• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool v Arsenal (CS 29/8/20 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Williams (off 60')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Fabinho

• Milner (off 60')

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Wijnaldum (off 92')

• Salah

• Mane

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Firmino

• Minamino (on 60', GOAL ??')

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Keita (on 60')

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Jones (on ??)

• Brewster (on 92')

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
First trophy of the season/meaningless friendly*delete as applicable

Take it away

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Brewster brought on with seconds to go to take a penalty, and of course it backfires... I could have made that call... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, a good run-out for the lads. Better second half, deservedly came back into the game (good goal from Taki), could have won it but lacked that sharpness.

The rest was just a foot note without importance.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Not bothered about the result, despite what some were making out it is literally a friendly.

The switch to the 4231 was interesting, it suits a lot of players in our squad. Think we might see it a fair bit more this season.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Honestly, I am upset, I wanted us to win the Community Shield, it was extra silver in the cabinet. The youngsters are not ready yet for the EPL. We should not have let Brewster take the penalty.

Last edited:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Argh, I hope we have another shit season like when we last lost the charity shield, maybe just slightly more shit. Fucking Klopp has never won a charity shield.

phil smith

A better second half but some of the lads seem to be really rusty. Need to be a lot more creative in midfield and sharper up front. Their keeper had a great second half and kept them in it. Feel a little bit sorry for Brewster after being the hero mid week and the villain tonight. Part of the learning curve.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ultimately just not good enough. Dominant for most of the game but we're playing Arsenal. We should be winning this. Terrible penalty from Brewster.
We didn't win it last season and nobody gave a shite nor did it impact negatively on our play. It's a nothing game.

The biggest victory of today was no injuries. I'm sure City would have swapped the result last year for Sane being fit.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Friendly or not, I don’t know how anyone can be happy or “ok” with that. Absolute shit. Static and uninspired. Liverpool played without a midfield for 60 minutes. 11 v 8. No movement, no creativity, no clue. Maybe JK had a particular tactic he wanted to work on today and he accomplished something we don’t know about but that was pretty terrible effort.

lfc.8

We didn't win it last season and nobody gave a shite nor did it impact negatively on our play. It's a nothing game.

The biggest victory of today was no injuries. I'm sure City would have swapped the result last year for Sane being fit.
Sure. But i want the club to win every game. We just weren't there either.

macca1970

Two weeks before the season makes this even of less importance than usual. International break, then the real season begins in two weeks. Let the media hype up the gunners before they spiral into their usual selves.

Much better final 30 minutes. Some nice passing moves. And finally switched Mane to the right to make something different. Minamino with the goal should bring some belief.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Friendly or not, I don’t know how anyone can be happy or “ok” with that. Absolute shit. Static and uninspired. Liverpool played without a midfield for 60 minutes. 11 v 8. No movement, no creativity, no clue. Maybe JK had a particular tactic he wanted to work on today and he accomplished something we don’t know about but that was pretty terrible effort.
Because it's a friendly. A bit frustrating but no point getting upset about losing a friendly on pens.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
I have to keep reminding myself that in the battle of “what trophy have you not won” we won the Premier League, Arsenal are miles from winning the Champions League.

Red over the water

We will be better by next weekend. Bit of sharpness not quite there today when it mattered.

I do feel sorry for Brewster as it will weigh heavily on the kid. Curtis Jones gave him a peck on the cheek to show support... good scouse boy, like Stevie and Xabi before!

I want a fast start in the league. Signs we’ve been a little lackadaisical since winning the title... that needs to stop now. And I think it will.

Werder4life

Brewster brought on with seconds to go to take a penalty, and of course it backfires... I could have made that call... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, a good run-out for the lads. Better second half, deservedly came back into the game (good goal from Taki), could have won it but lacked that sharpness.

The rest was just a foot note without importance.
I hope Rhian learns from this. He wanted to make a show of it to try one into the top bin. He's still too much style over substance. On occasions like this you need to cut the crap and do the job.

Boy's not there yet.

The match looked like just another pre season warm up to me and I'm going to file it as this. The team looked leggy from the off and not really into it.
Like last time the relative freshness/hunger of the subs tipped it.

Looking forward to more Naby/Taki action when the real thing starts.