• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Arsenal defence are so so, but Bobby's second goal was an Unstoppable one and should be one of the contenders for Goal of the season.
You rarely see a defence getting ripped into bit at the center/heart that clearly and cleanly. Almost 4 Arsenal players were clueless and simply were watching Bobby weave magic.

Limiescouse

Arsenal defence are so so, but Bobby's second goal was an Unstoppable one and should be one of the contenders for Goal of the season.
You rarely see a defence getting ripped into bit at the center/heart that clearly and cleanly. Almost 4 Arsenal players were clueless and simply were watching Bobby weave magic.
I think what was so brilliant about it was the entire time he was trying ti find a way to slip in Salah or Mane. His first look was for Salah, but saw the lane was blocked then caught Mane's run. He moved forward primarily to try and get in the right position for the ball to his left to Mane. And I think it was the fact that the defenders were all so concerned about him being unselfish that gave him the chance to cut through their middle.

A couple of weeks ago some of us were reminiscing about the amazing Barnes goal against QPR from 88. That was a beauty, and made excellent in part because from the second he wont he ball back he thought HE could score. This was great because it showed how much defenders end up having to second guess themselves when trying to defend against him. Whatever you give him by taking away the other option, he'll just accept it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's so hard not to get carried away. So so hard.
I have been waiting for 28 years. Can the wait be finally over ?
That itself should help you not get carried away. I am happy, but not getting carried away with our position right now. Unlike last season where the closest rival is on double digit to claw back to get close to City, ours are just a couple of games away from them breathing down our neck. I still don't know how these boys handle pressure. Having said all that, judging by how we came back after conceding today, it shows the character we have and how we are going to handle setbacks - by becoming Hulk and smash the fuck out of the opponent. That for me is very promising, but still not going to get carried away, not yet. 28/29 years of my life waited to feel like a kid again, I had it once 13 years ago when we lift the Champs League, so I am going to keep myself in check till it's mathematically impossible for us not to win it!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Couldn’t watch live (damn weddings!)
Watched highlights then full rerun
Great posts here
All I can add beyond what you’ve all said is that pass from Robbo to Mo for the third / wow
Gave MOTM to Ginl - he was a man among men today and ruled
Happy new year all
Download Navixsport on your phone and you’ll never miss a game, not even your own wedding.... i

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
I have to say though, our fans are still keeping rather quiet about the whole thing. We're enjoying the ride but not getting ahead of ourselves. I guess lesson learned from the Rodgers campaign a few years ago. If I remember correctly around this we'd had already started singing the now you're going to believe us song.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I have to say though, our fans are still keeping rather quiet about the whole thing. We're enjoying the ride but not getting ahead of ourselves. I guess lesson learned from the Rodgers campaign a few years ago. If I remember correctly around this we'd had already started singing the now you're going to believe us song.
The man in charge also has a hand in keeping the fans grounded. He didn’t walk around puffing out his chest and say “Outstanding” at every turn. Keep saying we have a long way to go and just be happy with where we are now, and the need to improve still.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
It was a fine effort but not even goal of the day. Camarasa’s goal for Cardiff was simply breathtaking.
I agree, the Firmino 2nd goal was more about totally destroying the self belief of Arsenal more than it's style. With the talk of how fragile Arsenal defense is, they thought they got it right when they scored early, as you can see Emery high fiving everyone. And if the equalizer within minutes was demoralizing, the 2nd goal destroyed their self belief and confirmed every self doubt they had before the match. Emery face after the 2nd goal, was "we are in deep shit"

Nur der BvB09

Resultswise this is The greatest Liverpool side seen in our Lifetimes and still we or most of us Keep distance with that song.
IMO stay behind the Team no matter how it Ends is the most important Thing.
They will Need us to push them over the line once it matters and i think it ll be often the case as it was yesterday.
We ll stay positive but i ve done it and sung it on my own;NOW you gonna beleave US...:celebrating:

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Resultswise this is The greatest Liverpool side seen in our Lifetimes and still we or most of us Keep distance with that song.
IMO stay behind the Team no matter how it Ends is the most important Thing.
They will Need us to push them over the line once it matters and i think it ll be often the case as it was yesterday.
We ll stay positive but i ve done it and sung it on my own;NOW you gonna beleave US...:celebrating:

haha. I have too but I wouldn't do it in public!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Just when I thought Firminho was struggling to find top form he comes up with a hat trick. The second was a bit special.
I think the fact that none of our defenders had outstanding games goes to show that Arsenal are a decent attacking team . I think we will have to be a bit more solid against City as I am pretty sure they will get their confidence back against Southampton.
More brainless comments from pundits about penalties. A foul is a foul , if it stops a player from getting a shot off or playing the ball in any way it is a pen, end of.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I am going praise Olivier, Salah is badly (as in crap) tackled twice and though it’s soft, if he doesn’t nibble that second time Oliver probably doesn’t give it, same with the Newcastle on earlier in the week, it’s needless and it’s impeding the player.
Every bit of punditry (bar Lee Dixon) i’ve seen have been in complete agreement it was a 100% nailed on penalty. I don’t know why it’s even being discussed. He had two nibbles at the back of Salah and got nothing of the ball.

The Lovren one is dubious, but he shouldn’t be charging into him like that. They are rarely given, but would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

The thing about Oliver is that, while he is still prone to brain farts, at least he is physically fit enough to keep up with play. He is always in the right position to make a decision. Contrast with someone like John Moss, who would have been on the halfway line, blowing out of his arse.

Stanley DK

Y. N. W. A
What the hell was happening here? Why was Sokratis was having a go at Mo. Our Virgil stepped in as well. I loved the way, our players look out for one another. Our Virgil is going to make a great leader one day and I would not be surprised if he becomes manager after he retires from playing football. He is a very charismatic and formidable personality.

He is WORLD CLASS :well done:

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Now that's a game the Mem and I are going to watch again tonight. And with Aldo's commentary it will be extra sweet.

The only disappointment on the night was that we conceded a goal, the first time this season that we've actually been behind at Anfield, but the response was truly magnificent.

In the past we probably would have gone to pieces. But last night, it just made us angry, and you really, really don't want to make us angry. We simply blew them away. I was surprised that in the end we only scored five goals. It could have ended up in double figures.

MOTM is a difficult pick, what with so many outstanding performances from the likes of Mané, Wijnaldum, Virgil, Robbo, Mo etc. etc. but in the end chose Bobby Dazzler for recapturing his mojo.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I recorded this game. On that goal. From the time he picked up the ball in midfield to his shot was at most 5 touches. The more you see it, the more you realize just how fucking goooooooooooood this goal is. Strolled right through.
Hence I am saying that this should be one of the contenders for Goal of the season. Its clean, class and pure magic.

Nur der BvB09

what a match
9 points behind tottenham and 7 poin behind citeh (if they win)
:think:
Now that's a game the Mem and I are going to watch again tonight. And with Aldo's commentary it will be extra sweet.

The only disappointment on the night was that we conceded a goal, the first time this season that we've actually been behind at Anfield, but the response was truly magnificent.

In the past we probably would have gone to pieces. But last night, it just made us angry, and you really, really don't want to make us angry. We simply blew them away. I was surprised that in the end we only scored five goals. It could have ended up in double figures.

MOTM is a difficult pick, what with so many outstanding performances from the likes of Mané, Wijnaldum, Virgil, Robbo, Mo etc. etc. but in the end chose Bobby Dazzler for recapturing his mojo.

Let s Play FIFA19 with Bobby against kids
Leno s reaction after the ball went in Looking in the wrong direction is even better