Post Match: Liverpool 4 West Ham 1

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
If someone could post motd highlights or a link for the whole game that would be great.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
craig bellamy's golf club said:
Just watched to close up of flanno's tackle, lucky to stay on when compared to Nolan's......
Not really. Flanagan's was mis timed but wasn't deliberate at all.

Nolan's was fully intentional and a little bit malicious. Completely different incidents. Flanagan's probably worthy of a yellow, Nolan's a clear red.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
therealkeano1 said:
If someone could post motd highlights or a link for the whole game that would be great.
Always check 101greatgoals.com . You will be able to see highlights.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
football.tiger said:

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/england/premier-league/liverpool-vs-west-ham-united-2
Thank you for that. After watching it I can say we did well but we can do a bit better. The only player I was disappointed with was Moses. He didn't do anything and you would hope to see a bit more from him if he wants games here and maybe a permanent switch. Allen was good. Hopefully Gerrard will be back next week if not for city and Chelsea.

canucky008

TIA Reserve Team
My only criticism was Glenda

He kept losing it and a couple of bad decisions
I started to really get angry at him and then puts in a million pound cross to the back post for Suarez's goal

Can't even enjoy a good winge and moam anymore..... Ah the good old days

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Wow only four pages for a win….pretty happy with the result and the performance, we had them on the rack for there vast majority of the game. We seemed a bit inpatient and where rushing things a little in the first half and gave them a sniff with the OG before Suarez settled things in the second half.

Thought Joe Allen was our best but Sahko was also very solid right throughout and of of course Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling where a real threat throughout and probably could have scored quite a few more goals had they been a bit more polished. Pretty solid team effort all round tho.

Fingers crossed Stevie isn't out for too long but bring on Spurs think we can get at least a point at WHL which with the fixtures our rivals have won't be the worst result.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
ILLOK said:
Not really. Flanagan's was mis timed but wasn't deliberate at all.
Nolan's was fully intentional and a little bit malicious. Completely different incidents. Flanagan's probably worthy of a yellow, Nolan's a clear red.
That's the beauty of slow mo replays. The risk of the red was there in real time and it was only the fact that it was the first five minutes of the game that saved him from getting a card.

Just ask yourself whether Nolan would of got a yellow in that context....

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
As much as i love DAgger i just love it when Sahko's in the side. So good to see a hard, aggressive, winner in the team. i would play Kolo next to him and stick with it.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
lfc.eddie said:
You miss jeruselamred? I think he is drowning his sorrow in Singapore because we won.
He was/is drowning because we played in that ugly red dress despite him protesting that we should have some fashion sense and wear the classy, awesome, gorgeous away kit of ours through the entire season. As far as my sources tell me, Jerus..., Toby,etc doesn't care - in soccer whether we use our hand or feet.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I thought the best thing was that two players who've taken a bit of stick really impressed. I didn't see the Norwich game although I heard he'd done well but I thought yesterday was Joe Allen's best game for us. Still not convinced he's the long term answer but he demonstrated what a difference a bit of zip and energy in the midfield can make. Thought he was excellent.

Sterling too, despite his misses, did really well. Think a lot of the criticism he's had this season has been unfair. We've been desperate for a wide player with real pace for years so now we've got one we need to show a bit of patience while he learns the game. He's at his best when he cuts in from the flanks. Got into some great positions but just lacks a bit of composure. It'll come.

There was a point after they scored when I thought we might blow it. Giving the opposition a chance though seems to be a consequence of the way that we play. Think we'll just have to get used to living on our nerves. We've got Suarez to get us out of trouble, but losing both Gerrard and Sturridge with some tougher games coming up is poor timing. This is where we'll see how good the summer transfer business has really been and how much depth there now is to the squad.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I agree with all of the comments on Allen - that as a very strong performance by him. And he has had strong showings recently in spite of missing the open goal against Everton - shows some strength of character and mindset to put that behind him

I'm clearly in the minority though about Sterling - I don't see improvements in him - and yes, I get the whole he's only 19 thing....

Arminius

FSG PR plant
BostonMick said:
I'm clearly in the minority though about Sterling - I don't see improvements in him - and yes, I get the whole he's only 19 thing....
You don't think he was quite a bit better yesterday than versus Norwich or Hull? I don't think he was brilliant, probably should have scored, but I think he contributed far more.

I second Billy's point about seeing contributions from down the bench - I'd add as positives some useful time for Kelly, and another solid showing from Flanagan.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
I like Joe Allen, and I'm happy hes getting plenty of praise, but he lost the ball twice yesterday, once in a really dangerous area, that, had West Ham been better than shit would have led to a goal. Had Henderson, Johnson, Skrtel or Lucas done that they'd be getting slaughtered on here. Weird that Allen isn't, and maybe it's symptomatic on the double standards posters on forums have :(

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
zagueiro said:
I like Joe Allen, and I'm happy hes getting plenty of praise, but he lost the ball twice yesterday, once in a really dangerous area, that, had West Ham been better than shit would have led to a goal. Had Henderson, Johnson, Skrtel or Lucas done that they'd be getting slaughtered on here. Weird that Allen isn't, and maybe it's symptomatic on the double standards posters on forums have :(
Joe Allen hardly gets an easy ride here. There have been people calling for him to be sold since about this time last year.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
zagueiro said:
Didn't lead to a goal = doesn't matter

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
BostonMick said:
I agree with all of the comments on Allen - that as a very strong performance by him. And he has had strong showings recently in spite of missing the open goal against Everton - shows some strength of character and mindset to put that behind him

Allens performance has to be put in context tho. West Ham were terrible and made little or no effort to close the player with the ball down, so Joe had an age to pick a pass. It's hard to judge where he's at based on just this game. Allens worst games last season came when he was denied time. Now he's fit I'm interested to see how he does against a team that press him consistantly.
ILLOK said:
Didn't lead to a goal = doesn't matter
Does that only apply to Joe Allen then? Thanks for the heads up

SirBillShankly

zagueiro said:
It was your main man Lucas being too casual, slow and passive which lead to him conceding possession which lead to their goal.Allen was sharp and bright throughout.

fcukManU

still a dani pacheco stan
zagueiro said:
Except Lucas did lose the ball for their goal, and killed the momentum we had with our best spell of sustained attacking pressure in their third. Watch their goal again. Allen was sharp, Lucas was casual.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Mascot88 said:
Joe Allen hardly gets an easy ride here. There have been people calling for him to be sold since about this time last year.
No, I suppose its symptomatic of the fickleness of fans. Any player who plays a couple of decent games, no matter who the opposition is, is the next best thing since sliced bread, and as soon as they make one or two mistakes they should be sold to the slaughterhouse for bones, and replaced by the latest short-term wonder of some mid-table team. It's depressing. There doesn't seem to be a balance of a performance in the context of the quality of opposition or over any period of time. There's no patience for youngsters to develop, for new players to be given time to adjust, for injured players to regain form, or for players who've played alot of game, or are out of position :(

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
SirBillShankly said:
It was your main man Lucas being too casual, slow and passive which lead to him conceding possession which lead to their goal.Allen was sharp and bright throughout.
Egggsackerly, you've made my point for me. Lucas loses possession, everyone notices, and it's the ONLY thing they remember from his 30 minutes on the pitch. Allen does exactly the same...........twice........ and that's fine, no problem, and everyone focus's on the good things he did. it's double standards is my point, and you backed my point up perfectly.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
fcukManU said:
Except Lucas did lose the ball for their goal, and killed the momentum we had with our best spell of sustained attacking pressure in their third. Watch their goal again. Allen was sharp, Lucas was casual.
Look, Lucas lost the ball, it was sloppy play. I'm not defending that. My point is that plenty of players lose the ball, and nobody points it out.

it didn't kill the momentum, we lost it for about 10 mins, and then scored another 2 goals, and it could have been more.

Allen lost the ball in very similar circumstances twice during the game.......or was Lucas's sloppy giving the ball away and Allens's sharp giving the ball away :huh:

SirBillShankly

zagueiro said:
Egggsackerly, you've made my point for me. Lucas loses possession, everyone notices, and it's the ONLY thing they remember from his 30 minutes on the pitch. Allen does exactly the same...........twice........ and that's fine, no problem, and everyone focus's on the good things he did. it's double standards is my point, and you backed my point up perfectly.
The thing is Allen offers us a lot more threat, he is brighter and sharper than Lucas and has goals in him. Think your man Lucas will be on the bench more often once the captain returns.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
SirBillShankly said:
The thing is Allen offers us a lot more threat, he is brighter and sharper than Lucas and has goals in him. Think your man Lucas will be on the bench more often once the captain ret
In your opinion. You keep missing the point tho, it's not is Lucas better than Allen or vice versa, it's the double standards applied to some of our players. Lucas loses the ball, it's called out as sloppy and it's all people remember of his game today.........other players do the same thing and no-one even comments, infact they wax lyrical about how good they were. completely ignoring the mistakes they made.

SirBillShankly

zagueiro said:
In your opinion. You keep missing the point tho, it's not is Lucas better than Allen or vice versa, it's the double standards applied to some of our players. Lucas loses the ball, it's called out as sloppy and it's all people remember of his game today.........other players do the same thing and no-one even comments, infact they wax lyrical about how good they were. completely ignoring the mistakes they made.
I actually rate Lucas, he's a fine and important player, he does well for us. Hope he plays out of his skin in our up coming away games along with Allen.

spizfromoz

zagueiro said:
Allen gave the ball away last week vs Norwich, too, in the defensive third that led directly to a shot on goal. Not a goal, no. But then it's Norwich. If Yaya Toure got on the end of it, or Negredo or Aguerro, then different story. I like Allen, too. I was very impressed and thought he was MOTM vs WHU. But, I also think he's going to struggle physically in some games and won't have exactly what we need in the centre. If he's going to play ahead of Lucas, he'll need a very different partner in the middle than Gerrard, or Henderson. After all, we want to be top 4 as a minimum over the coming years.

Bobbinho

zagueiro said:
No, I suppose its symptomatic of the fickleness of fans. Any player who plays a couple of decent games, no matter who the opposition is, is the next best thing since sliced bread, and as soon as they make one or two mistakes they should be sold to the slaughterhouse for bones, and replaced by the latest short-term wonder of some mid-table team. It's depressing. There doesn't seem to be a balance of a performance in the context of the quality of opposition or over any period of time. There's no patience for youngsters to develop, for new players to be given time to adjust, for injured players to regain form, or for players who've played alot of game, or are out of position :(
This is a bit rich isn't it? Coming from a hard core Lucas fan......fuck me Lucas has been cut more slack at this Club than any other player i can barely remember, he epitomises the word patience....

& you keep banging on about double standards..?

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
zagueiro said:
Actually, I think it's highlighted even more here when Allen does it. Every little mistake he does seems to get picked up and magnified. Against Norwich for instance, when Allen gave the ball away in the first half, Gerrard had already done something similar two or three times. Other players as well. Didn't get mentioned much though, probably because it didn't result in dangerous situations.