still leaves us missing 3 of the 4 while they were missing two of 4 if I'm right as Jagelikia and Baines are first choice.
Which puts the lie to the insistence that our backs are rubbish, if our so called second and third choices can shut such a good side down so effectively.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Joe90 said:
Which puts the lie to the insistence that our backs are rubbish, if our so called second and third choices can shut such a good side down so effectively.
although as much as I dislike Everton, a cheeky bid for Mirallas/Barkley would be a thumb in the eye for sure

"Samson" Lukaku chopped his hair off, and look what happened.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
An Evertonian mate of mine went to the game last night. Told me he left after 70 minutes. Couldn't take any more punishment. The earliest he's ever left a game in his life.

It was the best counter-attacking display I've seen from a Liverpool team since Rafa was at his peak. Martinez sets up his team in a very similar way to how BR set us up when he first arrived, so it was a good example of how much BR's tactical thinking and approach has evolved since then. We let Everton have possession and create their pretty passing patterns, but we just pressed the hell out of them at the right times, won the ball back and destroyed them with the pace and movement of the front four.

I don't think there'll be many more complaints about fielding a strong team in the Cup. We didn't look very tired to me. It was our most intense performance since BR became manager. Everyone was massively pumped up, especially the captain.

Hard not to get carried away with what this team could achieve this season when we play like that. Kudos to BR. He completely outwitted Martinez. I thought it was his finest moment as manager so far.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Finally watched the full match much enjoyable, Everton's lack of goal threat buggered them over.in my view.

Michael Owen is a real gobshite mind, he was picking holes even at 4-0.

JimmyG37

TIA New Signing
Just re-watched the highlights on the American version of Match Of The Day.

Still awesome.

Red_IndianLFC

TIA New Signing
JimmyG37 said:
Just re-watched the highlights on the American version of Match Of The Day.
Still awesome.
Can you please post a link for it mate? Couldn't watch the game, would really appreciate it.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I watched the whole thing again tonight on the link up thread.

The thing that stood out was what an an absolute colossus Steven Gerrard was. Brilliant captains performanc.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Red_IndianLFC said:
Can you please post a link for it mate? Couldn't watch the game, would really appreciate it.
fm.lfc.vn has everything linked on the site.

Redragbull

redandwhite3 said:
You got west brom first and we got palace. so lets take one game at a time.
I was referring to my next match which is against Arsenal at Anfield.

Verbal80

No West Brom thread. They had a hell of a game against Villa. We need to be ruthless.

zooz

TIA Youth Team
Rambler said:
Are these sites safe? I have recently given up on streams after getting a virus from Wiziwig. Had the Cheshire Police scam freeze my screen while watching the Villa game. Whether it is connected I am not sure but have now had my gmail hacked.....
- Use Firefox (and never IE) or anything else.
- Use an anti-virus (preferably with a firewall). AVG is free.
- And most important, USE AdBlock Plus extension on Firefox.

Never had any problem in the past five years and I stream games all the time.

With the above stuff, never had any problem on http://gofirstrow.eu

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
zooz said:
- Use Firefox (and never IE) or anything else.
- Use an anti-virus (preferably with a firewall). AVG is free.
- And most important, USE AdBlock Plus extension on Firefox.

Never had any problem in the past five years and I stream games all the time.

With the above stuff, never had any problem on http://gofirstrow.eu
Thanks for advice. I do use Firefox but will add AdBlock Plus.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials but it didn't stop the Cheshire Police thing. I ran all the scans after I unfroze everything & nothing showed up. I ran antimalwarebytes and windows defender & nothing showed on those either. I still have XP and am probably going to upgrade soon although I realise that won't stop attacks like this.

I will try gofirstrow.eu.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
The other thing to add about streams is never ever download anything. The ads often mask the screen to make you think you need to download additional software to make things work...

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Great pic after Gerrard's goal:

Look at the the man who turns his face below right. Looks completely desperate, that poor lad... ;-)

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
EdWood said:
Short for 'the bitter and twisted ones'. A lot of Everton fans even acknowledge the epithet, so fair do's to them.

This is a reference to our almost total domination of English football from the mid-70s to the early 90's when we overshadowed them (and the rest) to an enormous degree. Our five wins of old 'Big Ears' merely rubbed salt in the wounds.
They are referred to as the Bitters because they had just won the league when the Heysel ban was enforced, meaning they couldn't compete in the European Cup.

spizfromoz

In the 42nd minute, the crowd sang a song to the tune of que sera sera, but not the Gerrard song. Can anyone tell me what it was?