POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hoosierred

Let’s go through it.

1. There is a little clip on Salah’s boot
2. He then kicks Salah’s right leg...
3. ...which follows through to his left
4. Finally another nibble at Salah’s right leg

So, depending on how you judge these things, it’s somewhere between two and four.
You missed the should grab and pull back that started the sequence...

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
What poeticism it will be to win our 19th in 2019.
I explained to my daughter the white background and gold background PL patch on the sleeve.
We’ve decided that we will definitely be ordering next years shirts and paying the extra £5 for a gold PL patch.
She was looking to personalize it with name and number of her favorite player (if she can settle on which one that actually is...Milner now, Bobby, Mane, Salah, etc).
I told her I’m getting 19 for my number and “CHAMPIONS” for the name.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
The pic posted earlier in this thread is misleading. Bobby has already passed the keeper and is one yard away from the goal-line. Yes he looks away while shooting, but not before it. Look at the highlights from the game. He can't miss the goal at that point.
There’s a certain Arsenal striker who’d beg to differ ;-)

jaffod

What poeticism it will be to win our 19th in 2019.
I explained to my daughter the white background and gold background PL patch on the sleeve.
We’ve decided that we will definitely be ordering next years shirts and paying the extra £5 for a gold PL patch.
She was looking to personalize it with name and number of her favorite player (if she can settle on which one that actually is...Milner now, Bobby, Mane, Salah, etc).
I told her I’m getting 19 for my number and “CHAMPIONS” for the name.
You do know it's only December don't you?

NZred

The Red From NZ
I agree that Hendo was very good again, and he is now relatively rested and ready to start at City perhaps. His passing was assertive and he added defensive stability. Having said that, I thought Sadio was excellent too: terrific work rate, movement, and defense (his tackle was crucial to Bobby’s goal).
We were watching very different Manes. Poor in possession, poor decision making slow to move the ball on.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
What a brilliant game last night! Couldn't believe how they blitzed the Gunners.
One bit of commentary from the BBC's Steve Wilson that stuck with me was that Bobby had a little "Samba Swivel" to beat the Arsenal defence.

That reminded me of a lyric I wrote for Bobby on Bellini's Samba de Janeiro. That song is so catchy! In my opinion it is as catchy as the Torres bounce and the Suarez song were. I had it on my phone for a few weeks and decided to post it online. I actually saw there have been many attempts at a song for him, but none have stuck yet. Would love to hear what you think.

Cheers! YNWA
I like it. This is the thing I have always liked about Liverpool supporters, the unique songs we create and sing at games. These must mean a lot to the players.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Due to it being late December Im a bit late posting ! Excellent game. Arsenal are not a bad team, defence crap, but we blew them away. That should give us so much confidence going into the manc game ! I cant believe its passed Xmas and we are yet to be beaten !! Until then we wont know how the team react to a set back, however 7 pts on Man City it very nice ! we go again ! as someone once said !

FGred

I see Mr Pep is starting the pressure/mind games talk......let JK deal with LFC...you look after your shower of s****e.
Yes I noticed that one minute he calls us the best team in Europe the next we are the best team in the world all the while pumping his players up for the Thursday game, but I hope it has the reverse effect by putting a lot of pressure on his players.

Stanley DK

Y. N. W. A
Yes I noticed that one minute he calls us the best team in Europe the next we are the best team in the world all the while pumping his players up for the Thursday game, but I hope it has the reverse effect by putting a lot of pressure on his players.
I think they all know, this is not a good time to play against LFC. ;-)

Y. N. W. A

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Pep's trying to deflect the pressure to Liverpool, so is the manscum dominated media. They've got more to loose on this one. They're the ones who have a wingback problem. They've got a problem in the defense. Liverpool just need to play their natural game and they've a fair chance of winning. Even if we don't win, The onus is on Pep and City to make something out of the game.

Look for the stadium to go Emptyhad if we're leading 2-0 with 5 min to go.

FGred

Pep's trying to deflect the pressure to Liverpool, so is the manscum dominated media. They've got more to loose on this one. They're the ones who have a wingback problem. They've got a problem in the defense. Liverpool just need to play their natural game and they've a fair chance of winning. Even if we don't win, The onus is on Pep and City to make something out of the game.

I need to add that I hope Klopp bans Lovren from pre-match interviews as they always twist his words into boasts

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Somehow, I suspect that stadium won't be empty, but there might be a few (thousand) reds here and there outside the away section. City has been papering the house for months to make it look full, tickets get loose when you do that.

Rambler

"First is first, second is nowhere". Bill Shankly.
I need to add that I hope Klopp bans Lovren from pre-match interviews as they always twist his words into boasts
He said..."Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season. That is why we came to Liverpool. Arsenal did it before so why not?"

You can only boast about something you have actually achieved otherwise it isn't a boast.

This could be a boast though.... "I think people should recognise that I'm one of the best defenders in the world".

As Jordan Pickford found out, statements like these can come back to haunt you..........

FGred

He said..."Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season. That is why we came to Liverpool. Arsenal did it before so why not?"

You can only boast about something you have actually achieved otherwise it isn't a boast.

This could be a boast though.... "I think people should recognise that I'm one of the best defenders in the world".

As Jordan Pickford found out, statements like these can come back to haunt you..........
Precisely just trying to avoid giving shitty extra motivation

Neukolln

Anfield doesn't need lights when Bobby smiles.
So beautifully said. It is virtually impossible not to smile when you see Bobby smile. When he did that somersault tumble and stands up and smiles it's about as pure and genuine an emotion as could be.

Regarding JK's comment about Mo giving the ball to Bobby, that all starts with Klopp. The intangible of emotional intelligence. This side has it and that's a reflection of Jurgen as the leader. He said something interesting in his "Mind Of" episode that caught me: he's interested in what makes each of his players emotionally tick, on and off the pitch. What factors are making them play great or not so great in the moment. He cares about them as humans first. These boys truly care about each other and teams either have it or they don't. It's not something that can be taught.

On Gini...we talked about how sensational his performance was both in the match thread and here, so I won't rehash. What I want to add is that I don't think I'm overstating it when I say at this moment he probably has to be the first outfield player name on the team sheet. Not everyone can score the goals. Every elite level side has to have one unsung glue type player that does all the dirty work for his side at both ends of the pitch but gets very little praise. That's Gini for this side right now. His work rate, commitment and determination is next level.

Happy New Year's Red Family. Here's to a prosperous and healthy 2019 for each of you personally and for our Redman on the pitch. I love this community.

Magnus

I like it. This is the thing I have always liked about Liverpool supporters, the unique songs we create and sing at games. These must mean a lot to the players.
Liverpool's songs are the best I know of and a minor part of what first made me , very gradually, fall in love with this club.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
at the risk of sounding stereotypical , this means more. we aren't a plastic trophy chasing entitled retarded fanbase like the others.