Post Match: Liverpool 4 West Ham 1

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Never seen so many defected goals, outside a Frank Lampard testimonial.

Take it away...

Reactions: RMP

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Negative, we still can't defend set pieces and our captain may be out for next few games. Positive.... freaking 3 points and second in the league again. Top scorer? Suarez! Woohoo.

yiannos33

Believe
Great weekend. Manure looses, the Chavez loose and a great win for LFC

Maulkin

LittleFinger
Mascot88 said:
Never seen so many defected goals, outside a Frank Lampard testimonial.

Take it away...
Too much positivity around these days, I'm going to have a little break from the forum till things calm down a bit.

Anyway, it seems like Assaidi finally succeed in helping LFC, may it continue.

OhYaBeauty

Really enjoyed seeing the 4-3-3 in the second half with the 1-2 midfield. I thought we were much more fluid and we got to see Henderson and Allen get forward well. Hopefully Gerrard isn't injured and will fit into that midfield as well.

I thought Sterling was pretty good; he had a couple of very good crosses in the early minutes and his run and headed pass to Suarez was a delight. His finishing was weak but what do you expect from an 18 year old winger?

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
Three points and a comfortable win with the exception of a few shaky minutes at the back that led to the own goal and the 10 minute lapse of energy and control after the goal.

However, these are the games we need to win with authority and while we had a few lapses in concentration we are learning how to do exactly that.

I think we still need to work on set piece defending. As the CBs get sorted I hope we will begin to see a bit more consistency in the back.

Great win. 3 points. Onward!

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Great result. Showed resilience in our team to come back after a bit of difficult period. Scored a few goals in the second half of a game which is good! Obviously, there's still a lot of areas that need work however, this was a good game and showed some of our strengths.

I thought Sterling was pretty good for his age. Obviously finishing was horrible but otherwise everything else that he did was fantastic. Just an off day for him in front of goal and unlucky not to score.

Suarez the magician. Turns up out of nowhere and scores a couple. Where would we be without him?

Chelsea Lost. City drew . United lost. So all in all wonderful weekend!

YNWAGerrard

So chuffed about the win! YNWA! Was so tense after skrtel had another brainfart, but then Suarez bailed us out again :p

A bit off topic but,
ASSAIDI!

jabu

TIA New Signing
consistency, consistency, this season is so wide open folks!!!

Walter Sobchak

This is just a brilliant day! Can't remember being this happy since….errrr….wednesday! Scum and Chelski lost, City drew, while our golden boys twatted Fat Sams lot!

We gotta keep LS no matter what. Give the man whatever it takes to stay at Anfield. I'll chip in as much as I can :)

Happy for Allen, Sakho and Sterling especially. Skrtel good but unlucky again. And yes, that's just bad luck, he does well (again) to intercept in the first place. Lucas is more at fault for that goal against. Asleep. Hope he gets back on track soon, but I think we can assume he'll be benched for a while now while Allen gets a run of games. YNWA all lads on TIA, off to the pub!

RedLaw

JFT96
Was far from pretty at times, though against a Fat Sam side it rarely is.

MIgnolet, Sakho, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling and of course Suarez all did really well today. Was especially pleased to see Raheem getting back to his best today, just hope our own fans get off his back and allow him to develop.

Also hoping that injury to Gerrard isn't too severe.

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
Just can't stop scoring, can he, Suarez? If he ever thinks of leaving due to being "persuaded", we must consider locking him up and play the "Just Can't Get Enough" song until he's brainwashed into thinking he's a born and bred Scouser that won't be going anywhere. :lol:

First Allen against the Blueshites, now Sterling against West Ham (twice!), we really need to stop making these potentially costly sitters.

And did I mention how I hate watching us play Fat Sam again?

We already lost Sturridge, please Fowler PLEASE! let Gerrard be fit for Spurs. I'm willing to write off the games against Chelski and Man City as long as we can get something out of Spurs.

A good weekend considering the Scum lost twice at home consecutively. HAHAHA.

garth

in the no
Some of the S's were simply superb tonight - Suarez, Sterling and Sakho.

Allen looked good, and Coutinho showed his class once again.

Very happy with that win, even if it wasn't as comfortable as the scoreline suggests.

GStatusGerrard

Usher in the new era!
All the goals bar one were deflected in which made every attempt and run into the box nervy on both ends but I'm glad the best team got the most deflections. That being said, it's really annoying that Mignolet was denied yet another deserved clean sheet due to stupid defending. I just don't get it.

The team looked great and I really love watching Sakho run. Not just his defending but his actual running motion. He looks like some kind of killer droid.

I hope Gerrard is ok but if Allen can keep up his performances I am not overly worried with the schedule ahead.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Sakho looked good which is a plus.

Fairly one dimensional old style CB. But it's a good dimension to have. Wins the ball in the air. Intercepts passes. And not afraid to put his boot through it to clear his lines.

It was quite refreshing to watch.

YNWAGerrard

We really need to sort out the back as well, I'm never confident about corners D:
Just hope we do something about the defense before we play Chelski and City .

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Sterling had a very good first half and Henderson a good second but today emphasised for me the need to get genuine goalscorers in those positions. We were a little lucky today but had Maiga scored that chance at 2-1, we'd have been ruing all the missed chances.

Apart from small periods though we were very good, that period in the second half was the most dominant I've seen this Liverpool team for a while, excellent stuff.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
After the expectation we may finish this with a 0-0 draw to win 4-1 I will take everyday, it was a pretty poor performance but the score didn't flatter us.

That says it all.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
What a great weekend...there is a god!

All the results gone our way so far. A draw tomorrow for Arsenal would be the best result.

But what a bizarre game....we could have been 7-0 up at one point - then looked like we were heading for a draw....only to see genius step up and take the pain away!!! Great stuff

Claymenza

Sakho is an absolute rock at the back. I wanna know the passing stats on him because he carries the ball up the pitch so well.

Allen was great coming on for gerrard, even though coutinho kept dropping deep.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Christmas came early! A great day, but maybe Skrts could try to stop being the gift that's always gives.

kwala

TIA Regular
Played some cracking stuff second half. Joe Allen had a great game, MOM by a mile for me. Sterling was great too bar his finishing.

Why can't we keep a clean sheet? 90% of the goals we concede are shit, and we are responsible for them! We really need to start playing a settled defence and let them from up as a cohesive unit with proper understanding of one another's game. Sakho is first on the Team sheet in the CB department for me. Find him a partner and lets start playing them week in week out.

Henderson needs to work on the technical side of his game big time. His contribution high up the pitch is poor. Maybe we should play him deeper, and Allen Further forward now Gerrard is injured,

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Some of the best footie we've played all season against a team that tried to press out half. Their goal seemed to rattle us a bit, crowd and all. But our 3rd restored the control we had almost all game.

Think Allen is a bit more mobile than Lucas and releases his passes quicker. Needs to be tested against stronger more technical oppo but for intents was very good deep.

Flanagan more adventurous today too. Think thats under guidance. If so good to see he listens. Teammates seem to trust him.

gb1986

I had to turn the match off after the own goal to go home from work, was fearing the worst when i got in haha

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Which own goal? Could almost say four of the 5 were own goals! Nuts.