• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1

koptician

We'll go again!
Disappointing...no clean sheet... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5 star performance!!! Grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Amateur Hour

Coutinho all over the place, the team pressing was superb and the energy shown by everyone was exciting to watch.

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
Days like these make me think this team could actually be destined for greatness... one thing rolling over Norwich but we did it to Spurs, Everton, and now Arsenal. Consistency is the next thing...

Nystal

Unbelievable performance, despite our proficiency at home I don't think anyone expected that.
No complaints, not even the penalty as at least its something Stevie will learn from and be annoyed at himself about.
Great to see the subs used well and Ibe getting gametime!

redalways

TIA Regular
Has there ever been any other team to hit the league leaders for so much?

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
We don't have to pay Mignolet his clean sheet bonus, so that should help us with FFP when we win the league.

gb1986

Dreamland. Just when we think we've had our game of the season we annihilate someone else. How do you pick between Spurs, Everton and now Arsenal?

Toss up between Everton and Arsenal for me, incredible. Surely we've proven it's not a fluke too.

grooveshark

Banned Users
Masterclass from start to finish.

First time Arsenal have left Anfield with nothing in 7 years. What a performance.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Mascot88 said:
We await Readandwhite's thoughts with interest. :)
Give him his due, he'll probably hold his hands up and congratulate us on the systematic destruction of his team. :D

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
That was fun :)

Sterling showing the value of binning off Downing. Competition is not bad for him but think its good for him to operate unhindered by any dead ends

Think everyone pretty much did their bit though, could have got 2 or 3 more

Just a couple of iffy tackles for their pen and that Flanagan one on Wilshere but no harm done

Just pressed them to death. Was a bit concerned Coutinho might be on the fringes but glad I was wrong and he played because he was very good

Sturridge, 7 in 7. Not bad.

Fulham though is another acid test of our temperament. But 10 points clear of Man U at the moment is not a bad little gap and with Everton and spurs to play each other...

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
BR got it spot on tactically today. And all players were at 110% it seems.

What a game... It was almost boring, so huge was our superiority over the whole game... :cheers:

Edit: stats from the game (bbc)

LFC 5 - 1 Arsenal
Possession 43% - 57%
Shots 22 - 11
On target 11 - 6
Corners 6 - 6
Fouls 14 - 14

spizfromoz

kipland007 said:
Days like these make me think this team could actually be destined for greatness... one thing rolling over Norwich but we did it to Spurs, Everton, and now Arsenal. Consistency is the next thing...
Yep, we've consistently THRASHED all three of those teams!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
So happy I've opened a second bottle of wine! MoM? Sterling, although Skrtel ran him close. If Martin hadn't made that interception in the first half just after his first goal, then it could have been an entirely different game.

So we're still in it, then?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
redalways said:
Has there ever been any other team to hit the league leaders for so much?
Good question.....

Claymenza

Coutinho was boss. Nice to see sterling bagging two goals, he knows how to get in behind a defender but the finishing needs to be better. It's almost like he has too much time to take a shot with the space he creates he hesitates.

That's 5 goals for sterling this season already along with maybe 3-4 assists. Get more at the end of the season and we'd be forgetting about koflopyanka.

t34m43

Fantastic result, put a smile on my face, lets just focus on Fulham, because we need to beat those teams.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
i_still_miss_fowler said:
We complain about our own fans, but funny to see Arsenal fans calling for Wengers head when they are top of the table! lol
Let's be honest: they didn't really believe they could win the league in the first place ;)

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Lots of things swirling around my head after that one, but one thing is clear: Everton-Arsenal Coutinho is a world-class player. If he finds consistency to match his best 40 minutes today game after game...

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Beautiful result, I'm laid up following knee surgery at the moment, 7:45 in the morning and I'm screaming and shouting from my couch in delight. Happy as hell today.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Super performance. I'm delighted and hungover in equal measures now. Sterling going to be a massive player for us. Ibe looked at home when he came on. (makes me wonder why we wanted Salah but that's by the by now)
5 goals scored and none for Luis......has to be a record of some kind.

Keep it going, get 4th, buy two or three top players in the summer and push on redmen.