• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magnus

Magnificent! First half exceptional ! Second half was like many second halves where a team leads by 3-4 goals usually is, we were a bit less concentrated, but could still have scored more. Arsenal should have had a penalty, didn't get it, so we "escaped" one probable but totatally insignificant goal. One single negative in the game is the yellow for Robertson, otherwise this was just a big, big wow ! :-)

RodM

MotM had to be Bobby. He had looked a bit frustrated in some recent games so really delighted for the lad.

Overall a great team performance. Possibly lucky on a couple of decisions but a fully deserved victory.

Maybe easy to say after winning 5:1 but I quite enjoyed watching Arsenal. Not their day but they did try to play. Hopefully they can steal some points of our nearest rivals.

Weirdly the pressure seems to be off against City. Hope that doesn't have a negative effect on us.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
9 POINTS CLEAR :celebrating:Wijnaldum MOTM. Wasn't worried when they scored, we responded like Champions-elect. We've now matured to such an extent I now firmly believe after hundreds of false dawn's that we are going to win the league.

Well done lads. Well done Wolves. Thank you Jurgen.Brilliant stuff.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
' And now you're gonna believe us .......' - avoid defeat at City on Thursday and we're going to be hearing plenty of that.

Stunning stuff from our front three today. Back to their very best. Nice touch from Mo to give the pen to Bobby for his hat-trick , exemplifies the bond that exists between these players. It's that as much as our sheer quality which is beginning to shine through and which will be rewarded come the season's end.

Magic.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I like the commentary.

Liverpool havent gone behind in a game at Anfield for 364 days lets see how they respon... its 1-1.
Haha... that for me is the sign that we are on to something this time, and that the lads aren't just running on euphoria, like for instance in 2014.

Our lads know that they are strong, they just know it. They don't panic, and go on with their game as if nothing happened.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Just sobering my mind here but what a win that was two weeks ago away at Wolves, that set us up for this really. Becoming increasingly intoxicated with emotion again, Im sure we'll skewer City next too!

Gini 'come get the ball off me if you can' Wijnaldum, absolutely immense performance MOTM. You kids vote for Bobby all you like, go on have a Brazil nut caramel on me lol

Proper days of old job tonight Jurgen, get the synth out again

Last edited:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'd like to give my vote to @nobluff.... if he is as consistent as we've seen so far throughout the season, give me his address, I be sending him a nice little gift.

In all seriousness, we were caught off guard in the first 10 minutes. We didn't expect Arsenal to have a go, and they really caught us by surprise. Instead of us having our head down, blaming each other of the goal. We get on with our game. The day where Robertson was really made to work extra hard by Arsenal, Fabinho misplacing all his passes in the first 10 minutes, we just get on with our game. You can see the confidence in the eyes of the player after we equalised.

Our front three today was ridiculous. Coupled with Shaqiri having the time of his life playing, we just tear them apart. We just allow them to try and pass themselves to an error. Jump on it, and hit them hard. Salah menace to the defenders, winning us two penalties. Firmino was on fire today with his dancing feet, took the defenders on and scored his second, that was classic Brazilian way. Mane could have scored more than one, and so was Salah today. But crazy.... this is like telling the league, "we will tell you when you can score!".

Man of the match, Fimino edges ahead of Shaqiri and Wijnaldum. The dutch midfielder was superb, shielding the ball, winning it back, taking it forward and winning fouls when we needed it. Shaqiri is involved in all the damn moves, and that superbly weighted pass to Salah in the second half should have seen the net rippled. But hattrick - Firmino is the man.

Lastly this is what I would like to wish you lot....