• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 24/8/19 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Matip [GOAL 41’]

Votes: 71 39.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Wijaldum [off 69’]

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Salah [GOAL 49’, GOAL 59’]

Votes: 128 70.7%
  • Firmino [off 86’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Mane [off 77’]

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner [on 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 77’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lallana [on 86’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redsi73

Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson, speaking to MOTD: "It was a really good performance overall. If we are being critical we are disappointed with the goal but overall delighted with the three points.
On laying down a marker: "I don't really care. It is about performing and winning. Each week we want to step on the grass and focus on winning. That is all the focus is on.

Pro answer there lol

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Great win,100% record intact,sloppy goal to give away but other than that,best we've looked so far this season.Anyone watch it on Sky and think Tyler,Neville and to an extent Carra went OTT on the Pepe shit?? ok he was probably one of the best Arsenal players on the pitch today (which doesn't say much when most were crap) but to say he troubled our defence and VVD/Robertson was just bollox,he was in VVD's pocket all day and the only bit of trouble he caused was when they broke in the first half from that sloppy Henderson back pass,which left Robertson 1 on 1,apart from that i think they were watching a different game to me.

Ron Swanson

Great win, their front three have nothing on our front three. We are just blessed to have Bobby in our team the lad is simply a footballing God. conceded a goal but not really bothered as game was already in the bag. Salah's 2nd goal was basically football version of sex.
Oh and still top of the league and the only team to have won their first three matches.
We are football royalty.

Notasuperfan

For the first 30 minutes, we were stumped. We were crossing high balls after high balls just to avoid losing the ball in the middle of the park. It doesn't work when our forwards are all not very dominant aerially. The ball kept coming back to us and it wasn't pleasant viewing.

The following 10 minutes saw a marked change in tactics. We starting to stretch them wider with our full-backs going closer to the byline, allowing the centre of the pitch to belong to us more. When that happened, we started dropping our wingers deeper to start quick burst of short 1-2s into the heart of Arsenal's defence.

Then a miscued clearance by Granit Xhaka gave us a corner. Arsenal's tactics are pretty puzzling in their box. Sure, they did the usual CDs marking CDs and the usual scrum around our CDs but they focused way too much on VVD, not knowing there is our lanky bambi over there. 1-0 to us!

That played right into our hands. Arsenal will need to attack us more after the break. And then Side-show bob happened twice.

I felt even if we didn't score in the first half, we would do it in the second half using those quick 1-2s.

nikz200

Gotta admit when Pepe was taking shots and Adrian came out for that one clearance where Auba was going to chip the ball in, i was really nerves. Till we got the pen from that whole shirt holding thing (Skrtel is somewhere laughing) and then Salah made them look silly. Happy with the win, at this point , the clean sheet stuff is something we can focus on next game.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Brilliant result 100-percent from the players gets us 3 points. Creating loads of opportunities to score.
26 shots to 9 nearly 3 to 1. Impressive stuff. to the next game we've weeks training for a manager opposite Style to Emery something you'd see in 4th division.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Report from the kop:

Got to the club store to find 3rd kit for daughter. Small adult is too big for her, so extra large junior works but they are out of stock. Seriously don’t know what new balance are playing at... it’s only August... how can you be out of stock?

So ended up buying it online from outside the club store. Stupid.

Anyway, on to the important things - hot day so went into kop bar. Met up with the regulars - cheer when palace scored. Another cheer when united missed another pen... groan when they equalised. Lovely roar when palace scored. And so we were set.

Got to our seats. Pitch looked pristine. Daughter just looked at me - “I’ve missed this”.

So shooting at kop 1st half - boos. And so arsenal were set up with a back 6, 2 protecting midfielders,, and 2 upfront to run onto anything. Couldn’t see any real opening.

Then Matip rose and scored. A defiant roar. Yes we can do this. Nice half time. Then 2nd half and bang bang. Videoed Mo Salah penalty - had a nice view.

3rd goal looked crazy. Then what were those subs about? Ox for mane and Lallana for bobby. Became scrappy.

Got our 3 points. Job done. Top of league.

Arsenal played like how Burnley would set up against us. Shows how serious a team we are.

Onwards we go.