POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Libero

More from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC Match of the Day:

"We know how good he [Georginio Wijnaldum] is. Fabinho hit two very average passes and he was shaky in the next couple of moments. That can happen it’s all part of the process.

"Football is a game full of mistakes and it’s how you deal with it. Then we could bring Jordan Henderson on and he was so fresh. Arsenal didn’t have a lot of chances but that allowed us to close all the space in midfield."

On 2018: "Not too bad. The boys have made a big step but it’s important to show it’s a positive process. In 2018 I have nothing to moan about."

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
I can’t tell you how much I am enjoying watching us this season. I know everyone will rave about the scoreline and our position in the league but this is a special team. Treasure these moments my fellow posters. We will be talking to our grandchildren about where we were when we won the league the FA cup and the CL with Juergen Klopp

lfc.8

Not the most polished performance. Some wayward passing and organisation at times but hard to complain too much with the result.

C

Caradoc

Just over the moon that Liverpool’s loyal supporters are being given the performances that they deserve.

I’m one of the lucky ones who has seen the club win trophy after trophy. I just hope that this squad starts bringing home the silverware that its loyal younger supporters so richly deserve.

I know I haven’t felt this positive for a long, long time! :-)

Edin

This was Bobbys match, but Gini was magnificent.

It is a bit worrying to see the Fabinho brainfart every game. I think he finds PL a bit more aggresive than League 1, but at the same time. I would not change him for the very very little Arsenal DM. He was bullied tonight, and only got free kicks because he is so small. Shaq is also small, but you cant run him down like Torreira (thank god).

Where this is going I dont know, but I am enjoying every second of it!!