• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 24/8/19 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Matip [GOAL 41’]

Votes: 71 39.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Wijaldum [off 69’]

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Salah [GOAL 49’, GOAL 59’]

Votes: 128 70.7%
  • Firmino [off 86’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Mane [off 77’]

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner [on 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 77’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lallana [on 86’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
To open at full time

You have three votes in the MOTM poll.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Utterly dominant performance. Only slightly marred by a bit of careless defending five minutes from the end, but I'd have zero issues if we played like that for the rest of the season, I thought we were sharp, aggressive and dominant.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Really good win, for the first 60mins we utterly utterly dominated them.

Bit disappointing we keep conceding, would like to retain better shape with subs i.e. Origi and Oxlade.. But plucking hairs here.

35 to go!!

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Late goal conceded takes a little shine off an otherwise comprehensive butt kicking.

Still no reason to complain about the performance. Henderson a warrior, Salah back to his lethal best. Arsenal dangerous on the counter looking for a mistake, but spent most of the game looking flustered and incompetent

Dave-D

Well that was a very enjoyable game to watch. Liverpool outplayed Arsenal but they did have chances, three wins out of three will do very nicely and let’s hope it continues.

Firmino was on fire today and just wish he’d managed to score just to top off that performance.

Side note Arsenal I believe will get top four.

Incognito

The Normal One
When our midfield is on song, we are unplayable. Excellent performance by the mid three - Hendo, Fab, Gini. Salah and Bobby brilliant as always.
Matip superb, critical goal when we couldn't break.

Adrian except that one mix up was decent. Top of the table, and that should do away with comparing Arsenal with us and their players with ours.

Chase on fellow PL noobs.. This time we are running away with it, ITellsYa :)

RodM

Went for Matip, Robbo and Mo - that 3rd goal was pure genius. TBH a good team performance. Just a little disappointed that Adrian didn't get his first clean sheet.

On Sky Deutschland we even get Klopp on the adverts talking about his Schweinehund.

On a personal note, I prefer Krombacher to Veltins. May try Lidl for the beer next game.