• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool 4 Spurs 0

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Easy compared to what it could have been...

Spurs are just the antithesis of the word team...A bunch of individuals who happen to wear the same shirt.

Disappointed Stevie didn't get a yellow...

Overall a consummate home performance - nothing less than what we should expect against mid table fodder.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Demolition job, pure and simple. Spurs looked poor, and they are, but we just demolished them in every area of the pitch. Flanno's thunderous tackle to nearly murder Soldado near the end just summed up the difference in determination between the two teams.

We might just bloody well do this, you know!

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Unbeaten in 2014. Sterling MOTM. Can't wait until the day Rodgers' face gets put on that banner.

ianrush

TIA Squad Member
can anyone update stevie's yellow card situatiion? is he going to miss the next match at west ham? :scratch:

t34m43

Fantastic, smashed them all over the pitch! There is 6 cup final to go!

Walter Sobchak

Dunno if correct, but according to an interview I just read, on this day, 30th March, 50 years ago, LFC beat Spurs 3-1 to go top of the league for the first time since December same season (Shankly's first season). And later LFC went on to win the league.

If correct, what a marvelous coincidence - may it turn into a prophecy come true! This weekend has just been the best!

MOTM for me, Sterling, but they all deserve full honors for todays performance. With the knowledge of yesterdays results in the back of their heads, the pressure might have been enormous for the lads.

YNWA!

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
ianrush said:
can anyone update stevie's yellow card situatiion? is he going to miss the next match at west ham? :scratch:
He didnt get booked so why would he?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Zinedine Biscan said:
Wouldn't that mean he misses City (2 match ban)?
Ah - I didn't realise it was a two match ban. In which case, with hindsight - he could've done to get one against Sunderland!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
That was probably the most complete performance I've seen this season. Not a weakness anywhere. Mid you, Tottenham were crap. Mom has to be Sterling. Looks like he could end up taking Cou's role long term. Absolutely brilliant.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Wow... what a stunner... from Philippe's goal on, I was just sitting there with a big smile on my face. Everything was looking so smooth, like a well-oiled, deadly machine, ready to pounce on the opposition's errors. In reality, it was the lads' relentless will to fight for every ball which made it look so smooth, and Tottenham like a bunch of juniors ready for the spanking... Hugely impressive stuff there...

That's now 8 wins on the bounce...

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
They keep saying our opponents are weak, they say we are nervous, they say the squad isnt big enough...

But Liverpool are professional, they are clinical, they hunt like a pack of wolves, they smell blood, they go in for the kill and they know how to hurt a team. They also know when to attack and when to play possession.

Every player seems to play for the shirt and for the team. They want it more than the opposition.

I thought we showed every facet of a top team today. The presenter just said "imperious". Couldnt have put in better myself.... six to go

YES WE CAN !

Arminius

FSG PR plant
No idea what the hell Sherwood was thinking. That was basically their game plan against us in December, minus the midfield control. His only recognition of that battering was avoiding Naughton on Sterling's natural side.

I will definitely take it..

Standout tackles from Skrtel, Agger, and Flanagan - and Johnson got us started. Goal difference closing down nicely.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Anyone think the pressure is going to get to this team? I don't.

It was a consummate performance under tremendous pressure, and we made it look routine.

I can't even get round to a MOTM. We needed eleven players focused and hungry, and that's what we got.