POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jens

Well done mate can you try it with the Lambada tune?
Cheers for listening to it. Lambada's a good well known South American song too! I believe this Samba song is easier to sing along to, which is one way of saying I'm too lazy to make another video. Took me 2 hours to edit this one haha

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
That itself should help you not get carried away. I am happy, but not getting carried away with our position right now. Unlike last season where the closest rival is on double digit to claw back to get close to City, ours are just a couple of games away from them breathing down our neck. I still don't know how these boys handle pressure. Having said all that, judging by how we came back after conceding today, it shows the character we have and how we are going to handle setbacks - by becoming Hulk and smash the fuck out of the opponent. That for me is very promising, but still not going to get carried away, not yet. 28/29 years of my life waited to feel like a kid again, I had it once 13 years ago when we lift the Champs League, so I am going to keep myself in check till it's mathematically impossible for us not to win it!
I hear you.
After the win against City 6 years ago, I was sure the wait was over, and then came the slip.
I don't know if I can go through that again.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
That itself should help you not get carried away. I am happy, but not getting carried away with our position right now. Unlike last season where the closest rival is on double digit to claw back to get close to City, ours are just a couple of games away from them breathing down our neck. I still don't know how these boys handle pressure. Having said all that, judging by how we came back after conceding today, it shows the character we have and how we are going to handle setbacks - by becoming Hulk and smash the fuck out of the opponent. That for me is very promising, but still not going to get carried away, not yet. 28/29 years of my life waited to feel like a kid again, I had it once 13 years ago when we lift the Champs League, so I am going to keep myself in check till it's mathematically impossible for us not to win it!
Excellent Ed, the state of the art, chapter and verse....n'all

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Good shout for a penalty not given to Southampton there. Could have easily been given

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Oh well, 3-1 now so time to turn it off. Never mind, beat them on Thursday and be 10 clear of them going forward. They do look suspect at the back and can see us getting a couple against them which with the way our defense is playing may well be enough

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Ah well, City were always going to respond. They have Aguero (dirty cheating cunt) and Fernandinho (dirty cheating cunt) back so we should expect a cauldron on new years day. A litany of infractions and goadings and unawarded FK's. I really expect Klopp might change our set up considerably, and to an extent, play very tight with rapacious breaks. Maybe we'll see Clyne or at least a change at RB, I dont see this game suitable for young TAA quite just yet. But harken Milner is back, music to our ears.

Flobs

FADA
Yes, but why was Sokratis having words withe Mo and Mo was answering him back, shrugging his shoulders?
Wasn't he the one who tried kicking 3 lumps out of Salah in the penalty area to give us a penalty. My guess he was very embarrassed because kicking someone from behind in football is frowned upon and his manager would not be pleased.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
That's good to hear. Cheers. Over here (America) there was a whiff of it, and after watching Harry Kane rob us last season, and go down all day long at the slightest of touches, I'd love to see the media jump on him. He claimed a goal at the faintest of touches - that the cameras didn't pick up, and swore on the life of his new baby that it was his goal. Charming. Mo handed his penalty to Firmino to score and bag his hat-trick.

I see a massive difference in their character, and possibly I'm a bit sensitive to Harry being the darling of England, while Mo gets short-shrift as the diver. To my eyes our man usually tries to stay on his feet and play on, even after being fouled, and sometimes it is to the detriment of extracting maximum opportunity in the moment; but the way he plays is for the good of the game.
I don't think it is just England either - it was positively jarring here in Canada that whenever we had the NBC feed for a match last year, you would never see Salah praying. Without fail, NBC would cut away from it. I don't think the US sports media are particularly comfortable with an Egyptian Arab being simultaneously a stunning talent, a man of faith, and a fundamentally decent guy.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Was hoping Saints would do us a favour which really would help them too. I'm sure that Lovren, Lallana and Virgil's contract have some form of add-ons that would mean if we were to win the league then we'd have to fork over some cash.

Flobs

FADA
Every time we get a penalty its questioned by commentators and pundits. If a defender rugby tackled one of our attackers in the opposition penalty area it would be a soft or highly dubious penalty according to one or more of them. Total arseholes.
What's worst is some of our own supporters saying it was a soft one. Niether penalties given today were soft they were clear cut and the ref rightly gave them. It's like none of them have seen a football match let alone played one.
Even so I'm not going to get wound up these things are either given or they are not and that can not be changed after.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
What's worst is some of our own supporters saying it was a soft one. Niether penalties given today were soft they were clear cut and the ref rightly gave them. It's like none of them have seen a football match let alone played one.
Even so I'm not going to get wound up these things are either given or they are not and that can not be changed after.
Go easy on them its not like many of us know what its like to get a penalty, you know as they rarely occur. But 3 pens in our last 2 matches is an encouraging sign or a blip, if you believe in conspiracies, and everything will return to normal i.e we won't get a pen for a long time.

Commando

Let’s go through it.

1. There is a little clip on Salah’s boot
2. He then kicks Salah’s right leg...
3. ...which follows through to his left
4. Finally another nibble at Salah’s right leg

So, depending on how you judge these things, it’s somewhere between two and four.

There's all those fouls along with a hand on his shoulder which you can't see in this clip. But yeah, Mo dived.

What a brilliant game last night! Couldn't believe how they blitzed the Gunners.
One bit of commentary from the BBC's Steve Wilson that stuck with me was that Bobby had a little "Samba Swivel" to beat the Arsenal defence.

That reminded me of a lyric I wrote for Bobby on Bellini's Samba de Janeiro. That song is so catchy! In my opinion it is as catchy as the Torres bounce and the Suarez song were. I had it on my phone for a few weeks and decided to post it online. I actually saw there have been many attempts at a song for him, but none have stuck yet. Would love to hear what you think.

Cheers! YNWA
:well done::celebrating: