Post-Match: Liverpool 5-1 Norwich

spizfromoz

Think our centre back issue is a little like Tottenham's team situation, lots of new faces and not settled quite yet. So I can see why we're shipping goals.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Just waiting for the game on MOTD. Everton were very, very lucky as far as I can see.
Here we go then... On MOTD now.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
I hope Norwich are relegated the season we sell Suarez because he just seems to beat them on his own and they will want revenge for what the little magician does to them.

Phenomenal performance from Suarez. If only he wanted to spend his entire career in a red shirt.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
LFC-Orlando said:
I actually found his comment smart. He was trying to joke me thinks, because Luis didn't exactly score 3.
That was the way I saw it.
Great result but it was almost Saurez V Norwich. But, of course we had to get the ball near him!

They must really wish the guy had stayed in Holland.

Robbie1974

2nd best hat trick I have ever seen, only bettered by Rivaldo against Valencia and only 2nd due to how important that game for barca was! Simply astonishing

ptt

2020, head of the table.
One thing's for sure, THAT goal added a solid £2.50 to Raheem's value ;)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Didn't see the game, couldn't drag arse out of bed at 5:00 a.m., but having read the comments it seems that it was a one-man show and the players who were crap against Hull did not show much improvement. As a couple have said above, I'm beginning to think that Sterling isn't going to make it here. Obviously, the manager is willing to give him a chance, but personally I think Ibe is the more talented player. Maybe loan stint at a club where he would play in every game would do wonders for him. I'm sure Palace would be glad to have him back for the rest of the season.

What was Allen like, then? An improvement on Lucas? Or did he just have an easy time of it given the opposition?

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Crisis? What crisis?

No, the team's not perfect but it's doing well, all things considered.

Comparisons:

Chelsea spent drillions and they have the wobbles against Sunderland.

Swansea look rubbish then thrash what appeared to be an in-form Newcastle.

Manchester United looked really good, then lose to Everton - who are looking REALLY GOOD

Southampton's early form seems to have gone on holiday

'All-conquering, shoe-ins for the title' (after spending 1/4 of New Zealand's GDP on players) just edge West Brom, who lost heavily, to Liverpool I think it was.

Spurs still can't put together a performance worth a damn

All things considered, I have faith that BR is a very good manager and the team will do very well this year.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Have just seen the highlights. Wow! And I mean wow!!!

Maybe I should start deluding myself into thinking that if we qualify for the CL then he'll stay. Nah. He won't. Every performance like that makes it more likely that you-know-who will make us an offer we can't refuse.

Actually, I find myself hoping that he'll lose it again and do something ridiculous like try to throttle a ref, and become seen as so wacko that no-one would buy him.

Rooster

What a hit son
Trying to work through other issues besides the Suarez Masterclass

- Joe Allen has something to offer and I wished he had of scored.
- Why oh why no Sakho and more time for Aspas. What an opportunity wasted.
- At least United lost depsite late 3 points for Spurs Chelsea and Everton
- Looking for a bit more from Hendo besides just effort
- Sterling congrats despite question marks
- 3 days is a long time in football after the Hull disaster. Donkeys one minute, thoroughbreds the next. Wtf will we do v Hammers?

Wonderful to watch this morning

Walter Sobchak

For me, the elephant in the room in this little tussle was the fact Lucas wasn't playing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "basher" just because I criticize him to some extent, I "love" Lucas' loyalty, commitment and attitude as much as the next feller, but even if Norwich is no real benchmark, we looked far more balanced defensively today than we have in a long time (bar that header, Sakho needs to play….). A lot of that stems from us dominating the ball thus never giving the opposition much chances of attacking. So it's not necessarily that we are better in defense per se when Lucas ain't playing, we just don't get to defense that much because we keep possession and are able to press much higher up and much more intensively.

Allen, for all his defensive faults (too easily outmuscled etc), balance this much better. He's calm on the ball, doesn't loose possession unnecessarily and can help string together a few good passes. I'm really happy he performed well today. SG is somewhat a weak link defensively as well, and coupled with Lucas and a fit but football wise unintelligent Hendo, our defense, nor offense, ain't the shit. But SG has to play. He just offers something in attack that no one else does in our squad. But I want Allen there with him, more than Lucas. And I wouldn't mind letting calm young Alberto in there either, in stead of Hendo, depending on who we play against.

A lot has been said about LS running a one man show today. I disagree. LS, though obviously brilliant, is allowed his run partially because of the defensive solidity and the fact we were able to keep possession. Most of our team can take credit for that today.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Maulkin said:
Pissed of with Suarez not getting a hatrick.
Yes, the 2nd half was a let down that way.

That 3rd goal by Suarez is absolutely stunning, because it is just so complete. Audacity to compare to the first, technique to compare to the second, precision with the fourth. But what really crowns it was how he used the bounce of the ball in the approach.

Still some troubling signs, but it is December. Take the points and on to the next game.

Walter Sobchak

And another thing: how can we get FSG to pay Luis a gazillion to extend his contract with, say, 10 more years ;) Anyone who have Henry's ear? Seriously! This man is golden and everyone knows it. Keep him at all costs, then add players to build a top top top team. I'm thrilled to read that Real M might be in for Aguero. Let's just hope Bayern buys Lewandowski. Suarez is easily going to be player of the year, already way ahead as top scorer after missing the first 6 matches.

I celebrated todays victory at the local inn with a fantastic x-mas special from my favorite micro brewery. Pardon me the rants :) YNWA lads!

ahmedshishini

I know that it has never been done before, that a team keep a player that wants to leave, but what if next summer we give suarez 20 million pounds from the transfer kitty and raise his salary to be like Gerrard's, would that convince him ?? Because we have a messi on our hands and he is literally priceless and irreplacable simply because only two players are better ronaldo and messi. Period.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Disappointed. If we had scored one more, I would have won 1600 pounds on a 50 pounds bet. Now I only won 600 pounds. :p :D

OhYaBeauty

boston red said:
In all my life never seen a hat-trick scored eloquently ..
Really? I've never heard anyone score a hat trick with words...

I think you mean "elegantly"

Claymenza

Ridiculous goals. It's hilarious almost how he always bags them against Norwich.

Everton is starting to make me nervous. Martinez is destined for a bigger club.

Canuck33

Banned Users
Unfortunately, these idiots over here showed 7 of the 9 games which were on and the LFC was not one of them. Obviously, Suarez had a decent game. But how about the rest of the lads?

lovepool

Canuck33 said:
Unfortunately, these idiots over here showed 7 of the 9 games which were on and the LFC was not one of them. Obviously, Suarez had a decent game. But how about the rest of the lads?
Suarez had a decent game?? Watch it and decent will not be the word you use.

Dr_J

TIA Reserve Team
I'm beginning to wonder if Sahko has a knock or something picked up in internationals that nobody knows about... Then again I haven't been reading or watching BR's interviews

Joe90

LS's first and third goals just boggle the mind...

Not liking the defending by Pool. They don't cut the passing lines particularly well and allow the opposition to build momentum. Too much diving in.

Canuck33

Banned Users
lovepool said:
Suarez had a decent game?? Watch it and decent will not be the word you use.
I saw the highlights, I know. This was tongue in cheek. So how about the rest?

Maulkin

LittleFinger
LFC-Orlando said:
I actually found his comment smart. He was trying to joke me thinks, because Luis didn't exactly score 3.
I thought it as a joke, so thank you for making me feel less alone. (Special thanks to Hugo too) ;)

ahmedshishini said:
I know that it has never been done before, that a team keep a player that wants to leave, but what if next summer we give suarez 20 million pounds from the transfer kitty and raise his salary to be like Gerrard's, would that convince him ?? Because we have a messi on our hands and he is literally priceless and irreplacable simply because only two players are better ronaldo and messi. Period.
We kept a player that wanted to leave last summer, didn't we? As for LS salary, if the contract still has got bonuses related to performance, and if he keeps banging goals for fun like today, I'm sure at the end of the season, he'll get a pretty nice check.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Was stuck in a damn airport in Houston with no damn internet access....felt like a Basil Fawlty day. Can't wait to see the goals. Great to get the points.

spizfromoz

Please Walter S and OYB, calm down. I think we can resolve this: if Suarez wants to score eloquently, he can do so as elegantly as he wants whenever he wants.

Joe90

brightonpete said:
Relax dude...it's just a game! :thumbright:
Totally relaxed my friend. Totally.

Notice how I didn't say; 'FOOKING SHITE' and 'TOP FOUR NO WAY', 'HULL ARE BETTER THAN US' and 'END OF THE WORLD'. :p