Post match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 24/8/19 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Matip [GOAL 41’]

Votes: 71 39.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Wijaldum [off 69’]

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Salah [GOAL 49’, GOAL 59’]

Votes: 128 70.7%
  • Firmino [off 86’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Mane [off 77’]

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner [on 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 77’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lallana [on 86’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Should have avoided that late goal but otherwise thoroughly dominant and professional. The chasm between the two teams remains big.

Looking further ahead, particularly encouraging is the fact that not only we're starting to look more solid with each passing game, we also look that we have several gears to go through as well. All in all, a very satisfying game.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Hard to pick just 3 MoM nominations today. Fab, Hendo, Bobby, Mo, Matip and VVD all deserve a vote IMO.
I thought Hendo was the pick of the bunch but he tired towards the end of the game. I'm always disappointed to concede goals because eventually it will cost you.
Adrian is okay as long as it's not at his feet. Pepe is "mane" like, he will trouble plenty of sides this year.

20ATHLONE

Goodness me! An absolute thrashing that. Consolidation goal for them, but we could have had 5 more
Bobby’s dribbles today were just delicious
Matip was outstanding
VVD had both Pépé and Auba in his pocket
Salah did what he does, just incredible
Fabinho and Hendo bossed it today
My winner though was Gini, just dominated them

Perfect start! 12 game win streak! Bring on Burnley
YNWA

Flobs

FADA
I will sell you my saved ones if you admit Gini was great

doit doit
Was going to add a footnote to my after match comments but you've preemted me.
He was'nt very good upuntil we scored then he turned into a monster of a player. I wish he would play more like that more often. I have decided when I am not happy with him I will call him Wijnaldum and when I'm happy Giniii. today was a bit of both so Gini Wijnaldum. Oh and yes I was singing the Gini Wijnaldum song after our first goal. :)

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
Perfect win! Liverpool was the better team almost the whole match.
We controlled the game - pure class performance. And we have to remember Arsenal is the second best team at the moment in PL...
Salah was brilliant as all the others. I'm so happy tonight.
Great night!

Werder4life

I liked that a lot. Midfield had enormous work put in, Joel and Virgil very switched on all game - I just loved Virgil's smooth "bodywork" and game reading.
Bobby played some next level stuff , Sadio stirred the defense tirelessly and Mo deadly as ever.
Given Arsenal's experimental "playing around the press" out of the back Kamikaze in the 2nd , they can count their lucky stars they didn't get totally trashed.
Unlucky decissionmaking by Trent for their goal - otherwise great.

I'd like to have seen Brewster given a runout towards the end - and 14 votes for Motm - but I went for Bobby , Mo and Gini in the end.

Top of the leauge? :D

PS: I wonder if Hugh Wizzy will burst a bloodvesssel again on YT tonight ...

Last edited:

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Excellent for 70 minutes as we battered them, especially or press as they tried to play it from the back. What we now need to do is to not take our foot off the gas and settle for the 3 - 0, we need to be as ruthless as Shitty. Otherwise so impressed right through the team YNWA

Nur der BvB09

Went for Matip, Robbo and Mo - that 3rd goal was pure genius. TBH a good team performance. Just a little disappointed that Adrian didn't get his first clean sheet.

On Sky Deutschland we even get Klopp on the adverts talking about his Schweinehund.

On a personal note, I prefer Krombacher to Veltins. May try Lidl for the beer next game.
Give it a try to Brinkhoff s and Warsteiner(Landei Bier). But on a personal note Nothing is tasty as Calsberg

Flobs

FADA
Well we crushed them like an orange then gunned them down.
MOTM difficult as most of tyhe team was at the same level. I thought Matip was fantastic and Gomez must be worried (though gives us an option at right/left back). Salah of course showing his genie again. Then Mané great work rate Firmino great touches, Henderson great captain, Fabinho a real DM, TAA great, Robertson great. All of them were great showing great hunger even after we scored . That's a lot of great in one post. Oh Klopp was great letting others have a look in. :D