• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool 4 Spurs 0

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Superlative trancension. Not a phrase I've ever contemplated before but this is what we've achieved. The magnitude of our improvement, the quality of or players, the beauty of our game, the ruthlessness of our attitude and the steal of our mentality utterly defies belief. We've gone beyond praise and into some kind of ethereal nether world where our players are bathed in light and no force on earth can stand before us. We're the irresistible force to which there is no immovable object. We're Ancient Rome for organisation, Nazi Germany for attacking speed, Kamakazi pilots for dedication and Egyptian for monumental achievement.

The sheer force of belief and commitment that this team shows is a shining example of BR's ability IMHO. We have a hunger and desire that hasn't been seen in a Liverpool team for a criminally long time. Even Kenny couldn't get us playing with this enthusiasm and drive. No disrespect to the great man obviously. I did think that the team had serious personel issues that went beyond footballing ability. When things go badly one looks for other excuses, bad influences in the dressing room etc. But when things go like this, what's the reason? Can only be BR for me.

For years we've been like the Hubble telescope when it was first launched. Huge potential but out of focus. Well, BR has repaired us and we're so pinnsharp now that we're giving a dazzling glimpse of the heavens, where we belong.

The league is ours.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
ptt said:
Superlative trancension. Not a phrase I've ever contemplated before but this is what we've achieved. The magnitude of our improvement, the quality of or players, the beauty of our game, the ruthlessness of our attitude and the steal of our mentality utterly defies belief. We've gone beyond praise and into some kind of ethereal nether world where our players are bathed in light and no force on earth can stand before us. We're the irresistible force to which there is no immovable object. We're Ancient Rome for organisation, Nazi Germany for attacking speed, Kamakazi pilots for dedication and Egyptian for monumental achievement.
The sheer force of belief and commitment that this team shows is a shining example of BR's ability IMHO. We have a hunger and desire that hasn't been seen in a Liverpool team for a criminally long time. Even Kenny couldn't get us playing with this enthusiasm and drive. No disrespect to the great man obviously. I did think that the team had serious personel issues that went beyond footballing ability. When things go badly one looks for other excuses, bad influences in the dressing room etc. But when things go like this, what's the reason? Can only be BR for me.
For years we've been like the Hubble telescope when it was first launched. Huge potential but out of focus. Well, BR has repaired us and we're so pinnsharp now that we're giving a dazzling glimpse of the heavens, where we belong.
The league is ours.
Fucking loving your enthusiasm....infectious.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
redbj said:
Fucking loving your enthusiasm....infectious.
Haha, I was about to write something similar. Seriously infectious, that kind of stuff... lol

Genius

The Somewhat Normal One
ptt said:

The league is ours.
I ran out of my likes quota . I wanna give you the highest of 5 now.
But here, have my like. No wait, here's like x9000

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
ptt said:
The league is ours.
No disrespect to the King at all. But under his stewardship in 2011-12, he brought in some pants players. Utter shite such as Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing and the injury prone Andy Carroll. They just weren't the quality of players we needed to get back to where we are now.

But on the plus side, he also brought in Jordan Henderson and Luis Suarez. Two players who have been instrumental this season.

So it's six and two threes. Rodgers has shifted the crap, and polished the quality. Brendan has done a fantastic job over the last 18 months, and he's really put a new attitude into the team. A new way of playing, and he's re-built the team ethic, something we'd lost under Hodgson and Kenny.

We've seen it all season. When interviewed, players are refusing individual accolades, saying it's all about the team. The whole team bundle on the goalscorer in a match. The team ethic and togetherness is so much stronger than we've seen it for years.

And that was evident again yesterday. It wasn't about Suarez, Coutinho or Henderson. None of them took the plaudits. It's all about the team. And that's down to one man. Brendan Rodgers.

We've not seen a rebuilding job as big as he's had to cope with since the days of Shankly. And it's paying off.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Wow, it dawned on me today that I would have celebrated a top 4 finish this year like a title and yet it hasn't even dawned on me that Liverpool will be playing European football next year, I'm so wrapped up in the title push. Letting that sink in, I've never enjoyed watching sports as I have over the past few months with Liverpool. I'm an American and I've seen my Red Sox with 3 titles in a decade, the Bruins win one, the Giants win 3 since 1990 and yet I've never been so excited and captivated as I am with a city I've admittedly never visited. I love it, come on, 6 more.

starshadow

redandwhite3 said:
You were immense today. football you played been best in league this year and would be worthy champions of it happen. great title race with four in it but you anc city have the edge at present. that game on 13th be massive but you have tough game at west ham anti football sam team. Great title race between four of us.
With all due respect,

What are you guys smoking over there at the Emirates?

koptician

We'll go again!
Dhoff3 said:
Wow, it dawned on me today that I would have celebrated a top 4 finish this year like a title and yet it hasn't even dawned on me that Liverpool will be playing European football next year, I'm so wrapped up in the title push. Letting that sink in, I've never enjoyed watching sports as I have over the past few months with Liverpool. I'm an American and I've seen my Red Sox with 3 titles in a decade, the Bruins win one, the Giants win 3 since 1990 and yet I've never been so excited and captivated as I am with a city I've admittedly never visited. I love it, come on, 6 more.
Er...Red Sox, Bruins...GIANTS?! Shouldn't you be supporting Pats? I'm a once-removed new yorker so Giants are my team.

gr_sounder

koptician said:
Er...Red Sox, Bruins...GIANTS?! Shouldn't you be supporting Pats? I'm a once-removed new yorker so Giants are my team.
Leave him alone... I agree completely... Giants over the Pats (though I admit I did a double take when I read Giants instead of Pats)... along with the Red Sox, though I'll have to put the Bruins as second place to my beloved NJ Devils.

Anyway, Dhoff3's situation is similar to mine in that I've never enjoyed watching a season as much as I have this year. Now, I've been a fan of Liverpool FC since the 80s (wasn't easy to do back then but I followed them all the same) in middle school and high school, but this season has been different. I watch all games online if possible... for this game I couldn't as I had to be out and about, so I read the in-game thread as if it was playing out in front of me. (Sidenote on this... thanks to all of you who post during the game... and double thanks for those of you who actually describe what happens with more than 2 words. That said it's easy to know when a goal was scored because suddenly there are 2-3 pages of unread posts rather than 2-3 posts). It's just been fun, and my wife hears all about how this season is going and where this team was in the past, the troubles they've had, and this resurgence.

It's been "fun" to be a "fan" this season. Must visit Anfield if we get to England this year or next.

LeoT

Gylfi Sigurdsson & Christian Erikson ...hope you two were watching?

You should have chosen Liverpool.

Also, the Spurs fans in my office here in London are unusually quiet today, maybe its time for me to go torment them a little.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Bet you Reading are gutted now that they fucked off Brendan in 2010. Within 4 years he has promoted Swansea to the Premier League now has us favourites for winning the league. Hahahahaha! Upper class posh wankers.

starshadow

LeoT said:
Also, the Spurs fans in my office here in London are unusually quiet today, maybe its time for me to go torment them a little.
I've actually stopped doing that, the resident Manchester United fan looked a bit deranged after my taunting this month :)

Arminius

FSG PR plant
starshadow said:
I've actually stopped doing that, the resident Manchester United fan looked a bit deranged after my taunting this month :)
Too early - give him a break after the first decade.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
starshadow said:
I'm surprised he hasn't brought up his history mate. Would of thought he would of been singing "20 times" now that there reign is over.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I find it faintly amusing that according to most rival club fans and some of the mediia, every time we hand out another hammering, it's to a team who didn't turn up, had an off day, are below average, are not Premiership standard. Very few of them credit us as simply being a quality team, and those that do always include some caveat as to how poor the opposition was.

Well feck 'em I say.

We'll never win over these bitter people who refuse to acknowledge the remote possibility that we may have just made the opposition look poor through our own brilliant game play. Even when we convincingly see off the oligarch clubs at Anfield, the vast majority of their plastic fans won't admit our superiority over them. The fact that we will have actually deserved to win the Premiership title will never enter their tiny, twisted minds.

Feck 'em I say.

starshadow

CJ_LFC said:
I'm surprised he hasn't brought up his history mate. Would of thought he would of been singing "20 times" now that there reign is over.
Quite surprised myself actually, still I'm going to leave him be...he's got a rough ride with the football genius at the helm.

We actually have a Leeds United fan around here somewhere too, poor bastard.

starshadow

ptt said:
I love the enthusiasm but.. really now this comparison is just wrong!..

We attack like the SAS, hence the name given to our potent attacking talents, we get in there and get the job done! quietly and effectively so no one sees this little chiwawa coming!

Who Dares Wins!

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
EdWood said:
I find it faintly amusing that according to most rival club fans and some of the mediia, every time we hand out another hammering, it's to a team who didn't turn up, had an off day, are below average, are not Premiership standard. Very few of them credit us as simply being a quality team, and those that do always include some caveat as to how poor the opposition was.

Well feck 'em I say.

We'll never win over these bitter people who refuse to acknowledge the remote possibility that we may have just made the opposition look poor through our own brilliant game play. Even when we convincingly see off the oligarch clubs at Anfield, the vast majority of their plastic fans won't admit our superiority over them. The fact that we will have actually deserved to win the Premiership title will never enter their tiny, twisted minds.

Feck 'em I say.
Agreed, as I posted yesterday - we make other teams look terrible
Much like we get other managers fired (e.g. AVB)

starshadow said:
I love the enthusiasm but.. really now this comparison is just wrong!..

We attack like the SAS, hence the name given to our potent attacking talents, we get in there and get the job done! quietly and effectively so no one sees this little chiwawa coming!

Who Dares Wins!
Or you could say we attack like the SS. Too far?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
liverpool_singh said:
Or you could say we attack like the SS. Too far?
No, we don't discriminate.

Everyone gets a beating

ptt

2020, head of the table.
brightonpete said:
Nazi germany,japanese suicide bombers ? seems a strange comparrison to a football team? and a pointless dig at Dalglish,am i missing something here?
Thought that when I was typing but I think the similarity is in their attacking intent. The Germans were successful on the battlefield thanks to their blitzkrieg strategy, very similar to our own lightening fast attacks.

There was NO dig at Kenny, read it again please.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
One thought from the fall out from yesterday's match. Is anyone still prepared to sing Daniel Levy's praise? The Spurs fans seem to hate him, thinking he is only in a job through nepotism. But over summer there were plenty here who thought he was some kind of football administrator of the gods, as he seemingly routinely outmanoeuvred us in the market.

The most obvious point of weakness was that as a team expected to challenge, they could not hold on to their superstar. And this has really cost them.

But I think what has cost them more is Levy thinking he is cleverer than everyone else in the room. Selling Bale and replacing him with seven players on paper looks great, but they are recruiting with no strategy in mind, no thought to how that team would gel and the attitude of the players signed. They've got a director of football at odds with managers, players with no clear role in the team. Worse still those players look like they can't be arsed and completely spineless - they were beaten in the tunnel yesterday.

Since he sacked the only manager to get them into the top four, they've been on a downward spiral.

gr_sounder

Dublin_Kopite said:
Found this funny...
Spurs fans singing 'lets pretend we scored goal' at Anfield...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8PpJBR_rQJk[/youtube]
Ok, I enjoyed that too... made me laugh.
Good on them.

OhYaBeauty

Dublin_Kopite said:
Found this funny...
Spurs fans singing 'lets pretend we scored goal' at Anfield...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8PpJBR_rQJk[/youtube]
Stolen Aston Villa thing, no?