Post-Match: Liverpool 5-1 Norwich

OhYaBeauty

lovepool said:
Suarez to get his ususl hattrick against Norwich
OhYaBeauty said:
That's only at Carrow Road.
Okay so you're right Lovepool.

Absolutely marvelous team performance, great to see the team back in a 4-2-3-1, good to see Gerrard back at his Xabi-esque best, Coutinho's return to a central position, and thank god for the magician that is Luis Suarez. Absolutely brilliant performance from him.

Take it away folks.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Brillant win, with Suarez being the bright star shining over Anfield tonight!

:cheers:

gb1986

Very happy with that, took us a little while and an unbelievable goal from nowhere to get us going but we looked strong.

Disappointed to concede, and would have liked to see other plays get a run out too, but all in all i'm very very happy.

Suarez is on another planet.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
There's nothing to say is there. Everyone knows it - Luis Suarez is a genius.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
WHAT A RESULT! :p

I have this to look forward to on tonight's MOTD, I have only seen Suarez's first goal (which was sublime!), oh why can't we play Norwich every week? Luis would get the Golden Boot by November!

deadpool

TIA Youth Team
If you copy paste comments from other Post match threads you will receive the perfect match report/opinion.

We saw absolutely nothing new from our team. We just trash all weak teams at Anfield.. Absolutely nothing new for the season so far.

rab

I predicted a drab game. I should have known better given it's Suarez against Norwich.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Comment from a friend I met a few years ago on last trip to Europe (from Norwich):

My, that loss last weekend sure pissed Reds off. Why do we have to play you on nights like this?

abcd

Routine win but the goals from Suarez were anything but routine. Lets hope he can keep even half that that going in the weeks to come. Norwich set up for damaged limitation as they always do on the road. Disappointed to concede, clean sheets are important to build confidence but at least Liverpool won the 2nd half for a change.

The big news tonight is Everton's win. Unfortunately Spurs have come back but Everton are going to push all the way for Top 4.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Thought the midfield worked well, Allen had a good game, maybe he should play more often in place of Lucas? Bloody marvellous is our Genius, we need to add top class players so he can fulfil his ambitions with us. Great that Sterling scored, let's hope he can keep it up, absolutely chuffed. Well done lads. Fantastic reaction. Happy, happy, happy.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Suarez has proved to be Hughton's worst nightmare.

I thought the entire team had pretty solid performances. Allen in particular put in a shift that will do his confidence a world of good. The centre backs and Sterling were only average to decent though.

A bit worried over whether the team will be able to maintain this level of performance at the weekend, what with Rodgers choosing not to rest players like Gerrard and Coutinho.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Jesus Suarez, what can you say to that? It was just so nice to watch. I don't care what Aguero is doing, Suarez is the best in the Prem hands down. Is there a player other then Messi or Ronaldo that can just single-handedly produce magic like that? He's top 5 in the world no doubt, I put him 3.

On the negative, what the hell is going on with our back four? Agger and Skrtel weren't great, Flanagan was ok but I can't help thinking he's another Jay Spearing, we need an upgrade. He really offers nothing going forward. Coutinho and Gerrard looked good, Sterling had a nice goal but not much else. I think Nathan Redmond looked much better actually. Moments of good football but I'd have liked to see the team play a bit better apart from Suarez's ridiculous individual performance. I'm still quite a bit worried, but another 3 points and we keep very much in the running for CL.

LiVeRp0oL89

I could honestly see Suarez beating or coming close to Ronaldo's tally in the 07/08 season.. with 5 games less! Absolutely incredible player and i'd only put Ronaldo and Messi ahead of him at this point.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
I would love to know what poorHughton thinks of facing Suarez, he must have some nasty and horrific dreams and visions.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
Nothing routine about a win in BPL these days. Hull on Sunday showed us what complacency will get us. Good result on the rubber to get some fire back in the belly.

hope to see more of #6 in weeks to come. May not dig like Hendo does but makes up for it in other areas where he is needed

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Can't. Get. Enough. Masterclass. Genius.

The rest were also pretty good.

Just what we needed after the Hull game. Bounce. :cheers:

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
great performance from our Magic Imp, words cannot do the magic he served up the justice he truly deserves.

but, we need to sort out the fragile defense we have.
clean sheet would be nice every now and then!

but, tonight it was the Luis Suarez Show. Sub bloody blime!

Outstanding sir!

Semmy

Ad-free Member
Dhoff3 said:
Jesus Suarez, what can you say to that? It was just so nice to watch. I don't care what Aguero is doing, Suarez is the best in the Prem hands down. Is there a player other then Messi or Ronaldo that can just single-handedly produce magic like that? He's top 5 in the world no doubt, I put him 3.

On the negative, what the hell is going on with our back four? Agger and Skrtel weren't great, Flanagan was ok but I can't help thinking he's another Jay Spearing, we need an upgrade. He really offers nothing going forward. Coutinho and Gerrard looked good, Sterling had a nice goal but not much else. I think Nathan Redmond looked much better actually. Moments of good football but I'd have liked to see the team play a bit better apart from Suarez's ridiculous individual performance. I'm still quite a bit worried, but another 3 points and we keep very much in the running for CL.
keep in mind that Flanagan and Sterling are not first selection. Normally Enrique and Sturridge. Looked like a 4-5-1 today?

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Spurs have got to be the luckiest team bar Chelsea this season. How many game-deciding penalties have they won? And they just won 2-1 after Fulham hit the post in stoppage time.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
My only moan is for the gaffer not using the subs, but it is a mute point. Well done to Sterling and Allen.

Every goal that Suarez scores adds another million to the price tag for Madrid.

West Ham next, easy three points then...........................ahem........

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Really good night of football. Suarez is a genius. Not much to pick out from the rest other than Allen and Gerrard - both played well with Luis. Coutinho showed some nice touches but maybe trying too hard to score himself at the moment. Needs to settle back into to that creative role again? What a contrast to Sunday though....completely different attitude...happy happy. Bring on the Hammers

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Are some holes there. Question marks over last summers business growing louder for me as time goes on. Sakho needs blooding at the very least

But when Suarez is playing against Norwich you don't need to do a lot except sit back and enjoy the fun

Though the goal for sterling though was very important for his confidence. He's feeling. His way back and he needs to be beating out a half arsed Moses to a spot in the side and we need others to score goals as well. Not enough do

Don't like Agger-Skrtel. Too soft in the air. Need to move on from that ultimately